Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Massive Shark Caught In The Georges River
Majed
post Jan 7 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #1

*TheUnderTaker*

Group: Members

Member No.: 5

A massive 3 Metre - 300kg Shovelnose Shark was caught in the Georges River at Como on Tuesday....

I was fishing between Como & Sylvania the same day with my wife and kids....i was actually going to dive in and have a swim too...thank god i didn't....

Here is the article - http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/by-g...9-1225816374117

--------------------
FISHING beats Working
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jan 7 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #2

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

It's a harmless member of the ray family, majed. It probably could only just fit your big toe into its mouth. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Christos
post Jan 8 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #3

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Better to use the words monster shark.

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Jan 8 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #4

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

yeah i heard and saw this on the news, yeah ok its a huge catch and yeh im sure they are proud to catch it, i would be to but personally id let it go back home into the very shallow depths on the moons, seriously catch it, take a few snapps and release it,

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 9 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #5

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

If that shark was 300kg then my penis is bigger than Moby's Dick

Wot a bunch of wankers esp the way they treated the shark

Tis another case of idiots trying to be hero's just to get their ugly melons in the paper & I hope it back fires on them & true anglers see them for wot they are

GLORY SEEKERS

And boycott the guys shop

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 9 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #6

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

7/01/2010 Update: The fishermen report they released the shark alive into the water and that they did not kill it

Aside from a bruised ego I doubt it suffered any long term problems, those things are tough as nails.

A couple of young blokes on a learning curve, we've all been there and done that.
They copped a lot of flack in the 'reader's comments'.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 9 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

Use your noggin Fed & stop being so gullable believing all ewe read

For starters they dragged the thing into the boat even if they took off right away & headed back to the ramp there goes 1/2 an hr, pulled the boat onto the trailer another 10 minutes, dragged the shark out of the boat to gloat & take pics another 15 minutes

And ewe expect the fushy to live after all that

I dont tink so

That update that ewe quoted was given @ a later time & I bet my short & curlies the reason was because of peeps putting shit on them for thinking they were hero's

think this comment says it all i came from the comments posted in that article

Good one boys , you just killed something for nothing, meatheads.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 9 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #8

*Mr Shiny Head*

Sure they could be liars but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it swim happily away after only an hour out of the water.
Maybe they ate it too, who knows?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 9 2010, 09:38 PM
Post #9

His Eminance

I'm afraid it would not have lived Fed but be assured those 2 anglers are full of shit

Just to show you how full of shit they really are I'll annalise their report for ewe & those who haven't jerried to their Bullshit & the crap these newspaper journalists print

A SMALL rod loaded with mullet bait was enough to tempt a 300kg shovelnose shark from the depths of the Georges River in Sydney's south yesterday.

** Deepest Botany bay gets is around 5 meters average but there are some hole in the river that get to around 18 meters, they're making it sound like he fish was caught out on the continental shelf

** That fish would be hard pressed pushing 70 kg in weight, dont know where they got 300 kg from

** Well this is a 1st, never heard of a fush eating sum wuns mullet haircut B4 must've wanted it to use as a Merkin hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

You wouldn't believe how we got it. We were only out there for 15 minutes and the boat just took off. We had to pour water over the rod because it was smoking," Mr Short, 34, from Padstow, said

** Wun minute they're saying they were fushing light line next that line was strong enough for the fush to tow the boat around on

** Guy that made that comment has 2B a Dramma Queen wearing high heels & a handbag cause they would've be spooled long B4 they found a bucket to fill & pour water over the reel mind ewe the twit did say they poured the water over the rod & not the reel.

** Majed asked in Alex's marlin thread how exiting it must be to go game fushing, well it is when a fushy is peeling line off the reel @ a rapid pace we call that smoking & those gamefush can really smoke the reel [not literally though]

This twit read about the term smoking & used it in his describription of events, that shovelnose would not have the capacity to smoke a reel & I reckon the only rod he poured water on was his mates 22.gif cause it was rising to the occasion

7/01/2010 Update: The fishermen report they released the shark alive into the water and that they did not kill it

Bullshit !

This comment was adding the following day because of all the payouts the twits were getting
If ewe treated a dog or Kat the way these 2 did to the shovelnose the RSPCA would have had ewe in court on charges

For two hours, the massive catch dragged the boat from Como to Connells Point and back

Should've said 3 hrs & used Gilligans theme song as a backdrop

2 hrs huh ????????

Even though the shovelnose dosen't ave shupus tootharus how long do ewe honestly think the leader if any was used would've lasted ???????????????????

"In the end we had to tie a massive rope around the shark to lift it into the boat and it nearly tipped us sideways," Mr Elvvine, from Greenacre, said.

This is wot any novice out there should really take note of cause it's wot ewe should never ever do

2 guys in a 4.5 meter tinny[est weight of 2 around 150 kgs] that weight transfer alone in a boat so small would be enough to tip it if in swell or a passing boat gave off a good wash.

Add to that the weight of the fush 300kgs ????????? my arse, but lets just say I'm on the mark @ 70kgs that's a toal weight of 220 kgs all over wun side of the goat

These guys have got rocks in their heads & should've pulled the fush in over the the transom, sharks & rays dont have bones their all meat & cartlidge so it's quite easy to do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Jan 10 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #10

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

totally agree with jg except i would put the witte fishy at about 130-150 kilo mark,

as i said before well done on them catching something so big but catch and release guys...

if ya dont plan on eatiing it.. then release it, im sure they now regret keeping it, thinking at the time look at me, look at me, look what i caught... but as fishos we gotta be very carefull what we do as not to paint a bad picture to the non fishing public/ media, as we need is some non fishing or fishing tie wearing beaurcat seeing this and saying well thos dam fishos will keep anything they catch so lets make that area a non fishing marine park.. i dunno about every one else but this makes me just as angry as when i see some one at the ramp cleaning a large female flatty,

anyway what is done is done,

what ya read in the media is 90% bullshit anyway,

but which boat ramp where the pics taken from ?? i cant recognise it ??? and where is the wittle fishy now ??

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 10 2010, 04:11 PM
Post #11

*Mr Shiny Head*

I was wondering about the ramp too Hustler.

I'm afraid it would not have lived Fed

I still think the fish could have easily lived, I only read the first line of your post as the rest was decorative ramblings.
Keep your eye on the ball mate. hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 11 2010, 01:40 AM
Post #12

His Eminance

QUOTE (hustler57 @ Jan 11 2010, 10:08 AM) *
and where is the wittle fishy now ??

It DEED

Keep your eye on the ball mate.

Which wun Mr Shinny Head, The Left or the Right ???????????? hysterical.gif

Gumballs.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th August 2024 - 03:03 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates