Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: South Coast
Fishing oz style > Fishing Reports > Fishing Reports
quintrex101
So i just spent 10 days camping down in Dalmeny , near Narooma. I must say i love the place and will be planning many more trips down there. Dad towed the campervan down there and i followed in my car with the boat, so it worked out really good. I actually even took the boat out a few times by myself in the lake and i was able to do it all myself, i have no worries if i ever want to take the boat out during the year. Sadly during the trip our dog passed away, but besides that we had a nice trip and caught some fish. A few days were out because of the weather but besides that we were out on the Lake or fishing off the Islands. Got some nice Snapper (and a new PB just under 50cm) some boring but tasty Flatties, Decent Trevally, Annoying Leatherjacket, Mullet, Yakkas (in the millions) and i even got to feed some local rays at the boat ramp. Some of them were massive !

Anyway, thanks for reading fellas. It's been a while since i've posted a report, i probably should start doing it more frequency.
quintrex101

oz man
now that would have been nice , just wish I could get the time.
quintrex101
Already booked to go back down in January next year haha
Jumpus GooDarus
Wot happened 2 the Car Niff ?????????
quintrex101
The what mate ?
Jumpus GooDarus
Car Niff in the flat wuns melon
Fed
Your P plate is obscured, shorten both of your safety chains and adjust the trailer brake cable.
If I was a cop you'd be walking for the next 3 Months.

I think I asked before Dan but are you allowed to tow that on Ps, do you have to put a P on the back of the boat?
quintrex101
Geez mate, how much of it do you want to see ? Any more and the thing would just fly off at any speed. If someone can't see that, they're blind and shouldn't be driving. I've had it like this for 6 months and I've never been pulled over or had anything said to me. Only got 1 safety chain and the trailer actually fell because my uncle half took the trailer off but I told him to leave it and it saved it. Ill check the brake cable later.

No problems towing on P's, the trailer is under the weight limit and yeap I had a p plate on the back of the boat.
Fed
I got booked for a P plate like that although it was added on to a speeding charge, maybe the cop was having a bad day.

Both your safety chains are too long.

First check and adjust your brake calipers if they need it then adjust the cable.
Although they're very simple many people make the mistake of using the cable to adjust the brakes.

Not having a go at you mate only trying to keep you on the straight & narrow.
quintrex101
Must have been haha. I haven't even got a second look by cops even though I'm a p plater with a commodore. Mainly cause I don't drive like a dick.

Will fix the chains up and get dad to do the brake, shouldn't be too much effort
frozenpod
QUOTE (Fed @ Apr 27 2013, 10:29 AM) *
Your P plate is obscured, shorten both of your safety chains and adjust the trailer brake cable.
If I was a cop you'd be walking for the next 3 Months.

I think I asked before Dan but are you allowed to tow that on Ps, do you have to put a P on the back of the boat?

In VIC you can tow on your L's or at least you used to be able to and you can certainly tow on your P's.

Chain looks ok to me.

But the cable looks a bit loose.
nimrod
Dan. Thanks for putting up the report, looks like you had a great time and some nice fish to boot.
Keep up the good work mate.
quintrex101
Most states just have a weight limit. When I get my greens I'll be allowed to tow even more.

Thanks Frank. Stopped at Bermi and thought of you, but had a feeling you already came back home
nimrod
Dan been up north, inland at Lake StClair from thursday till Sunday arvo Bass fishing, may be heading back down bermi way after next week.
Spudly
Ill let ya know when we down at Sussex Frank, if the worlds align call in and say gday!
poly
well looks like you had a great time Dan, did you take that young lady with you ?????????????

Paul

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
quintrex101
Thanks Pol.

What young lady haha ?
Jumpus GooDarus
Any Dolly's ????????????
poly
are you at uni Dan or are you taking a year off ?????????????????????????

Paul
quintrex101
Year off working and getting some money until I decide what I wanna do mate
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.