> Go Grotto, long winded version
Smelly
post Jul 23 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #1

*GasMask*

Group: Members

Member No.: 26

G'Day all long time no see,
Have been busy bmoving house & my puter is playing up since packing it away,so i hav to use one at work,so once again NO PICS mad.gif
So i'll just use enough words so ya feel like ya there laugh.gif .

My mates been telling me about his Drummer captures,9 piggy's the other day,the best ones going 3kgs.I've gotta tell ya i loove everything about pigs the fight te feed the lot,top fish.
Anyway i had already organised a trip with Richard,a guy from work and when Mark told me it was too rough on the spinn'n ledge at Noth head so i decided to take Richard to a place my bro and i had been go'n to for Yonks,Grotto Point.It's a major hike to the point,but last time there i got a good Salmon and a stack of Trevally,which i was hoping to get onto again along with afew Pigs,maybe?
After speaking to a coupla other mates(1 who'd slaved heaps hard to help me move,thanx) we had our awsesome foursome for the trip which was happening on Sunday 22nd.Al,Dave and i were to meet Richard at the spit around 5-6am.
I've gotta mention our stop at Macca's at around 5;30am,cant remember store location buuut it was like some 3d world country,Crap eveywhere,food,rubbish,drinks u name it.Was funny to see a bloke gerny'ing out front with crap all round him.We went in dodging crap i mean even inside rubbish & food on tables ice cream on the floor.I made my order and when i got my food i seen behind the counter,Food & rubbish all over the joint.That's when i opened up.'mate,did youse have a food fight last night' 'Naah why' he says.'the shit everywhere' i said.He reply's with 'naah it's alright the cleaners will be herre in a minute'.I said 'so what ya just throw shit on the floor then,mate you can't work like that' 'why' he ask's? "because your working with food' i yelled,before leaving majorly disgusted.
Back to the fsh'n,we got to the spit to find the place deserted,so we headed to Gotto without Richard.We got down to the rock and started fish'n bout 6:30 smile.gif .The wheather looked a bit foul but with a hint of clearing up....maybe.My first fish was fugly look'n little Whirrah who done a double sommesault with backflip on his return to the water :o .Anyway just as the burley kicked in & we were gett'n some good bites my phone rang.It was Richard,anyway after hiking out i went and got him,he also had his Bro,Minh with him,who BTW had a pair of thongs on...mmmmmneared Grotto i asked wetyher.On my way out i took the wrong track and found an easier way out and more importantly back out!BUUUT on the way back in i took another wrong track and had to double back...DOH mad.gif
On the way back iwas thinking i'm gonna get a reward for this,maybe a nice Big Pig,although the wheather just was'nt foul enough i thought.As we got near Grotto i seen the boys saying they had a fish.I ran to the bucket and found a Tailor and a Trevally,you beauty.I quickly rigged up and was on the point and hooked up solid to a rampaging Trevally in no time.No Drummer but it was a solid Trevor near a pb for me,i was stoked my Plan was falling into place.Next on the hookup was Minh,with another Treva.I had no sooner landed this fish for him then Rich was on,but it was only a small Tailor,the first of many.Then finaly Richard got a good hookup,he was using a float so i was hoping for another Trevor or maybe a Sambo.Could you imagine the surprize on my face when i brought a big Bream up to the surface on the leader :o .Not a huge fish but a good 28-30cm Black Bream on his way back up river,BTW Breams were also on the target list,having read they'll be making their way back up rivers.
intermission:go for break here.... OI Wake up
So now we had a good assortment of fish bleeding in a pool,i was happy with that.I could have easily left satisfied,but i had another Tevor to catch and Dave was saving the best for last.As i was changing rig's Dave yelled 'i'm on,i'm on'.The fish was giving him heaps of curry and i was starting to think Pig,when i seen a flash of silver out wide.When Dave got it in closer it looked like a good size Snapper,i waited for the swell to lift it on the ledge b4 the hook came out and left what looked to b a good Snapper laying on the ledge,waiting for the next swell to set him free,hell he just needed to give 1 just 1 slight kick and he would have been free.I got on the ledge and grabbed it( the whole time i had the guys watching my back).I was a bit stunned when i seen what he'd caught,having never seen one as big.Turned out to be a 35cm forklength Tarwhine Bream.This fish was awesome looking,had a head more like a Snapper (juvenile/no lump) and it even had that Pink tinge to it.
After that the next thing brought to the ledge was a Seagull.Same as jumpy's,just looped round the wing,i gently pulled him in b4 trying to grab it,man they can be accurate with that beak,lucky he did'nt get me,and yeah released unharmed.Oh yeah and i also fed a BigBlackCrow about 1/2 a pack of BurgeRings and a pillie.

So there ya go that's about it for our great fish'n trip evryone caught at least 2 fish biggrin.gif

Catchya
SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 23 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #2

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well we caught JACK S... on our last trip but tell you what it was just good to be out there again

@ least you guys caught Sum Ting but tell me did any bloody fall sick after eating that plastic food ??? laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jul 23 2007, 04:59 PM
Post #3

*GasMask*

Yeah, Dave was heaving something shocking and Al had it com'n out the other end,but i was on the rock catching fish,right as,and i aint got a cast iron gut.Just reckon they gave them old stuff after i started to complain laugh.gif

Thats the same with me Jumpy,was just real happy to b fish'n again with some good freinds,the fish were just a bonus

Smelly

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Jul 23 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #4

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

good to see at least some 1 is getting out there and having fun

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
poly
post Jul 23 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #5

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

top read mate, much enjoyed biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 23 2007, 10:31 PM
Post #6

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Never fished sydney habour, which is strange considring i lived at caringbah, just down the road for so long.. Always just used the Hacking..

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jul 24 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #7

*GasMask*

Glad u liked Poly biggrin.gif

Chadd,i've never realy fished the Hacking much,although it does look better than Syd,funny that grass always looks greener on the other side,but i've fished Syd Hrbr & surrounding rivers since i was about 16.I remember chasing Bream crawling through the mangroves,in the upper reaches of Parra river.Now that was smelly country laugh.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 24 2007, 02:50 AM
Post #8

His Eminance

I quite enjoy fishing pt hacking to tell ewe's the truth but only mid week it's a sh*tfight on weekends

There's one spot in Gudjamudja Bay we just hop out o0f the boat & walk the shallows fishing for those 55 cm Wi Ting laugh.gif

STEVE nailed a beauty last summer

Not a big fan of Sydney Habour & haven't fished there maybe 20 years now

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jul 26 2007, 12:02 AM
Post #9

*GasMask*

Well Jumpus if your ever towing that little boat round'ere giv us a yell and i'll show ya some spots.

SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 26 2007, 01:49 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

Ewe live out Woop Woop Smelly out near oz laugh.gif laugh.gif

I dont go that far for my holidays + there's no salt water out that way !

But CATCH22 came around 2day & told me he's just got a big aquarium for his joint & we were talking about what type of fish to put in there he didn't want tropical to much effort.

So he was going to stock the tank up with some of those catchnrelease fish ewe know the ones Google-eyed-good-4-nuttings so I suggested some Little Bass I've been meaning to get a couple for my tank ever since Popeye my pet Yabby Dee Eee Dee died.

So might have to go for a ride up the Nepean reckon 6 sticks of dynamite should land us a few laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jul 26 2007, 04:03 AM
Post #11

*GasMask*

Mate the only thing i've pulled outta there was a 6 foot diamond python,gave the missus a good fright when she picked us up.
I had it wrapped up in a pair of trackies and just plonked it on the floor next to her.She was fine till it started moving laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2024 - 09:55 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates