Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quotes From The Net.
Fed
post Nov 1 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #1

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

He wants to also install a water tank out of aluminum for more weight. A tank with a few ribs welded in so the water won't slosh around. Now I think that this won't help at all. Water has no weight when on water right?

Big-Banana

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Nov 1 2011, 01:00 PM
Post #2

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Wont the sloshing water wash away the BBQ sauce of the ribs making them tasteless & unappertising
Not to mention very salty laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Nov 1 2011, 01:17 PM
Post #3

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

Bet the same guy gives free advise for those prepared to listen.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Fed
post Nov 2 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #4

*Mr Shiny Head*

Can anyone believe this from Sydney angler, Jumpy would last about 5 seconds.
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
Due to ongoing lack of respect for the Sydney Angler Code of Conduct all future repeat offenders will be banned without notice.

Sydney Angler Code of Conduct
1) Spelling and punctuation
Make an effort to adhere to the basics of the English language. Posts where clearly no effort has been made with regards to spelling, grammar and punctuation will be deleted immediately. This is not intended to punish or discriminate against accidental spelling mistakes or those whose spelling skills are less strong (see note below). It is about making an effort.

2) SMS/Text Language
Any post containing GenY/SMS style language will be deleted immediately and the poster deleted from the site. Don't post it because it will be deleted.

3) Have a Point
This is difficult because some of the best threads are the most trivial. That being said, post or threads that are meaningless, idiotic or add no value will be deleted.

Please Note: The diversity of Sydney Angler is our strength. We understand that some members do not speak English as a first language and that we all have differing levels of education. We encourage all members from all walks of life to post freely and we will NEVER knowingly discriminate in this regard. We will never delete posts, belittle or criticise any contribution because of a spelling mistake (we all make them!). We will however delete posts where clearly no effort has been made.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Nov 2 2011, 02:03 PM
Post #5

Marlin

QUOTE (Fed @ Nov 3 2011, 08:45 AM) *

Makes me wonder who it is that decides NO effort has been made,, the mods must believe they are holyier then others.
No more LOL's or ROFL's or any of that sort of nonsence,,,,, wonder if they allow the little cartoon blokes that make a post appear funny you know these blokes tongue.gif rolleyes.gif mad.gif among others,, spose they would be conscruded as being in poor taste.

This is something I would expect from that other site, ( which I can't even remember the name of,, the one run by hubby and wife ) ( moreso the wife,, think she wears the pants in that lot ) but comes as a surprise from Sydney Angler.

This post has been edited by nimrod: Nov 2 2011, 02:07 PM

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Fed
post Nov 2 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #6

*Mr Shiny Head*

Fishraider Frank, they're just strange.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Nov 3 2011, 02:22 PM
Post #7

*Mr Shiny Head*

Some people should not be allowed to play with tools.
Re: Steering becam hard on 92 140 evinrude

I ran into a little issue. I pulled the old omc steering cable out, but i also pulled out the tilt tube i did not know it holds the motor, at first the motor did not even move. I came back to check on the boat and found the motor touching the ground and i noticed the brackets in which tilt tube goes, shifted back, so motor was just held by hydraulic lift in center. With help i placed the motor back in place and put the tilt tube back. Did i damage anything? i check the lift, by pulling the motor up and down many times seems to work as before.

Spencer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Nov 3 2011, 02:32 PM
Post #8

Marlin

This is something that could easily happen.
I once had to remove the pinot tube to get the old morse cable out it had stuck that hard.

Still have the remains down the back somewhere, had to buy a new pinot tube.

This post has been edited by nimrod: Nov 3 2011, 02:33 PM

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
kkw
post Nov 3 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #9

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (Fed @ Nov 3 2011, 08:45 AM) *

Yeah, and they wonder why there is so little activity on the site. Actually, Fishraider seems to have the most, at present. SFF has died in the past few months. Lucky to get a post per week. Fang Aus - well, let's not go there. A post per month and if it wasn't for Frank it would be a post per 6 months. Polyboats, same three guys posting. FishnTreks, two or three guys post. Same here - only a few loyal members posting.
What's the fishing world coming to laugh.gif poke.gif

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Nov 3 2011, 03:57 PM
Post #10

Marlin

QUOTE (kkw @ Nov 4 2011, 10:18 AM) *
Yeah, and they wonder why there is so little activity on the site. Actually, Fishraider seems to have the most, at present. SFF has died in the past few months. Lucky to get a post per week. Fang Aus - well, let's not go there. A post per month and if it wasn't for Frank it would be a post per 6 months. Polyboats, same three guys posting. FishnTreks, two or three guys post. Same here - only a few loyal members posting.
What's the fishing world coming to laugh.gif poke.gif

When we first formed Fishnet 1995 ( then a different name ) we were the first to have a fishing forum in Australia, then came Ozfish and shortly after Sportsfish, basically we had the fishing sites of OZ pretty well wrapped up, and we had many many members and was growing at a pace we couldn't keep up. Then as more and more people started to devepop the skills to start their own forums, more and more sites were developed till lately every second net fisho has their own site with a few loyal members, there are literally hundreds of fishing sites going at the moment and many of them boast thousands of members, but there is only a hand full that has daily input with more than a couple of members.
95% of the sites are only forums, with the 5% left true web fishing sites with more to offer then just a forum.
Stats show that since 2002 when Fishnet had a major meltdown and we all had to re join the average daily post count still stands at 58 posts per day and that's average for 9 years,, but repidly decling these days and would only be at about 100-150 posts per week, so the average would be dropping every week.

I think you mean FANGNSW,, FANGOZ is still getting more then 1 post per day,,,,,Just

This post has been edited by nimrod: Nov 3 2011, 04:09 PM

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Nov 5 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #11

Twoeyesea

Member No.: 1,659

Re: The slow death of forums...

Nothing to do with the sites... social media, (which this is) has shifted in the last 4-5 years with Facebook and Twitter etc... There are some fishing pages on these sites as well... I dont frequent them though... I only post here and read over at SFF and read jumpy stirring up fishnet... hysterical.gif

Jumpy's ideas of streaming his fishing trips live was a great idea that has missed the boat (so to speak) ...smile.gif But i can take a photo on my phone and send it straight to Facebook and get 30 comments before i get off the water...
Its a lot easier than getting home f*cked and typing out a report and down loaded pics etc..

You've heard it here first... It will only be us on here getting a few extra mates along the way to keep in touch and share a little info... The world has moved ahed to quickly to turn these sites into massive concerns..

BTW, i like it like this...

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
Fed
post Nov 15 2011, 09:59 PM
Post #12

*Mr Shiny Head*

Shouldn't poke fun at people who ask questions but this is classic and he does make out he's a boat person.
Playing with my boat whilst parked in the street recently (as you do) I noticed a significant difference between the bearing shown on my GPS and the compass.

Could not work out what was causing the compass difference, turned offf all electrics, no difference, in any case the compass is mounted well away from any wiring so should not be a problem.

Been thinking about this ever since and the only thing that I can think off is that the boat is parked under overhead power cables. (Normal street cabling and Foxtell etc).

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Mystery!

Cheers

I know another bloke who reckons the wind blows the GPS signals away because he was driving down the freeway on a windy day & his car GPS was showing his car was running parallel but off to the side of the road.

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post Nov 15 2011, 10:26 PM
Post #13

I hear that titanium can screw up a compass bearing. Did you offer any suggestions as to the problem/fix?
Have you decided to get rid of all your fishing gear?

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Nov 16 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #14

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Nov 6 2011, 02:56 PM) *
Re: The slow death of forums...

Nothing to do with the sites... social media, (which this is) has shifted in the last 4-5 years with Facebook and Twitter etc... There are some fishing pages on these sites as well... I dont frequent them though... I only post here and read over at SFF and read jumpy stirring up fishnet... hysterical.gif

Jumpy's ideas of streaming his fishing trips live was a great idea that has missed the boat (so to speak) ...smile.gif But i can take a photo on my phone and send it straight to Facebook and get 30 comments before i get off the water...
Its a lot easier than getting home f*cked and typing out a report and down loaded pics etc..

You've heard it here first... It will only be us on here getting a few extra mates along the way to keep in touch and share a little info... The world has moved ahed to quickly to turn these sites into massive concerns..

BTW, i like it like this...

Thats a really good point Bee's.....

So many people bag out Facebook, and I agree in some ways with some of the crap that goes on, but as a way of keeping in touch with friends and sharing media it is unreal! especially with friends wo dont live close. I keep in touch with mates all over australia and feel like i seen em yesterday...

So Does anyone on here have a Facebook Account??? If so we should all link up...
I already run a page on FB for a 4x4/Camping Group im involved in. Would be very easy to setup a page for FOS too.. It may steal activity from this site though which is not what we want.

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Nov 16 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #15

Twoeyesea

Member No.: 1,659

QUOTE (Rumpus @ Nov 16 2011, 07:01 PM) *
Thats a really good point Bee's.....

So many people bag out Facebook, and I agree in some ways with some of the crap that goes on, but as a way of keeping in touch with friends and sharing media it is unreal! especially with friends wo dont live close. I keep in touch with mates all over australia and feel like i seen em yesterday...

So Does anyone on here have a Facebook Account??? If so we should all link up...
I already run a page on FB for a 4x4/Camping Group im involved in. Would be very easy to setup a page for FOS too.. It may steal activity from this site though which is not what we want.

Yeah, I'm on there... Bafoo is as well. Dont do a FOS page mate. It will kill this site. Look me up, I have done a Taylors Aluminium one as well... Already picked up some work from it..

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Nov 18 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #16

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000996455067

Might be an easier way to organize a meet smile.gif

+Quote Post
kkw
post Nov 19 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #17

Is it going to be a meet for FOS members or Facebook members? I'm not on facebook and will not be. Procrastination. There will not be a get together this year, I predict.

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Nov 19 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #18

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

FOS memebers but if there was any changes or anything sending people inboxes on facebook would be a great idea, only problem like you pointed out is some people don't have facebook

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Nov 19 2011, 04:15 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

FOS memebers but if there was any changes or anything sending people inboxes on facebook would be a great idea

Cant see the logic behind that nor do i want to

Since it's supposed 2b a fos thing why go to facebook ?

Personally i refuse to have anything to do with facebook or twittertops laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Nov 19 2011, 04:30 AM
Post #20

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

not saying that facebook is the way.. but it sure is a easier way to stay in touch with people.....

if yas wanna do a chrissy gig in early jan at my place at sanctuary point then sweet,,,, can do that!

then we can all go for a fish in the bay or basin depending on weather,,

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th August 2024 - 07:43 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates