Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alex
post Apr 13 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #22

Snapper

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,587

Jumpus GooDarus well im finally here lol after braving the conditions on sunday and yes u guessed it JEW FISHING pestered me to go out and i accepted i did ur trick and left the ramp at about 9 and by 10 i was wishing i haddent !!!! neway we will get him at the club..

as for saturday it was chaos wherever you looked there were at least 2 striped marlin dancing but the best was watching them light up and come in on the lures like fighter jets !!!

it was a awsome team effort and for an old bugger u go alright i was pretty worried at the end aswell when he came to the boat he wasnt in good shape but 5 min swim bit of water through the gils and away it went. coasting with the boat for 2 minutes as we motored of then with 2 kicks of its tail was off into the deep blue.....

--------------------
Of all marlin species the pacific blue is KING. Nothing runs as fast jumps as high or goes totally ballistic like a blue.

Its not that you find A BLUE - A BLUE finds you

+Quote Post
The Chop
post Apr 14 2008, 12:48 AM
Post #23

Tiddler

Member No.: 44

Hi Angelo Mate i told Jim if you don't pay the Fish Gods You catch Sh#t ? Congrats on the Fish mate Looks around 80 to 90 Kg great fun we where on on Saturday at as well and tagged a 100Kg Striped and dropped anther one .

Regards Chop

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Apr 13 2008, 07:54 PM) *
Nice work there Jumpy! Did you land the fish or was it a combined effort? What happened to the other two? What happened! I wanna full report, leaving out no detail. biggrin.gif super.gif :thumbs_up: worship1.gif clapping hands.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 14 2008, 01:27 AM
Post #24

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Alex !

Dont you start up with that Dufeeshing again I'm still kacking myself over that one hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

G'Day Mark !

Ran into Geoff & Charlie down @ the motor boat club yesterday & I gather you were on Spindrift on Sat ???????????????????????

Geoff said you's nailed one & I bet I know when we were about 2 miles inside you's & I said to the boys the boat outside us was backing down onto a fish would've been around 3 pm

Anyways I've got the bugg now & really enjoyed the last 2 trips out

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
ocsawdust
post Apr 14 2008, 03:01 PM
Post #25

Bream

Member No.: 2,561

Nice fish!

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Apr 14 2008, 04:22 PM
Post #26

*Bunyip Man*

Group: Donator

Member No.: 2,565

Hey Alex, welcome to the site mate!

Was good to by out with you saturday and if you think you had it bad, you didn't have to drive home with the old bloke like I did, hahahaha

dufeeshing will be stuck in my head for a while I'm afraid biggrin.gif

--------------------
Flying Dutchman.. soon to be fishing my way around Oz. Check http://www.mytb.org/MartinNL for my blog and if you think I'm coming near where you live, let me know!

+Quote Post
The Chop
post Apr 14 2008, 11:38 PM
Post #27

Tiddler

Member No.: 44

Yep that was us

QUOTE (The Chop @ Apr 14 2008, 06:48 PM) *
Hi Angelo Mate i told Jim if you don't pay the Fish Gods You catch Sh#t ? Congrats on the Fish mate Looks around 80 to 90 Kg great fun we where on on Saturday at as well and tagged a 100Kg Striped and dropped anther one .

Regards Chop

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 15 2008, 12:06 AM
Post #28

His Eminance

Just gonna have to wait for the next good day weatherwise I've been blessed last 2 trips.

Dont worry I emptied Jimbooky's pockets & threw his money overboard laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just about to toss his credit card over as well but he said god dosen't take credit cards laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
It'l Do
post Apr 15 2008, 04:46 PM
Post #29

*Tooth Fairy*

Member No.: 2,553

To save me researching this, I assume marlin fishing is seasonal.
Are they heading north to the warmer waters?
If so what is the season for marlin fishing?

What fish do you target in the colder months?

--------------------
Don't tell anybody but my name is Fushin Freddie
I don't exaggerate...I just remember BIG!

+Quote Post
MartinF
post Apr 15 2008, 05:28 PM
Post #30

*Bunyip Man*

Member No.: 2,565

I haven't suddenly become an expert on marlin fishing but I did read up on them a bit and as expected, Marlin like the warmer water which I guess is also what limits their season down here.

Of the three species you get in Oz waters (black, blue and striped), the striped are the least fussy and will still be around in waters of 22C, which is where we caught ours as well. Blues like water around 24C and again this seems consistent with the hookups. Didn't say anything about blacks but I guess they like warmer water still since they're not really caught that much down here.

I believe Jim said we're just about at the end of the marlin season here now, with it running from about December until now.. not any hard and fast rules about that of course but I reckon the water temperature would have most to with that. Jumpus and I were looking at the see water temperatures before we left and although they were a few days old when we went out, it did show swirls of warmer water coming into the offshore area around Sydney which seemed to bring the billies on the bite.

Again, just repeating what I read, but it does seem to be consistent with the reports at sea and our own findings, I'm sure Jumpy can give some more info from his own experience.

--------------------
Flying Dutchman.. soon to be fishing my way around Oz. Check http://www.mytb.org/MartinNL for my blog and if you think I'm coming near where you live, let me know!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 15 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #31

His Eminance

Are they heading north to the warmer waters?

Thats what they say

But I dont think temp plays as big a role as food supply guess the currents move the baitfish but I've still nailed Marlins in the middle of winter with surface temp down as low as 17 degree's.

Fish are here all year around just not in no's

When the cold westerlies start blowing I use them as a indicator that it's YFT time then around october you can expect the Mako run if you're into shark fishing.

Having said that seasons aren't as predictable as they used to be cause the start of May was big YFT time on the peak

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 17 2008, 01:28 AM
Post #32

His Eminance

A 327 kg Blue was weighed in last weekend as well guys if you's hadn't heard

Velly nice fish shame it got killed

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd July 2024 - 01:07 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates