Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fishing The Bay Today
Fishing oz style > Fishing Reports > Fishing Reports
STEVE.P
hi all, been a while but the bay is starting to come to life a bit,
went out about 9am. it was a top morning, water was like glass , so I thought i would go give the bream a try with surface lures, not a touch i didn't mind as it was good and relaxing day.

I then went totry for some flatties befor the wind came up , and the tide was half way out.
took about half an hr. and a switch to black gold squidges and different size head before I got my first one.
Then they started to come regually kept 8 as I was going to give some to my oldies. some where decent size the bigest was 58cm. and they where fat and strong , good fights.

I then went back across the bay the wind had picked up was going to have a go at the bomie , I first stopped to see If I could get some squid , as I haven't hade calamari for a while,
managed 2 decent size ones .
so I headed for bomie, on the way I saw some birds working so I just had to have a flick, had sp and It got slamed then lost the lure , Tailor I thought OK put on a metal plug and was into them, they went pretty good on light gear. lots of bait fish , they were trying to hide under my boat, this went on for about an hr and a half. I looked at the time and the tide was guna turn so again headed to the bomie when I got there was very slopy and did not whant to sit in it so back to the tailer for some more fun . stayed for a bit longer then I called it a day.

SUMOFISHIN
seems like you had a good day Steve, days like that make it worth while and very enjoyable good on ya.
catchnrelease
Top stuff mate, looks like you had a great day out. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Were there any salmon amongst the tailor?
STEVE.P
no catch but they should roll up soon , as the bait fish move in so will other bigger fish. biggrin.gif
Spudly
good little haul there mate..
xtosea
Nicw work Steve, those Squidola's are making my taste buds water! Damn i love Calamari!
Kamil
Smelly
Well done STEVE,

The rewards for getting out there early i see. ;)

Not like someone else,won't mention any names,he did'nt get as many flaties tongue.gif

Hey Jumpus,looks like you've been out fished laugh.gif

WHAT GIVES??????? :huh:
poly
what a gr8 day u must have had STEVE, it is a fine way to give your self a big shot of relaxasion.
strike me i do need some of that, but till then i will enjoy your posts.

good one mate
Christos
Nice catch and for the report.

Christos
Majed
Nice catch there Steve...haven't been fishing for 2 months now..gee i miss it...
poly
if i dont get to wet a line soon i will go mad, mad i tell ewe.
For those of u how live near the salt water it is at most a short trip to do some real fishing but for blokes like me how live so far from the sea we must content owe selves with catching carp.
Now hear is what i have to put up with, fist i have to find a spot by the lake that is not infested with joggers, rowers, bike riders, walkers, and Sheelers in brief Bikinis are stuff it i am going fishing
Spudly
poly, im even futher than you!!!
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (poly @ Sep 27 2007, 05:43 PM) *
if i dont get to wet a line soon i will go mad, mad i tell ewe.

Whats that poly ! Ewe wet the BED ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.