Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jarvis Bay
Christos
post Feb 28 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Kokino Vraka

Group: Members

Member No.: 220

We are back from a short fishing trip from Jarvis Bay.

There were four of us in the car

Majed

Attached File  P2260012.JPG ( 59.87K ) Number of downloads: 14

Gihad

Attached File  P2260010.JPG ( 70.99K ) Number of downloads: 15

Majed Son Ahmed

Attached File  P2270018.JPG ( 77.47K ) Number of downloads: 14

and Me

Attached File  P2270016.JPG ( 76.58K ) Number of downloads: 13

We met at Majed house at 06:30ish and were on our way at around 07:10 after getting some last minute supplies, ICE, ICE baby.

The trip down was a very good and that was with Majed towing his boat. We stayed at a house that allowed us to park the boat in the drive way.

Attached File  P2270024.JPG ( 83.34K ) Number of downloads: 13

Very good in terms of cleaning the boat and when I say cleaning the boat I mean cleaning the boat. Those of you who know him Majed is very tidy person. Those that do not know do now. smile1.gif

After unloading our clothes and food at the house we headed off to the Murrays ramp. First flat tyre on the trailer. We changed the tyre with the spare and headed to get this fixed at the servo. We left it there to pick up the next day. Off we went again and took a wrong turn but no matter we figured this out pretty quick and second flat tyre on the trailer. Sorry no pictures. We unhooked the boat and Majed and son headed to get the first tyre back. Meanwhile Gihad and I jacked up the boat and were ready for their return. We climbed on to the boat and sat back enjoying the scenery, Coke Zero in hand.

Got on to the Bay at just after Lunch time but we did not eat anything since heading out that morning. We hit a bit of a Swell and it was tough fishing with the swell about 1.5 - 2 meters.

We stayed for about 2 hours at pretty much the same spot but nothing was hitting the baits. We ended up calling it a day and headed back to two to get a feed and relax a little. We cook some food that we brought from our house and sat down reading the maps provided by bait shop.

The next day we started early and were on the water by 06:00 ish. Very Very Very Very Clam.

We picked a spot and started to fish. Were pulling out snapper and snapper. Majed gets hit by something big that did not want to come up so he lost some line. With in another half an hour he gets another hit and this time we expected to see something as the fight was on. About ten minutes of getting some line back it took more line. He got broken off at the leader. It started to get choppy again so we decided to move to another place jjust to try out.

We moved to Point Perpendicular and fished for a little while here.

Attached File  P2270022.JPG ( 79.5K ) Number of downloads: 16

A little clamer here and quite a few boats here.

After some time we headed back to shore and this took quite a long time to get back the chop was wild in what we were facing. Majed drove back and right side was completly soaked. I was sitting on his left so did not get wet. smile1.gif

At the boat ramp the tide was fast and it took a little while before we ended up bringing the boat in. I ran into the back of the trailer at this stage as I was not that fast in reverse.

Attached File  P2270025.JPG ( 82.05K ) Number of downloads: 15

Yep that is right broke the trailer light. rolleyes.gif

We decided to head back early and maybe fish Botany Bay if the wind was right. Here is some pictures of the drive back.

Attached File  P2270033.JPG ( 80.27K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  P2270034.JPG ( 81.59K ) Number of downloads: 6

And even some cows.

Attached File  P2270035.JPG ( 66.64K ) Number of downloads: 8

Thank you
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Majed
post Mar 1 2010, 12:15 AM
Post #2

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

It was a thoroughly enjoyable trip......thanks guys... smile1.gif

Although the excessive wind wasn't ideal we still managed to get some nice snapper.... smile1.gif
We did though miss out on 3 really big kingies... hysterical.gif

As for the trailer tyres...the first puncture was due to a large nail as we were pulling out of the driveway of the rented house....the second puncture was just wear and tear on an old spare...fixed the first one and replaced the spare with a new tyre...i replaced the broken trailer light with a new one my cousin gave me as he did not need it.... smile1.gif

I was very much unimpressed with the lack of boat ramps in Jervis Bay....and the quality of the ramps that are available..

The Murray beach ramp is in my opinion disgraceful...it is close to the heads, but is really an awkward ramp at low tide and a single lane road to get in and out....in Sydney this ramp would be labelled a disgrace....We used this ramp on day 1.... mad.gif

The Woollamia boat ramp was much better with 2 lanes and cleaning table and other amenities, but the down side is that you have to travel a fair distance in the creek at 4 knots to get to the Bay and then a fair distance to the heads....we used this ramp on day 2.... smile1.gif

Calalla Bay ramp is really far from the heads so we did not use this one...

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Mar 1 2010, 02:52 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

After unloading our clothes

How many pairs of the red wuns did ewe take christos ????? hysterical.gif

Calalla Bay ramp is really far from the heads so we did not use this one...

No further than running from georges river to the drums majed & it is also a crappy ramp for any 1/2 decent sized boat

Have to ask

Wot's with all this wind ewe guys are talking about ??????????

Baked beans weren't on the menu were they ????????? hysterical.gif

I warned ewe b4 ewes went down there this time of the year the wind will allways come up just b4 lunch time.

Currarong which is the town nth of pt perpendicular headland is a aboriginal name
Translated it means
place of the wind

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Mar 1 2010, 01:11 PM
Post #4

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

well sounds like you all had a bit of fun....

but at least you got out there and had some fun.....

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Mar 1 2010, 03:29 PM
Post #5

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

QUOTE (hustler57 @ Mar 2 2010, 08:11 AM) *
well sounds like you all had a bit of fun....

but at least you got out there and had some fun.....

Always good to get to different places and explore what's available. I use Murray beach ramp when I go down there
and have never been overly concerned with it being single lane.
And good squid fishing within eyesight of the ramp.
When you was saying you had a very fast run and lost some line through drag I was expecting you to come up with a sun fish
as I have hooked a few of them down there, and although they just drift along with the current they can give you a surprisingly good fight on light gear.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Christos
post Mar 2 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #6

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 1 2010, 09:52 PM) *
Wot's with all this wind ewe guys are talking about ??????????

Jumpy wind

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 1 2010, 09:52 PM) *
Currarong which is the town nth of pt perpendicular headland is a aboriginal name
Translated it means
Jumpy place of the wind

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th August 2024 - 11:32 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates