Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gp 1st Afternoon
Jumpus GooDarus
post Mar 28 2008, 02:20 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well peeps I recieved a ph call last tuesday night from Dave brurry irriot rang around 10 pm he was all exited after seeing Arnie Dogs report on the jewgong.

Here's me thinking he wanted to fush the bay ?? No not Dave said he had a stiffy & wanted to go down to GP to which I initially said CHOOKS

I haven't really fushed @ all in the last couple of months so the wittle boat hadn't been out since then told Dave I needed a few hrs in the morn to sort out gear & the boat .

He was supposed to have rung me after 8 am to get me out of bed , so what does the bastard do ???

Rings me @ 6.30 am before the rooster started crowing dry.gif just because he wet the bed didn't mean I had to get up that early.

Anyways peeps picked him up enroute & we arrived @ GP around 1 pm I was stuffed with very wittle sleep the night B4 & wasn't in the mood to drive home that night so we booked into a cabin & went out for a fush.

It's a funny place to fish @ Greenwell fish are never where you left them biting the previous trip & it took us most of the arvo to locate them in the meantime all we were picking up were flathead with the odd bream in between & since Dave wont use a spin outfit he lost out on the flathead so it was all the Jumpus show till we finally anchored up.

Wind was blowing it's arse off which made it hard to use the lecky but 6 flathead were caught on that arvo mind you we didn't find any good pockets of them & it was dribs & drabs from everywhere.

A good producer in past trips saw prob the smallest flathead this time & dave got a few throw back brims 25 cm jobs

Yes peeps I'm refering to The Great Wall of Greenwell ! legend has it that the locals built it to keep the wabbits out but this time it also kept the fishy's out as well

Finally we anchor with the turn of the tide an hr or so away we had a couple of bait rods out & Jumpus was also trying to SP up a Jewgong when his 3kg bait rod goes off & it was screaming I put the spin rod down got dave to hoist up the anchor cause whatever it was was emptying my spool @ a great rate of knots.

Hoping it was a jewgong & when we finally caught up with it saw it 4 wot it really was a bloody Ray with over 3ft of wing span no way I could lift it so just grabed the mainline & busted it off.

Re anchored & the competion between Jumpus & CATCH22 was furious

Jumpus would catch a Brim

CATCH22 would catch a Brim Dave is the only bloke I know who fish's with his mouth full laugh.gif

CATCH22 would catch a Toad laugh.gif

Seriously though peeps Jumpus was busy with the spin gear & wasn't paying a great deal attention to the bait rod

Lost most of the pics taken cause Dave didn't press hard enough on the button I'd droped the camera a few weeks earlier which makes it hard to take pics.

One one the pics is from day 2 & allthough we did well on the brims that arvo it wasn't till the lull of the tide when sinkers came off & baits were floaters that we cleaned up think Daves brim was best of that session & went 34 cm's it's one of the lost pics but have no fear Jumpus turned it on the next day.

We released alot of fush that day & kept 6 flathead & 6 brims

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Mar 28 2008, 02:29 AM
Post #2

*Bunyip Man*

Group: Donator

Member No.: 2,565

lol that piccie of dave with the monster brim and his mouth full is priceless, hahaha

--------------------
Flying Dutchman.. soon to be fishing my way around Oz. Check http://www.mytb.org/MartinNL for my blog and if you think I'm coming near where you live, let me know!

+Quote Post
jasonb
post Mar 28 2008, 04:15 AM
Post #3

the wizz kid

Group: Members

Member No.: 9

in the bottom piccie ,which one is the toad ahahaaaahhaa

--------------------
allways in the shit ,its just the depth that varies

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Mar 28 2008, 05:16 AM
Post #4

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

Its funny how you lost my pics of the larger kept fish but had the ones of the small buggers ....some thing fishy jumpy...........next time ill take my camera for every time jumpy catches a fish he wonts a shot but when i catch a good size fish the camera is tucked away ..........but as he said i caught 34cm bream catch of the day and a 50cm flathead ...but jumpy wont show you them oh no .........we had a good time and a laugh believe it or not besides the snoring and the farting getting up dueing the night and use the toilet and just to let me know jump flushes and wakes me up 3 times by the time i got home i was caktas............but id do it again.........thanks mate for a good 2 days .........

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Mar 28 2008, 05:21 AM
Post #5

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

CATCH22 would catch a Brim

CATCH22 would catch a Toad

laugh.giflaugh.gif like jason said i do not know what one is the toad hahahaha

onya you 2 at least you out there and caught heeps of fish ... i have not caught anything legal in slatwater in ages ...............

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Mar 28 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #6

His Eminance

QUOTE (CATCH22 @ Mar 29 2008, 12:16 AM) *
Its funny how you lost my pics of the larger kept fish but had the ones of the small buggers ....some thing fishy jumpy...........next time ill take my camera for every time jumpy catches a fish he wonts a shot but when i catch a good size fish the camera is tucked away ..........but as he said i caught 34cm bream catch of the day and a 50cm flathead ...but jumpy wont show you them oh no .........we had a good time and a laugh believe it or not besides the snoring and the farting getting up dueing the night and use the toilet and just to let me know jump flushes and wakes me up 3 times by the time i got home i was caktas............but id do it again.........thanks mate for a good 2 days .........

I even asked you about the the camera on 2 occasions whether you were actually taking pics out of all those pics lucky to have a dozen decent ones.

Shame about the lighting shots none of them were caught on camera

--------------------

+Quote Post
Majed
post Mar 28 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #7

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Well done guys. Seems like a couple of enjoyable days... smile.gif

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
poly
post Mar 29 2008, 01:01 AM
Post #8

the yack man

Member No.: 4

looks like i will have to get down to G.P. real soon thats if u left some fish for me, hysterical.gif
well dune mate biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
It'l Do
post Mar 29 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #9

*Tooth Fairy*

Member No.: 2,553

QUOTE (CATCH22 @ Mar 29 2008, 12:16 AM) *
.........we had a good time and a laugh believe it or not besides the snoring and the farting getting up dueing the night and use the toilet and just to let me know jump flushes and wakes me up 3 times by the time i got home i was caktas............but id do it again.........thanks mate for a good 2 days .........

Sound like you had a productive and good time as well.

Dave, RETALIATE, drink heaps of the amber liquid before going to bed. That way you can wake Jumpy up each time by telling him you have to go to the loo, turn the cabin light by mistake, bang down (drop/slam) the toliet seat and say sorry MATE. hysterical.gif
I bet Jumpy would sleep through the lot.

--------------------
Don't tell anybody but my name is Fushin Freddie
I don't exaggerate...I just remember BIG!

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Mar 30 2008, 12:09 AM
Post #10

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

yes im sure he would it takes me 30 minutes to wake him up before 10 am .....heavy sleeper ....true fact

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Apr 7 2008, 06:44 AM
Post #11

*The Dog Master*

Member No.: 17

You were fishing close to where the Big silver ones have been hanging lately but not close enough my good friends. Some nice fish on live yakkas have been coming out of spot "J" not spot"X" on the tide change in the dark but it is bloody cold. here will be some real HOWLERS on the move but it will take time on the water and a good sounder to hunt them down. wink_smile.gif wink_smile.gif
JAT

This post has been edited by Arnie Dog: Apr 7 2008, 06:46 AM

--------------------

The George Street Shuffle

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 7 2008, 03:03 PM
Post #12

His Eminance

Not easy fishing with Dave @ times Arnie unless you want to be inconsiderate

He wont fish lures & only fish's one way so it makes it very hard to chase & target the big silver fish so I have to comprimise

Besides getting onto the bream was good fun & the 1st time in ages I'd gotten onto them in decent size & no's for a long time down @ GP

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 7 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #13

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

opps

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Apr 7 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #14

*The Dog Master*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 8 2008, 09:03 AM) *
Not easy fishing with Dave @ times Arnie unless you want to be inconsiderate

He wont fish lures & only fish's one way so it makes it very hard to chase & target the big silver fish so I have to comprimise

Besides getting onto the bream was good fun & the 1st time in ages I'd gotten onto them in decent size & no's for a long time down @ GP

You should call in for a coffee when you are down Dave told me on Sunday when him and Ness called in

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 7 2008, 05:48 PM
Post #15

His Eminance

Arnie we were stuffed last trip

Makes it very hard when you only makes plans to be down there for the day & you fish till dark that's why we booked in for the night.

Trip B4 when we caught up was a bit different as it was blowing it's arse off & kk /myself thought we'd look up the parrot parrots.gif after we saw the sleepy sign on your door laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Apr 7 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #16

*The Dog Master*

You got that wrong I am The Dog Who Don't Sleep Dog05.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post Apr 7 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #17

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Got to stick up for Slim, here. biggrin.gif The Dog may not have been asleep, but his Mrs was... Hairy Arnie was having a snooze as well.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 7 2008, 09:47 PM
Post #18

His Eminance

Yes kk & if I recall you made a run for it

Cause you thought there was a bear in the house untill I told you it was Arnie sleeping laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post Apr 7 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #19

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

I was bacxk in the Navara, with the doors locked, before he had finished saying WOOOOF

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2024 - 01:05 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates