Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My New Pride & Joy
Fishing oz style > Chat > Boating Talk
quintrex101
Picking it up on monday, can't wait. smile1.gif

60hp Yamaha 4stroke, Dunbier Trailer, Bimini. I'm going to add a bigger bait board, Lowrance HDS 7 Sounder/GPS with full mapping, Rocket Launchers, S/S rod holders, a downrigger, live bait tank, and i'll have a awesome little weapon on my hands. fishing.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Not going to work DaNusun

For starters it's not yellow, no plastic on it, it'll make tu much noise & scare all the wittle fishys away hysterical.gif
quintrex101
But it's got a 4 stroke yammy, the best. laugh.gif

Alloy all the way, sorry Pol. tongue.gif
Fed
Looks the same as your other boat Dan.
quintrex101
460 mate, got a pod, gunwales, bimini, removeable back seat, 60l underfloor fuel tank, abit of an improvement mate.
Jumpus GooDarus
Got a good name for it DanuSun call it

Puss Puss

And if it dosen't ketch any fishys ewe only need to change 1/2 the name to

Puss Tee hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
quintrex101
I got it. hysterical.gif
boris
Good one Daniel, Now you should change your nick smile.gif
nimrod
QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Dec 8 2010, 01:23 PM) *

Good one Daniel, you won't have any trouble poking your nose out the front on a reasonable day now mate.
I can see a few personal bests coming along anytime now.
Bees Knees
Nice work buddy... Get rid of that wing off the motor though...
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Dec 8 2010, 01:23 PM) *
I got it. hysterical.gif

Bloody Took ewe long enough hysterical.gif
quintrex101
Haha yeah took me ages but i'm glad i got it . Thanks guys smile.gif

After xmas i'm gonna get rid of my tinny and put some more money into the bigger boat.
Fed
I'm predicting some sounder problems at speed and not sure if it would need that foil either.
Some people put things on then swear blind they work to justify their mistakes.
quintrex101
Don't need to use the sounder at speed, for me anyway, and i'm upgrading the sounder to a gps/combo thingy. smile.gif

The Permatrim is gonna stay on, test it tomorrow, and take it off, see if i can notice the different, if it performs better with it on, i'll leave it, if not i'll leave it anyway, if it handles worse with it on, i'll take it off.
Fed
A good test would be in a following sea but it may be some time before that happens.
Just go carefully until you 'know' the boat.
quintrex101
Will do, thanks mate.
Bees Knees
Im tipping a gain of 4 knots when you take it off... The only thing it did for me was get it on the plane quicker...

I went through the same thing with the last boat..

Nice boat mate, you will love it... smile1.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Didn't ewe have DUCKaFOILS on yours ???

Made out of feathers if I recall hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Dec 9 2010, 09:59 AM) *
Didn't ewe have DUCKaFOILS on yours ???

Made out of feathers if I recall hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Ahhh, look who dragged his backside out of bed!!! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
No thanks to the BOOBY MAN hu likes to get up in the middle of a DARK DUCK NIGHT
Bees Knees
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Dec 9 2010, 09:56 PM) *
No thanks to the BOOBY MAN hu likes to get up in the middle of a DARK DUCK NIGHT

It was 9:30am you retiree!! hysterical.gif
quintrex101
Gonna test it with and without the wing today, also gonna clean the trailer, i'll get some footage smile.gif
quintrex101
Alright i pissed the Permatrim off, with it on i got top speed 35km/h and it was revving at 5600 which i thought was on the heavy side, another run on the weekend with it off will tell me weather it's staying.

The steering felt really heavy, even after trimming the motor, is that because of the Permatrim ?
poly
arrrrrrrr why would you want to get rid of the HSD7 sounder, after all they are one of the better units on the market ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
emot201.gif Paul emot201.gif

# Unequalled Lowrance sounder performance now enhanced with built-in Broadband Sounder technology inside.
# Superior clarity and up to an astounding 120-degree view of water column to find more fish.
# Phenomenal separation of fish targets from structure, baitfish, thermoclines, clutter and bottom.
# Improved underwater fish-holding structure identification; channels, rock piles, stump beds, submerged standing timber, drop-offs and more.
# Exceptional fish-finding performance in any water/weather situation, at all depths and at any speed.
# Peerless bottom tracking performance now with up to 8X zoom range.
# COLORLINE enhances target separation and bottom composition definition.
# Maintains full suite of advanced, Lowrance professional grade fishfinder features and functions
Fed
Alright i pissed the Permatrim off, with it on i got top speed 35km/h and it was revving at 5600 which i thought was on the heavy side, another run on the weekend with it off will tell me weather it's staying.

The steering felt really heavy, even after trimming the motor, is that because of the Permatrim ?

That's not very good Dan, it should go way better than that, I'm thinking +50 KPH.
You're all over the net so ask around for people with the same setup or very similar.
What is the WOT RPM supposed to be?
Where is your vent plate in relation to the bottom of the hull when parallel to it?
What size prop is on it now?
Did you look over the back while running fast to see if the vent plate was on top of the water?
I find my own steering a bit heavy at speed and I think it's because my motor it a little low but I can't say for sure yet. I'll raise mine if you raise yours & get a good result.
Fed
why would you want to get rid of the HSD7 sounder

He said he wants to buy one Poly.
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Dec 10 2010, 08:57 PM) *
Alright i pissed the Permatrim off, with it on i got top speed 35km/h and it was revving at 5600

Doubt that very much, gather ewe took reading from either a vacum speedo or those stupid paddle wheels mounted on tranny via sounder
35km/h roughly translates to 20 knots p/h

and it was revving at 5600 which i thought was on the heavy side,

Personally think permatrims are rubbish & a gimmick if they did work then outboard manufacturer's would build them into the outboards back in the factorys.
5600 rpm is not right motor should be reving out to 5900 rpm & that last 300 rpm is where ewe get your speed from.
Wun of 3 things could be the reason for loss of revs

* Permatrim
* Wrong prop
* Motor needs to come up a bolt hole on transom

Doubt that, rather you're got cable steer, check how tight the bends are on the cable
Fed
I think the permatrim would cause the steering to be a bit heavy Jumpy, see the downturned sides on it?
A bit different to the normal hydrofoils that people use.
Check if it's easy to turn when out of the water Dan, if it is then there's nothing wrong with the cable.
quintrex101
There is nothing wrong with the cable at all out of the water.

Yeah jumpy the reading was from a taco, but i still think it's abit slow. I've got a video of it so i will show you that.

The motor seemd abit low in the water, but not to bad, the Permatrim was just abit underwater.

How can you find out the prop size ?
poly
Dan the cav plate should be level with the bottom of the boat, have a look at the photo that should be your starting point
Paul
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Dec 11 2010, 04:07 PM) *
How can you find out the prop size ?

Tis stamped on the prop inner side of cone [area where nut is]

Being Yamaha it'll either 16R or 18R
Fed
Borrow a GPS to check the speed Dan.
quintrex101
Will do mate.

Thanks Pol, she looks right to mate, i'll get a photo anyway.

Jumpy, will check the prop size when i get abit of sunlight tomorrow.

Thanks for all the replys. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.