Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Broughton Island Snapper
Fishing oz style > Fishing Reports > Fishing Reports
Stickman
I went to Broughton Island for the weekend on the hunt for snapper.
And ended up with a PB on soft plastics 79cm 5.6kg
The new rod shimano terez 15/30lb & new reel shimano stradic FJ 5000 did the job very well.

Click to view attachment
Spudly
Very nice fish mate.. Picked myself a stradic 4000 up recently.. Very nice reels yes!
Jumpus GooDarus
You're a wally RobDaNob

Heard ewe were hopeless on the rod & had to be schooled all the way through the fight else ewe would've lost it laugh.gif laugh.gif
Stickman
That`s good Jumpus

May i ask what is it with you greeks. Is it that you are all control freaks or is it you lot cant handle it when someone catches a fish you have to scream out instructions as if the person on the fish don`t know what he or she is doing. Come on mate i was getting smoked so i put some hurt on the fish to get him up off the bottom and where you got your info from put his face right into mine and tried telling what i should have been doing. My come back was mate i am hooked up when you hook up then you can tell me how to fish.
Don`t get me wrong i am all ears when it comes to fishing. I am always willing to learn about fishing.

It could be a culture thing but when i am fishing with someone i let them catch the fish and then celebrate if its a good fish. Not yell and scream at them to create panic.

As for me losing the fish i was in full control from hook up to landing the fish.
Bees Knees
Nice fish Stickman... Regardless of who was screaming at you...smile.gif
kkw
Nice fish. I remember having to get towed back into Esmeralda Cove on a stormy night after my mates 7m Caribean wouldn't start. Next morning, we discovered that he had bumped the kill switch enough to make a contact and prevent starting. Was worrying in pitch darkness with a howling southerly and close to the rocks. We had to stay for a further 3 days at Broughton until the weather cleared enough to get back. We left a ton of ice and a bunch of snapper for the boys who towed us back. We had rented a house on the island, for a week but didn't get charged for the extra 3 days. Great fishing, but the marine parks and the fisheries officers can be a real PITA.
Stickman
Thanks for the kind words guys.

kkw i have been there done that coming back in the dark and when i say dark you cant see 2 foot in front of you frightening stuff. From that night on our rule is head home before dark.

As for the Island i love the place as a norm we try and get there two times a year Feb & Nov.
Jumpus GooDarus
May i ask what is it with you greeks

Wouldn't know dont refer to myself as being greek

Q is why do you prefer hanging around with those who you think or are greek
And why do you spend so much time bending over gunnels of boats laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fed
With all the so called schooling you're getting stickman you'll be a fisherman in no time at all.
Marlin, Snapper... not bad for a beginner if you ask me, well done.
Have you booked in with Jumpy for more abuse lessons yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.