Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Cook B/bay
Fishing oz style > Fishing Reports > Fishing Reports
STEVE.P
G/day all . Went out for a fish yesterday to nice a day for work biggrin.gif
the bay was pretty flat , so I started with some sp's for some flatones , first 3 casts 3 fish , I was on a roll .
spoke to soon next 1/2hr nothing then a couple more hits and droped fish ,
next stop livie grounds , didn't take long and then to second fishing spot. as the tide was wright.
well the wind came up a bit , a bit of a south / south west . Couldn't get anchor to hold on sandy bottom plus fishing up the boat as tide was going out ,
After a few attemps I gave up , plan C . Always have a plan A B C and a D just in case, next spot I could hold anchor but fishing up anchor rope again . SO tied off on back bollard nice slow burly trail going , well it didn't take long some small redies then some bigger ones showed ,

Well it was all guns blazing from there on droped some good ones ,
got busted up a few times , may have been rat kingys , some big bluters It was non stop.
A boat near me positioned himself 3 times trying to get closer to me as he could see i was getting fish one after another

The three kg reels were sreaming tongue.gif was loosing a few so out came the 6kg floaters on that . have to say pulled out of some heavy fish on 6kg, taz.gif then some breams got into the action.

Big blue nose cheers.gif this went on for another 1hr redies / bream / big blurters / and some lost fish I left them bitting as i had something to do that arvo , kept a few for dinner and gave some to my oldies . top day out biggrin.gif

The biggest blue nose went 38cm
Majed
Well done Steve....sounds like a very good day out and excellent sized fish........ smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
jack
Steve, Next time you go out gimme a call, I'll tie my boat to yours and have a good perv as well hysterical.gif

Serious some hints and tips of when and where to fish would be greatly appreciated. I promise not to take home many fish (I don't eat fish)
Especially flatheads are on my list and I can't seem to find these

Jack
salty fil
Great stuff mate. You gotta love a day like that! Everything just clicks into place.
Great report.
xtosea
Thats ridiculously good for inside the bay!
Well done Steve
Kamil
poly
its great to see you having a good day Steve, let us know how you go out side biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
It'l Do
Nice haul of fish. Good old Plan C wins the day.

I am I correct you were cubing pillies and bait was pillies.
STEVE.P
QUOTE (It'l Do @ Apr 11 2008, 08:19 PM) *
Nice haul of fish. Good old Plan C wins the day.

I am I correct you were cubing pillies and bait was pillies.

pillies for bait , old pillies and bread through burly pot
nimrod
It sure is a good haul for the bay.
There are still good numbers and sized fish to be had, just takes a bit of know how to get them.
You done good mate.
STEVE.P
QUOTE (xtosea @ Apr 11 2008, 08:08 PM) *
Thats ridiculously good for inside the bay!
Well done Steve
Kamil

no not that uncomen Karmil , usually go and target certain fish , been fishing the bay since James cook landed laugh.gif you get to know were the spots are,
I have mentioned it a few times before after the rains , early in the week we had some, . flushes out and stirs things up , infact many moons ago got my bigest red inside the bay 6.5kg
STEVE.P
QUOTE (jack @ Apr 11 2008, 07:06 PM) *
Steve, Next time you go out gimme a call, I'll tie my boat to yours and have a good perv as well hysterical.gif

Serious some hints and tips of when and where to fish would be greatly appreciated. I promise not to take home many fish (I don't eat fish)
Especially flatheads are on my list and I can't seem to find these

Jack

I take bribes Jack biggrin.gif 2blokes of pillies 4 pieces of toast and a chicken laugh.gif
Christos
Well done on your fishing.
Christos
QUOTE (STEVE.P @ Apr 11 2008, 07:36 PM) *
I take bribes Jack biggrin.gif 2blokes of pillies 4 pieces of toast and a chicken laugh.gif

Honestly guys the amount of animals that seem to be changing hands here on the forum I must be thinking that most of you guys grew up on a Farm.
STEVE.P
QUOTE (Christos @ Apr 11 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Honestly guys the amount of animals that seem to be changing hands here on the forum I must be thinking that most of you guys grew up on a Farm.

Old McDonald had a farm eya eya yo , : :gathering: and on that farm he had a duck eya eya yo : :gathering: , and on that duck he put some sauce eya eya yo : :gathering: and with that duck we had a drink , drunk.gif eya eya yo : and with that duck and drink we had some spuds rum.jpg eya eya yo taz.gif taz.gif
Christos
Love it. smile.gif
It'l Do
So the spuds are Rummy you could have made Twit Top (bugger forgot the "s") the drinks.

Now who's the duck????

All this talk of food it's a wonder Catch22 has not piped in. biggrin.gif
Christos
QUOTE (It'l Do @ Apr 12 2008, 07:48 AM) *
All this talk of food it's a wonder Catch22 has not piped in.

Could be eating.
STEVE.P
QUOTE (Christos @ Apr 12 2008, 11:29 AM) *
Could be eating.

hes trying to start the barbi biggrin.gif
quintrex101
how much food was he cooking cause he bbq blow up and look at how big the explode was when lit it up hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.