Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Amazing By Catch
Arnie Dog
post Dec 27 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #1

*The Dog Master*

Group: Members

Member No.: 17

Many of us go out to target a certain species and more often than not we come up with the goods. Mind you there are times when we come home empty handed but the big thing is that we are out there having a go at the best past time in the world and that is, FISHING ( Of Course) For me it is a bonus every time I wake up let alone get out to fish after my accident 3 weeks ago but that is another story.

My step son Gavin came up to visit Lou and I for Christmas and because we don't see each other often as he is in Melbourne we decided to have a fish for a few flatties before he went home on Thursday. Wednesday arvo with the tide still howling out at 5pm saw us get on the water at 6.30pm. one and a half hours of daylight was all we had so we had to make the best of it. I decided to take Gav to spot X one that Poly, Jumpy, Steve and Dave have been to. It is my ace up the sleeve when desperate to produce a feed. Mind you, it isn't all that good but does produce the ODD HOWLER from time to time.

Gav had 4 flatties on a 120mm- 24 carrat Squidgy Wriggler and I never had so much as had a touch on my Killer Tomato Wriggler the same size. He was giving me a real pizzlin over the count but I knew I had to persist. Spot X was stuffed so we drifted down past spot Z, second cast at Z saw my spool go into hyper drive. This was no flattie I said to my self. After 15 mins a 6kg jew was along side the boat with Gav doing a swell job with his first attempt with a gaff. "Not bad" I said to Gav "10lb mainline and 8lb fluro carbon trace". "Mmmmmm Jewie on flathead gear not too bad at all". I kept musing to myself. After the mandatory pics it was back to where it all started spot Z. First cast and away we went again. this time I was in dire trouble, a spool job was on the cards if Gav did'nt get the motor going and quickly. Away we went and it was on again. the 002 Samurai and little Viva reel did an excellent job keeping me connected to the run away train I had hooked. In and out of anchored boats, dodging marker bouys, fighting the current which was still running out, we had a real fight on our hands. Twenty mins later saw another jew of 12kgs beside the boat. Again the same line, same trace and same lure. More hooting more screaming, more pics and hand shaking. To say I was impressed is an understatement.

"Bugger this Gav you take the pink lure I'm done" I said. The second cast and Whammo you guest it Gav was in. 10 mins later saw him land his first jew 6.5 kgs. We repeated all the stuff you just read about and we Chuffed. One sad note though. all the boats that were anchored fishing for jew with some very serious gear caught zilch. It happens but boy were they were ticked off with us with our little magic wands and flattie lures. That lure is now hanging off the picture frame with me and my jew on my wall of fame. That for me was a PB 12kg on 4kg trace ,I'm still smiling. Hope the pics are not too dark. I had the ones I got done today lightened up a bit, they look tops.

This post has been edited by Arnie Dog: Dec 31 2007, 11:26 AM
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Gavs_Jewie.jpg ( 20.6K ) Number of downloads: 35
Attached File  Bob__s_Jews.jpg ( 36.47K ) Number of downloads: 49

--------------------

The George Street Shuffle
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Dec 27 2007, 10:43 PM
Post #2

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

Awesome. clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
kkw
post Dec 27 2007, 10:51 PM
Post #3

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Good one Bobby. I looked for spot X, Y and Z when I was down there, but it was high tide and they must have been underwater.
My next jewfish on a lure, will be my PB. (never got one on a lure)

+Quote Post
poly
post Dec 27 2007, 10:59 PM
Post #4

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

well mate what can i say to tell u truly i am gob smacked, the times i have motored past spot z to get to spot x with out wetting a line, well thats another story.
good on u ARNIE and a big congrats on the PB.
see u and Lou in the new year.

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Mully
post Dec 28 2007, 06:50 PM
Post #5

Shark

Member No.: 720

Great catch there mate well done on your new PB.Great fun playing with mullys dry.gif

--------------------
YOU MUST SHOW RESPECT TO GET IT IN RETURN, NEVER PRESUME YOU DESERVE IT.....

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Dec 28 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #6

*The Dog Master*

QUOTE (kkw @ Dec 28 2007, 05:41 PM) *
Good one Bobby. I looked for spot X, Y and Z when I was down there, but it was high tide and they must have been underwater.
My next jewfish on a lure, will be my PB. (never got one on a lure)

You will KK, just keep putting the time in and it WILL happen, fish.gif fish.gif the fun is being out there the fish makes it a bonus Bro

--------------------

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Dec 29 2007, 01:24 AM
Post #7

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

Nice work Bobby, good to see that they came back to your special spot, Great pics, hope you are doing fine after your bad experiance, My regards to You and Lou, hope to catch up again in the New Year.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
Christos
post Dec 29 2007, 02:23 AM
Post #8

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Nice catch.

Good story.

+Quote Post
Majed
post Dec 29 2007, 04:00 AM
Post #9

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Great catch there...well done.... smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Dec 29 2007, 06:55 PM
Post #10

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

wooooohoooo well done ,

Top report there Arnie Dog & congrats to you and Gav on your new PB's (& firsts) a realy good effort there .

One Question tho , was the water dirty ?? i imagine it would've been .

Maybe thats been me problem of late , see i've been struggling to raise a fish on SP's in the dirty water latley . I'm using garry glitter's , 24 carrots , silver fox's & bloodworms . I usualy use blues , pinks & greens when the waters clear , guess thats what ya get for sticking to rules . laugh.gif

Again top stuff & them pics are good too .

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
poly
post Dec 29 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #11

the yack man

may be its time to put the smelly finger in to the wold of boating mate hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Dec 30 2007, 02:14 AM
Post #12

*GasMask*

Poly been there done that .

Naah it's just me widdle boats got a few issues mate & well mates can be unreliable so i usualy don't bother there .

Plus the fact there's been a stack of fish caught off the land lately , Jews that is around the spots i fish .

Poly i have no doubt that i'd be able to pull a few Flatty's in me boat at the mo but i've got too much to do this year . cry_smile.gif

Think i'll be doing a spot of boat fishing next week , my bro's keen to see some fish as his last 2 trips i've been busy and he's got nothing & the trip before that when i went i was hauling them in allday while he & his mate got just a few . tongue.gif

& the week after that i think i'll take the Kyak down to Mums place for the Flatones , i've just been waiting for the weather to go down there biggrin.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Dec 30 2007, 11:38 PM
Post #13

*The Dog Master*

QUOTE (Smelly @ Dec 30 2007, 01:45 PM) *
wooooohoooo well done ,

Top report there Arnie Dog & congrats to you and Gav on your new PB's (& firsts) a realy good effort there .

One Question tho , was the water dirty ?? i imagine it would've been .

Maybe thats been me problem of late , see i've been struggling to raise a fish on SP's in the dirty water latley . I'm using garry glitter's , 24 carrots , silver fox's & bloodworms . I usualy use blues , pinks & greens when the waters clear , guess thats what ya get for sticking to rules . laugh.gif

Again top stuff & them pics are good too .

We were in 2.6 mts of water Smelly and it was pretty much clear.The tide had just about stopped and there were small fish being spooked here and there. water temp was 21 deg. Thats it bloke I guess we just need to put in the time as you well know
keep trying Bud

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 2 2008, 02:45 PM
Post #14

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Good report bobby & about time you got back into them jewgong
You hit the nail on the head with this comment
You will KK, just keep putting the time in and it WILL happen

Exept for one thing !
Ewe haven't seen kk fish laugh.gif laugh.gif pulling your leg there kk laugh.gif

ps] moved this thread to fishing reports

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 3 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #15

the yack man

has there been any more of that great by catch ARNIE smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Jan 3 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #16

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Member No.: 6

nice one bobs . Its great when you get that bycatch and turns out to have been a great sesh

This post has been edited by STEVE.P: Jan 3 2008, 09:57 PM

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Jan 5 2008, 04:19 PM
Post #17

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

im moving to greenwell.............

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jan 5 2008, 09:04 PM
Post #18

*GasMask*

We were in 2.6 mts of water Smelly and it was pretty much clear.The tide had just about stopped and there were small fish being spooked here and there. water temp was 21 deg. Thats it bloke I guess we just need to put in the time as you well know
keep trying Bud

Thanx for that Arnie Dog ,

I thought for sure you were gonna say it was dirty , i feel bettera now . laugh.gif

Again top stuff . :thumbs_up:

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Jan 6 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #19

*The Dog Master*

QUOTE (CATCH22 @ Jan 6 2008, 11:09 AM) *
im moving to greenwell.............

Love to have you Catch

--------------------

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Jan 7 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #20

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Arnie Dog @ Dec 28 2007, 05:11 PM) *
Many of us go out to target a certain species and more often than not we come up with the goods. Mind you there are times when we come home empty handed but the big thing is that we are out there having a go at the best past time in the world and that is, FISHING ( Of Course) For me it is a bonus every time I wake up let alone get out to fish after my accident 3 weeks ago but that is another story.

My step son Gavin came up to visit Lou and I for Christmas and because we don't see each other often as he is in Melbourne we decided to have a fish for a few flatties before he went home on Thursday. Wednesday arvo with the tide still howling out at 5pm saw us get on the water at 6.30pm. one and a half hours of daylight was all we had so we had to make the best of it. I decided to take Gav to spot X one that Poly, Jumpy, Steve and Dave have been to. It is my ace up the sleeve when desperate to produce a feed. Mind you, it isn't all that good but does produce the ODD HOWLER from time to time.

Gav had 4 flatties on a 120mm- 24 carrat Squidgy Wriggler and I never had so much as had a touch on my Killer Tomato Wriggler the same size. He was giving me a real pizzlin over the count but I knew I had to persist. Spot X was stuffed so we drifted down past spot Z, second cast at Z saw my spool go into hyper drive. This was no flattie I said to my self. After 15 mins a 6kg jew was along side the boat with Gav doing a swell job with his first attempt with a gaff. "Not bad" I said to Gav "10lb mainline and 8lb fluro carbon trace". "Mmmmmm Jewie on flathead gear not too bad at all". I kept musing to myself. After the mandatory pics it was back to where it all started spot Z. First cast and away we went again. this time I was in dire trouble, a spool job was on the cards if Gav did'nt get the motor going and quickly. Away we went and it was on again. the 002 Samurai and little Viva reel did an excellent job keeping me connected to the run away train I had hooked. In and out of anchored boats, dodging marker bouys, fighting the current which was still running out, we had a real fight on our hands. Twenty mins later saw another jew of 12kgs beside the boat. Again the same line, same trace and same lure. More hooting more screaming, more pics and hand shaking. To say I was impressed is an understatement.

"Bugger this Gav you take the pink lure I'm done" I said. The second cast and Whammo you guest it Gav was in. 10 mins later saw him land his first jew 6.5 kgs. We repeated all the stuff you just read about and we Chuffed. One sad note though. all the boats that were anchored fishing for jew with some very serious gear caught zilch. It happens but boy were they were ticked off with us with our little magic wands and flattie lures. That lure is now hanging off the picture frame with me and my jew on my wall of fame. That for me was a PB 12kg on 4kg trace ,I'm still smiling. Hope the pics are not too dark. I had the ones I got done today lightened up a bit, they look tops.

good one booby finally after all the great effort you landed what you where after good onya son .....ill see ya soon ...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2024 - 06:55 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates