Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Slab!
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
Fed
Not quite boating but it's the new resting place for my boat in a couple of weeks time.
poly
not a bad slab did u lay it your self.
P.S. weres the boat
Fed
No I didn't lay it, I got some concrete guys to put it down, just waiting on the carport guys now.
My boat's hiding in the corner at work.
Jumpus GooDarus
Why are you laying Carpet on the concrete slab for Fed ??

Is there something you're not telling us ? laugh.gif
poly
what is she a v sea or viking how about some more shots so we can see how she is set up.
Fed
Talking about the carpet treatment the carport + concrete is worth more than the boat.
I need a reality check.

I'm not a big picture taker Poly but I'll grab some soon and put them up.
It's a fairly standard Viking underpowered with a 70 HP Johnno but it's very economical if I don't flog it too much.
Got an extra seat and storage in the back, live bait tank, electronics etc, just the normal stuff.
Jumpus GooDarus
Hey Fed

I've still got my old 85 hp 2 strokes sitting here from when I repowered the boat to the 4 strokes a few months back
Fed
I thought your 85s were reserved for someone else Jumpus?

I popped my last Johnno it dropped a gudgeon bearing that sent the little rollers right through the rest of the motor causing all sorts of damage.
Other than a slight confidence problem at the moment I'm happy with the replacement motor but one hiccup and I'm repowering for sure.
Jumpus GooDarus
Well that's what you get for doing people favours isn't it ?

Probally could have sold them 20 times since then they're all wrapped up out of sight out of mind 4get I even have them
Better pull my finger out & advertise them
Fed
Ideal for someone repowering a cat.
Jumpus GooDarus
Yep cat or on the back of a mono they used to push my rig @ 32 knots all the accesories are there cintrol box's gauges etc prob 10 years old now but haven't done that mant hrs & most of them were sitting on troll speed 2200 rpm.

Had the Big boat dont 4get & didn't use them for around 4 years
Majed
Nice boat Fed. perfect for fishing....

Heres mine....nothing special, but its perfect for me.... will either re trim the seats or get new swivels or even make box seats with swivels a bit later.
Jumpus GooDarus
Did you lay the new carpet yourself Majed ??

If so think I better start teaching you guys how to buy stuff @ wholesale prices I'm assuming you bought it from a boating place
Majed
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 17 2007, 07:00 AM) *
Did you lay the new carpet yourself Majed ??

If so think I better start teaching you guys how to buy stuff @ wholesale prices I'm assuming you bought it from a boating place

Yes i did lay the carpet. Good or bad job?
I bought it from bias.....
Majed
I've decided to buy swivel pedestals instead of making boxes for bases. Shopping around for them but they are quite expensive. Will have to wait a bit now to save.
Fed
Think about boxes Majed, you can never have enough storage space.
How much do the pedestals cost?
Majed
Pedastels are $140 each. Therefore looking at $280. I con get them cheaper by being patient on ebay for some good deals every now and then
SUMOFISHIN
Hey Majed, don't laugh but I've got a mate that uses milk crates and he pulls one out and puts it in the water for a step so the kids can climb in.
Fed
One thing I will say Majed, you will be amazed how comfortable having seats with backs is.
Jumpus GooDarus
Majed you've only got a small boat so to speak & storage is of great importance

Pedastels layout is a waste of space but if you insist ask STEVE.P for his old Pedastels if they haven't been tossed out.

I made him a new live bait set up & his seats sit on that
Jumpus GooDarus
Getting back to what Fed & Jumpus were saying on the storage issue Majed

I was @ my oldies today & took a pick of that live bait tank I was refering to on STEVE.P's boat I made it up when rebuilding my boat it's made of Alluminiom & the colour is a dead giveaway same as paint as my boat.

As you can see you can still mount a seat on tank & dont know if you ever saw the layout pics of my big boat ???

Storage is not a prob whatsoever I utilised all space to the max including drawer system so as I wouldn't have to cart around big tackle box's
Majed
The reason i am going for pedestals is because i have no idea hot to glass them to the floor....its a messy job too i have heard.
Jumpus GooDarus
Fibreglassing is quite simple & very easy to pick up & only messy if you try doing the whole lot in one go

Go to this thread & look @ 1st pic it shows a fibreglass membrane I just did

http://www.fishing-oz-style.info/forum/ind...opic=73&hl=
Jack Hunter
What about fold out seats. Saves heaps of room and cheaper than Ped`s.
Majed
I currenlt have fold away style seats which don't seem to fold away, they are uncomfortable with no backrest.
Are there seats that fold away with backrests, as i have not seen any?
Jack Hunter
I`am not sure Majed.
I reckon one could use the normal fold back swivell seats and fashion them to fold down, not up.
Just not have the swivell part connected and a support there instead. Something worth fiddiling around with anyway.

Cheers.
Fed
Make your boxes and just screw them to the floor Majed, the Mr Plywood will cut out all the panels in no time it makes the job far easier and very accurate too.
Jumpus GooDarus
I'm gonna kill 2 birds with one stone here thought I' d deleted this pic from my folder

Fed these are my underfloor live bait tanks we were talking about the other day

Majed just to show you how you can utilise seat/storage space grant you my boat is alot bigger than your's but the concept is there

Majed
Thats a massive boat you have there Jumpus. Lots of storage space too. Thanks for the pics.
Jumpus GooDarus
Yeah it's a good sized boat & I dont like having things just lying around that's why I utililized the space my favourite part is the drawer setup.

But getting back to yours think it's wise to have a good think as to what you want B4 going ahead with it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.