Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Botany Bay, Anchor Restricted Area's
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 9 2008, 04:10 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well peeps think it'll be a sad day when these restrictions are enforced.
I popped out last night to go say hello & take the piss out of a few of the boys whom I know @ the local fishing club I duck in every now & then to say hurro.
Anyways cant give you's a great deal of info on the topic as it came out in conversation late in the night by one of the guys & it's going to be discussed in further detail @ their next meeting.
One which I'll be attending just to get the full story on these restrictions.
Anyway apparantly the ports authority has now deemed Botany Bay to be unsafe due to the growing amount of oil tankers, cargo ships & the growing amount of tugs /pilot vessel usage.
Hence they want recreational fishermem to suffer once again by placing restrictions on where they can anchor inside the bay & I'm not talking about inside the shipping channels either.

Apparantly those no anchor zones will extend way past the shipping channels & will forbid anyone from anchoring virtually anywhere from the heads to where the 3rd runway is.

So all those fishermen who anchor up @ Molinuex Pt waiting for kungs to appear cant anchor there, the bommy place of alot of my fishing reports : well you cant fish the spot on the drift & I will get a fine if I achor there etc etc.

I've been fishing the Bay for nearly 30 years now & in that time have seen the place diminish in the way of fish sizes & no's guess like every other place, but in the Bay the fish are still there just that we as fishermen aren't allowed to fish the man made structures that house these fish.

I'm refering to places like the runways , oil wharf & container terminal & I really think it'll be a very sad day if these anchor zones get enforced the Bay is virtually barren on the whole 80 % of it has an average depth of 4 - 6 meters & there are only 2 1/2 decent reefs which will be off limits to boats that anchor on them.

Reasons given by authorities are that the commercial boats wash will become 2 dangerous for boats anchored to which I say wash can be & is just as dangerous being on the drift as it is if anchored & they should look @ alternatives like governing speed limits on these commercial boats boats to stop the wash they give off instead of penalising the small boat owner.

I'll keep you's up to date when I hear more.

One very PISSED off Jumpus

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boris
post Apr 9 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #2

Jewfish

Group: Members

Member No.: 737

wow...
thats bad news...

--------------------
Boris

+Quote Post
jack
post Apr 9 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #3

*Back Better*

Group: Donator

Member No.: 2,560

Hmmmmm,

Just as I was thinking of fishing botany bay more often.

Maybe a petition to create more of those man made reefs in the anchor zones??

Jack

--------------------

+Quote Post
Majed
post Apr 9 2008, 09:48 PM
Post #4

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Typical bureacats....next thing they will stop us fishing the rivers too......... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

We should all boycott paying our fishing fees if we cant fish the good spots in the bay or anywhere else for that matter...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Apr 9 2008, 10:20 PM
Post #5

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

Jumpy. Is that South Sydney club ?. If so I might venture down there myself next meeting, to hear what is being talked about.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 9 2008, 11:32 PM
Post #6

the yack man

Member No.: 4

WELL what can i say other than welcome to the no go zones, if u think back to your last trip down to J.B. you will know how well the greens did keeping every one out of the best spots,
they may not be calling it a marine park but the end result is the same, on fishing or at least no effective fishing, well what to do fight my friend fight, hard and dirty.
shooting has been all but shut down and now its fishings turn, and if u don't believe me just ask a greeny dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Apr 10 2008, 02:39 AM
Post #7

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

thats bullshit well youll see me on da news matey for ive had it up to ...h......its to much blue tap ..botany bay is ours as much as these 2 bob idiot planners who decide how we live our lifes ... well lets all pull together on this one and really be heard for if we dont it will happen but if we unite we can make that differnce once its lost its lost forever ...i would love to see my grandsoon be able to fish with me achored in botany bay abnd why shouldnt he ........comwe on fishos let show some muscle......keep us inform jump .......good onya mate

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 10 2008, 03:56 AM
Post #8

His Eminance

QUOTE (Majed @ Apr 10 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Typical bureacats....next thing they will stop us fishing the rivers too......... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

We should all boycott paying our fishing fees if we cant fish the good spots in the bay or anywhere else for that matter...... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Majed wait till I put up a thread of how the authorities are spending our fishing licence fee's

Think everyone here will get a rude shock.

I wont do the thread till I get the figures on paper of how much each of those Fads cost.

Well in my books no way they could cost that much , personally I think there were alot of pack door payments made to those high up in the Government dept to even approve such ridiculous figures.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 10 2008, 03:58 AM
Post #9

His Eminance

QUOTE (nimrod @ Apr 10 2008, 04:20 PM) *
Jumpy. Is that South Sydney club ?. If so I might venture down there myself next meeting, to hear what is being talked about.

Yes it was Frank !

Like I said every now & then I get down there to say hurro to the boys & we generally have a good laugh & was shaking my head last night upon hearing the news

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 10 2008, 04:32 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

QUOTE (poly @ Apr 10 2008, 05:32 PM) *
WELL what can i say other than welcome to the no go zones, if u think back to your last trip down to J.B. you will know how well the greens did keeping every one out of the best spots,
they may not be calling it a marine park but the end result is the same, on fishing or at least no effective fishing, well what to do fight my friend fight, hard and dirty.
shooting has been all but shut down and now its fishings turn, and if u don't believe me just ask a greeny dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

Yes those No Fish zones are pathetic poly

But unoficially we've had them here in Botany Bay long B4 they were even considered by that F********* labour government for places down & up the coast.

You have to bear in mind Botany Bay is not very big @ all & as I said in opening post about 80 % is very shallow water & not very good as a fish producing waters.

1st came the oil wharf & we're not allowed to fish it's vicinity but the wharf attracts the fish from other area's
Next the container Terminal well much the same but on a grander scale
Next some great area's are a no fish zone up behind towrain the creek there
Next the 3rd runway prob not that bad until they also put up those yellow buoys forbidding entry which in turn close off the waters in between the runways which yields some great flathead & protection from wind for smaller boats

Now they want to shut us out of the few remaining spots left which actually still yeild decent fish.

That is wrong & I cant accept their excuse that you're still allowed to fish there on the drift cause that area cant be fished that way

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 10 2008, 04:33 AM
Post #11

His Eminance

QUOTE (CATCH22 @ Apr 10 2008, 08:39 PM) *
thats bullshit well youll see me on da news matey for ive had it up to ...h......its to much blue tap ..botany bay is ours as much as these 2 bob idiot planners who decide how we live our lifes ... well lets all pull together on this one and really be heard for if we dont it will happen but if we unite we can make that differnce once its lost its lost forever ...i would love to see my grandsoon be able to fish with me achored in botany bay abnd why shouldnt he ........comwe on fishos let show some muscle......keep us inform jump .......good onya mate

Dave I can see the pair of us getting locked up laugh.gif laugh.gif

Esp with my short tolerance for bullsh*t tongue.gif

ps] Do you think the guys here would rally to bail us out or do you think they'd laugh @ us ???

--------------------

+Quote Post
jack
post Apr 10 2008, 04:48 AM
Post #12

*Back Better*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 10 2008, 10:33 PM) *
Dave I can see the pair of us getting locked up laugh.gif laugh.gif

Esp with my short tolerance for bullsh*t tongue.gif

ps] Do you think the guys here would rally to bail us out or do you think they'd laugh @ us ???

uhhhhhhhhh......

Don't ask questions you may not like the answer of hysterical.gif

Jack

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 10 2008, 04:58 AM
Post #13

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Im up for causing some RUCKUS!!

It will take a case of Rum, Some Tequila and a Cask of Tawny!!!

Then we can go start bashing in some doors!!

I recon a chain link of fishing boats across the heads will make a good start.. We Can send the Poly's in for the first row!!

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Apr 10 2008, 05:10 AM
Post #14

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

might be a dusty trip from the bush with the rum for some ruckus in the city tongue.gif

+Quote Post
It'l Do
post Apr 10 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #15

*Tooth Fairy*

Member No.: 2,553

I have not put Adobe Acrobat on this new PC yet so not sure what is being said. The HTML version is very brief.

www.ansansw.com.au/Hot%20Topics/SSAFASPCFlyer0407.pdf

On just get on with and Fill in Botany Bay. hysterical.gif
This has been a joke within our family for 40 years. One day they might just do it, imaging The Georges River channel. Oh and a special little channel for people to retrace Captain Cook's voyage. hysterical.gif

--------------------
Don't tell anybody but my name is Fushin Freddie
I don't exaggerate...I just remember BIG!

+Quote Post
Christos
post Apr 10 2008, 07:11 AM
Post #16

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 10 2008, 10:33 PM) *

We would not laugh at you. We will put up a thread.

Then put up another thread on the subject of the thread, then maybe go off topic and have to create another thread.

tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Christos
post Apr 10 2008, 07:13 AM
Post #17

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Please keep us up to date.

+Quote Post
jack
post Apr 10 2008, 02:17 PM
Post #18

*Back Better*

QUOTE (Christos @ Apr 11 2008, 01:13 AM) *
Please keep us up to date.

But use your 1 phonecall to call your lawyer tongue.gif

Jack

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sir Reel
post Apr 10 2008, 05:41 PM
Post #19

*Narcho's*

Member No.: 2,557

Well thats just crap. :fan: Down this way its turning good people into crimanals because they want to fish the no go zones. If you are caught its not a on the spot fine but a day in court, meanwhile they confiscate your boat and fishing gear. furious.gif They can then auction it off at low prices never to be seen again.furious.gif (it's not like were racing down the main street doing burnouts etc we are trying to catch our dinner) Then you show up in court, having to pay lawyers, court costs and a fine. Now you also have a Police record which will make it harder to get a honest job. furious.gif

--------------------
insanity takes it's toll, I make sure I have plenty of spare change

Catch ya L8ter

John

+Quote Post
maraudingmado
post Apr 10 2008, 07:15 PM
Post #20

Tiddler

Member No.: 2,563

I very begrudginly pay the fishing licence. I used to fish Jervis Bay every weekend years ago. I don't even bother now. It p(*&es me off that I pay for a licence to fish in less and less waters than when the licence first reared it's ugly head. I don't benefit one iota from the fees. brickwall.gif

--------------------
Once you hear the call of the gull and the smell of the sea it will never leave your heart!!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2024 - 07:59 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates