Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Holden Ute
Fishing oz style > Chat > Gilligan's Island
Spudly
Guys, need your opinions..

I have an Old Holden WB Ute. I have had it for about 3 years i guess now? And it was bought as
a project, as i love the old utes!

Anyway, So far i have put about 10k into the ute and she is close to being finished,

Over the past year she has been neglected and ran out of rego, needs a paint job and
some new things, like carpet, wheels, tyres, a good tune up and well? maybe some new interior panels.

Im not sure what to do with it now.....

Its not worth alot to sell? as its an unfinished project?
I dont want to put alot more money into it?
I also not sure if im ready to part with it, and would like to see it finished and going again.

I can tak it to dads property and put a tarp over it in the shed, but yea,
I just dunno what to do??

Any advice from you older ones who have been down this road before?
Jumpus GooDarus
Get rid of it Chadd Chadd it will only cost you money not well spent.

I've got a little Mercedes 500SL convertable sitting back @ my oldies place I let the rego run out a couple of years back when I got crook, I was going to rebuild it even had peeps knocking on the door wanting to buy it when I moved it out on the street to make way for the refit of my big boat last year.

I told them it was not for sale & know I regret saying that I know what I'm like & could see the rebuild going well over $20 k & if I had to sell it down the track I'd be losing big time so I decided to put a pair of 4 Strokes on the back of the boat instead.
Spudly
Yea, thats what I figure, I should sell it, just gotta find a buyr
SUMOFISHIN
HEED the warning Chad, I have an Iveco van in the yard with a motor half fitted, I have a 94 Diahatsu sedan in the yard that needs rego, I have a 93 Saab in the yard thats sold and going to Melbourne, I have a forty ft Coach in the yard that im doing some more work to at present, I have three boats in the yard 2 of them have had a deposit paid, I have Currently registered and costing a fortune the Bus , the wife's v6 Saab, the youngest Daughter's Barina, my Rodeo which I left at Nowra, the son's Rodeo , a VS Commodore, oh yeah the 99 Prado Snowy on the lawn for sale, and of course I have the 76 Corvette In the shed that I built New in 84 and never finished, I think that there's a few other unfinished projects around the place too, so THINK about it before you REGRET even having it around, and if the opportunity arises get rid of it, I just took a deposit on my 19ft boat Registered on a registered trailer sold it for $7000 I paid $14500 for the motor, do yourself a favour and dont waste any more money. You'll be like me and wish you hadn't.
Smelly
Yep Chad,you have to do it for the love these days,the money's just not in it anymore.BTW is it a tonner or normal ute & is it an 8 or 6,if it is an 8 does it hav a chev or not.

I've got a little Mercedes 500SL convertable sitting back @ my oldies place I let the rego run out a couple of years back when I got crook, I was going to rebuild it even had peeps knocking on the door wanting to buy it when I moved it out on the street to make way for the refit of my big boat last year.

Hey Jumpus,that reminds me of my last Val i fixed up,just finished the respray and was belting peeps away with sticks yelling 'no,no it's not for sale'.Everytime i came outta servo someone would b standing there and i'd just say 'nup,not for sale'But a few years down the track when i wanted to sell it i had nothing but tyre kickers for 6mnths till i got the shits and sent it to me mates Property.

Sumo all that lot and no Val's mentioned,shame,shame,shame.

SMELLY
Fed
One of my kids now owns 2 Valiants,.... I feel sick. :(
Smelly
AAhhh been holding out on me hey FED,
U told me about one of them but not the other.I wanna know details,what year,model,donks and condition??? Let me know if they need parts or good v8 motors built as i have a few contacts for parts and a mate builds the best big block Chrysler motors go'n round,600+hp easily.

SMELLY
kkw
This is the only Valiant I now own. A copy of the one I had for many years smile.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Yep it's just not worth it Smelly paid a small fortune for the merc 15 odd years back it was only a weekend car personally I only averaged about 4,000 klms if that per year in it.

It's not a cheap import but Aust Compliance & if I did it up I'd only be throwing $$$ away unless I hung onto it for another 50 years laugh.gif laugh.gif

The price has dropped out of it's arse on these cars & I figured I'd get much better value buying the 4 strokes as well & Tu Right @ least I was using them & will do again now
poly
RUM take it from someone how has been there the ute is a hole that u will keep throwing your hard earned into so get rid of it.
i would take it up to sumo's second hand yard and do a deal for that new boat of his, i have seen that red rocket of his and it's a butte hysterical.gif
Spudly
yea, ill do a swap with ya sumo!! ;)
SUMOFISHIN
Hey Chad , fair swap I'll give you the wheels off the trailer for the ute and you can have the rest for about $15000 how's that sound.
Spudly
hahaha, what boat is this sumo?
SUMOFISHIN
THE NEW ONE GOZOClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.