IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) The Gallery Links Link Exchange Boat ramps

If you wish to Help Oz man Pay for the site
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Thoughts On Expending This Great Site, my thoughts on expending this great site
hustler57
post Jul 10 2007, 05:06 PM
Post #1

*LaVistaBaby*

Group: Members

Member No.: 22

hey fellow fishos,

Its seems that we all agree on 1 thing and that is that we all wanna expend this site and show the world just how great this place really is and that every person who is a member here and every person who joins as a member has something to offer to this great site,

while i do not know of the daily expenses of running this site are , i do know how to run a successfull business as i have done so many times in the past, as im sure many members here as done also ,

i trully believe that to increase the membership of this site is thru advertising, i think we should look at getting stickers made up to put on our boats,

from where i see it , a fisho would not really come home from fishing and do a google or yahoo search for a forum because he or she wants to join one, and lets face the facts there are many other forums out there , hence we should look at them as competition,

i believe that if a fisho is sitting in there boat fishing and they see another boat cruise past or if they cruise past another boat ad lets face it we all check out other boats, if they see a boat with a sticker on the side that reads FISHING-OZ-STYLE.COM.AU or something of that way. they will remember that and hence when they return home they will check out the site to see what FISHING-OZ-STYLE.COM.AU is and then they can decide if they wanna join or not,

i believe that 2 decent sized stickers for us to put on the side of our boats would not break our budget, i for 1 would be happy to pay for a sticker to go on the side of my boat to advertise this great site, the people who we want to attract to this site are the mums and dads and guys and girls who are out there fishing the water ways , what better way for us to all give something back to this site then by advertising on our boats the adress of this site and show that we us fishing oz style members that we are proud to be members of this site,

if we as members can not show that we are proud to be a member of this site , then how can we show other fishos that they should be a member as well,

another way to also look at advertising is as some of you may be aware that there is a fishing talk back show on the radio each saturday and sunday morning from 4 am on a certain am radio station, and i listen in every sat and sun and they often as the public to call in and give out fishing information and fishing reports, why dont we contach them and provide them with fishing reports on the basis that we can link our website to theres and vice versa. and get them involved and get them to be a member of this great site.

any way fellow fishos lets all put our minds together and show the world that a great fishing community is not far away .

as always

tight lines

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 10 2007, 05:17 PM
Post #2

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Agree on the sticker's mate, but we might need more here to keep people, at the moment we have a handful of frequent members. Ill pay for a few stickers for my (dads!) boat and my ute.

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 10 2007, 05:30 PM
Post #3

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

hey hustler. we will all put our reports on here, and every sat/sun you can call up and give the:

FISHING OZ STYLE Weekly Report:
This Week, A jumpas Goodarus was spotted on forshore avenue, possibly spawning [smile.gif]
And anything else that we have posted?

As long as they let us put our name in there?

Possibly we could compile the reports and email them in? We have some accredited people on our site
who are known around the traps so they know we are not all a bunch of mugs... like myself ;)

+Quote Post
poly
post Jul 10 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #4

the yack man

Member No.: 4

your on mate i will take 2 large ones for the goat and 2 smaller ones for the 4BY biggrin.gif B) biggrin.gif B)

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Jul 10 2007, 10:26 PM
Post #5

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

ok fellow fishos , as soon as i get the ok from admin on this site i will contact the radio station and try to organise something with them,

also if any 1 can come up with some ideas of how the sticers should look and what size we want them to be , i will take some ideas of styles and what size we want to a few places and get some prices, just need the ok from management of this site and styles and size of the stickers,

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 11 2007, 04:19 AM
Post #6

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Probally not a bad idea hustler the stickers BUT for them to work you really need the boat to be on the water for peeps to see & it would help if you return to the ramp with a decent haul of fish to arouse peeps interest.

You also have to remember not all fisho's own or know how to use a computer either & I've been around on the net long enough to know only a very small minority of peeps actually even post, they'll visit look & say nothing.

I'm currently redoing up my little boat & it will be getting a new paint job as well I never had a name on it prior & decided to name it this time around it will be called

Jumpus'n

After my adopted user name I'll add Fishing-oz-style under it & see what sort of response I get.

As far as attracting new members etc you have to remember it's winter peeps shut down from fishing & boating this time of the year they dont know any better cause this is my favourite time of year to fish & will be doing so as soon as the Goats finished

ps] moving this thread to appropriate forum

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jul 11 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #7

The Guru

Group: Root Admin

Member No.: 1

Stickers I like the idea , but they would need to be something that stands out. Maybe a competition on the forum would bring some life to both. Could even put it up at MM.

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jul 11 2007, 11:14 PM
Post #8

the yack man

QUOTE (oz man @ Jul 12 2007, 04:26 PM) *
Stickers I like the idea , but they would need to be something that stands out. Maybe a competition on the forum would bring some life to both. Could even put it up at MM.
life begins at, fishing oz style.com.info

This post has been edited by poly: Jul 12 2007, 10:24 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jul 11 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #9

the yack man

so you wont to go fishing, fishing-oz-style.com.info
is this what u have in mind oz

This post has been edited by poly: Jul 12 2007, 10:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Jul 11 2007, 11:22 PM
Post #10

the yack man

blood on your rod tell us about it at fishing-oz-style.com.info

This post has been edited by poly: Jul 12 2007, 10:21 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 11 2007, 11:54 PM
Post #11

His Eminance

I've been on the PM wagon with hustler *La Vista Baby* tongue.gif & told him that I thought the stickers would be better stuck on the trailers than on the boat

Reason being trailers are parked & people will see the sticker unlike on the boats your trailer is @ the ramp car park & anyone walking by will see it.

What I'll be doing is making my own as a test out there's a reflective material that I've got so sticker will also serve as a safety feature of a night time any light whatso ever hits it, it will glow

Here's an example of what I'm talking about buggered if I was going to pay Yamaha $600 for stickers so I made them myself

--------------------

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jul 12 2007, 02:07 AM
Post #12

The Guru

But we ain't .com.au we are .info as the other is like $70aud per year to register alone and .info was only $10.00 aud

but I like the idea see what you can catch at www.Fishing-oz-style.info

--------------------

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jul 12 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #13

The Guru

Have just found a new domain provider can get .com.au fo $38.00 for 2 years

http://www.cheapdomains.com.au/domain_names/index.html

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prawnstar
post Jul 12 2007, 02:27 PM
Post #14

Tiddler

Member No.: 156

Hello

Stickers are ok but my dad thinks it might be putting the horse in front of the cart.
Stickers are a more feel good thing for the person with the sticker but it all helps its part of the over all marketing plane.
He said a good no cost way to promote the site would be to have every active member send an invitation to everybody in there address book even if they don’t like fishing they might know somebody that does or they might like cooking fish or jokes etc so beef up the non fishing stuff as well as the fishing things to create interest and ask every person they send it to if they could please help and send the invitation to the site to every body in there address book even if they don’t like fishing. Like a chain letter dad has been in media sales and marketing for over 15 years if that count thanks.

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Jul 12 2007, 07:13 PM
Post #15

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

Hey Prawnstar, It sounds like your Dad is a very worldy smart man I hope that you are just like Him.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jul 12 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #16

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

How about....

We're all at Fishing-Oz-Style.info...so where the bloody hell are you?

laugh.gif tongue.gif

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Jul 12 2007, 10:19 PM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 13 2007, 02:47 AM
Post #17

His Eminance

QUOTE (Prawnstar @ Jul 13 2007, 08:17 AM) *
Hello

Stickers are ok but my dad thinks it might be putting the horse in front of the cart.
Stickers are a more feel good thing for the person with the sticker but it all helps its part of the over all marketing plane.
He said a good no cost way to promote the site would be to have every active member send an invitation to everybody in there address book even if they don’t like fishing they might know somebody that does or they might like cooking fish or jokes etc so beef up the non fishing stuff as well as the fishing things to create interest and ask every person they send it to if they could please help and send the invitation to the site to every body in there address book even if they don’t like fishing. Like a chain letter dad has been in media sales and marketing for over 15 years if that count thanks.

Prawnstar ! we already have that option on this site

Whoops just as well that I checked its gone

Hey Oz what happened to it ???

I Still think all you guys are missing the key factor which is only a small minority of people ever bother to post & I think we do very well here for the small group that we are, just have a look @ the more established sites SF for example @ any given time if you look @ their stats there's up to 150 people logged in viewing the site & none of them post just like here it's only the regulars who post & the same goes with any site on the web & I'm not just talking about fishing forums either.

My personal view & I've said it time & time again & I'm sticking to it is that you need Threads of interest to incite new members to post.
These threads can be a varioty of topics even asking what you may think is a silly question will get people posting.

You all have to remember the majority of guests here & on any other board are noobs to fishing most likely looking for some info of sorts the more threads we have the more people will visit & hopefully stay & post.

Which brings me to another good point I know I fart arse around with my threads calling Kingfish KUNG FU FUSH etc etc guess I'll have to be a bit more wary of this when naming a thread reason being nobody types in KUNG FU FUSH into their search engine when searching for info.

Here's a good example for you's to be able to relate to type Jumpus GooDarus into your seach engines & watch what comes up it will bring you back to this site & my posts back @ SF.

In other words choice your thread titles with the thought that a key word will attract visitors google or yahoo will pick up on them & list them in your search.

Like I've already said time & time again we can do everything to attract new members but it's another thing getting them to post hustler thinks advertising is the way to go ?

Well I dont I had & ran a buisness for 12 years got conned into advertising one year & what a waste of money that was all I got was people ringing wasting my time asking for a price well I never advertised again after that.

Again it all falls down to what you're trying to sell @ present we have very little & the best option is basically what Prawnstar has suggested there's a better chance someone will post if they already know someone here rather than trying to get someone posting who has just stumbled across the site via a search.

The Pyramid is a proven technique but if you really think advertising is the way to go then forget about the Telephone or television there's a much better way to go

Just TellaWomen about this site laugh.gif laugh.gif

Whoops I better do the Harold Holt in case any women read this

--------------------

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jul 13 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #18

The Guru

Whoops and mod I misssed will fix.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jul 13 2007, 01:24 PM
Post #19

The Guru

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Jul 13 2007, 04:08 PM) *
How about....

We're all at Fishing-Oz-Style.info...so where the bloody hell are you?

laugh.gif tongue.gif

I like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
oz man
post Jul 14 2007, 10:13 PM
Post #20

The Guru

QUOTE (oz man @ Jul 14 2007, 07:13 AM) *
Whoops and mod I misssed will fix.

All fixed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2024 - 02:33 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates