Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Few More
Fishing oz style > Chat > Rod Building
Jumpus GooDarus
I'm back @ it again

Couldn't help myself was playing with a few of the new reels last week which were very impressive & thought I'd build up a few new rods to try them out on.

One reel in particular was the new full alloy body overhead twin geared 6 : 1 down to 4 : 1 not in the pic cause the rod is drying but have to admit it came up spoofylacockassen even went to the trouble of doing a wittle fish's design on it.

In the pic is another one of those 3 kg bait sticks & a 3 kg spin stick I'm just about to bind up

Will post additional pics later

quintrex101
more and more ;lol::lol:onya jumpy bit of time of your hands anywy well done i would buy them if you sold them
Jumpus GooDarus
Think I have to seriously start thinking about clearing out some of my old gear getting to be a bit of a joke around here laugh.gif laugh.gif
quintrex101
i will buy anything laugh.gif:o
poly
Think I have to seriously start thinking about clearing out some of my old gear getting to be a bit of a joke around here laugh.gif laugh.gif

sounds like a big ebay sale coming up j.g, or u could donate them to a charity mate biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
jasonb
yeah ill send ya an email addy for a good charity ,,,,oh well youll find it on my control page ,or just pm me and ill give ya my addy ,,,,,hahahahahaha
jasonb
they look great mate ,but i dont like the way the reel seats are ,,hey but as i said they look great ,,

as with all ya gear why dont ya go threw it and sell it on here ,,,
quintrex101
ditto jas .... i wpuld buy some of the other rods tho
Jumpus GooDarus
they look great mate ,but i dont like the way the reel seats are

Please Explain ???
jasonb
just how the reel seats are further up the rod ,i know they are more comfortable like that ,,,the work looks great ,,,i just dont like any rod like that
Jumpus GooDarus
1st used than concept some 30 years back jason.

Ideal back in my old rock hoping days for pelting out lures a long way esp with the overhead reels.

Funny how old trends come back & again that style of rod suits the way I fish these days, allthough all my fushing is done out of a boat & I'm using threadlines with no need to cast out great distances the longer but allows me to tuck the rod under my arm pit whilst fighting a fush.

This in turn is very comfortable & leaves you with a free hand to smack people on the head when they dont risten laugh.gif

Na it allows you to grab a net , gaff etc & do it comfortably.

With graphite rods being so light these days why add on extra weight by adding extra hyperlon or glueing on extra cork.

A couple here have picked up one of those rods in pic & they'll tell you they're as light as a feather.
It'l Do
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 17 2008, 03:21 PM) *
I'm back @ it again

I really like the colours in that blue, balck and gold wrap on the left rod.

You build so many rods are you sure you do not have a secret business selling your rods.

Daniel, start saving your pennies because if Jumpy ever sells any of his gear your would have so many to choose from but you would end up with some nice gear at the right price.
Jumpus GooDarus
Took some pics today but I got my bloody shadow in the way didn't I ??? laugh.gif

Have to take some better pics tomorrow

The rod with the wittle fishys on it is the unfinished rod from last pic

ps] currently doing one with purple , green silver in it & think poly will be impressed cause the fish look like parrots

I'll call them parrot fish for the record
Spudly
Looks great jumps!!

Keep the info coming!
Jumpus GooDarus
Rumpus you really need to see the wittle fishy's design up close

Dave is still scrating his head trying to figure out WTF laugh.gif
poly
currently doing one with purple , green silver in it & think poly will be impressed cause the fish look like parrots

how much do you wont for it j. g.???????????????????
Jumpus GooDarus
I'm taking a bit of a gamble on the green thread poly

If it holds up & dosen't bleed through once the resin is applied I think the rod will come up very SpoofyLaCockaSun
It'l Do
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 20 2008, 08:48 PM) *
Took some pics today but I got my bloody shadow in the way didn't I ??? laugh.gif

Have to take some better pics tomorrow

The rod with the wittle fishys on it is the unfinished rod from last pic

ps] currently doing one with purple , green silver in it & think poly will be impressed cause the fish look like parrots

Jumpy,

Can you use your megapoodle camera on macro and take a picture of one little fishy for me. Might have to do it during daylight. Nice colours.
Christos
I have been clearing up my old stuff and cleaning up the house. I have found things that I purchased and never used. All sorts of stuff. Anyhow getting back to fishing stuff. Well it is very hard to get rid of fishing stuff as I find I might need them in the furture? dry.gif

If you are like me then yes you are in a lot of trouble. I wish you good luck.

I have been avoiding bait and tackle shops so that I do not purchase any more gear. As for K-mart, Big W and Target, I see seem to be in the fishing department when I visit the shop for sometime else. So far I am happy to say that I have not been tempted to purchase anything.

The itch.

There is a new bait and tackle shop on Forest road (Sydney) and when I drive past I keep thinking to stop and visit. So far I have avoided with one excuse or another and I am running out of excuses. Lucky for me I do not have to drive along Forest road very offen.

:o
Jumpus GooDarus
Got around to taking some pics today

The Spin stick

6kg Bait Stick

Pair of them waiting to go fushing

It'l Do
QUOTE (It'l Do @ Mar 20 2008, 09:58 PM) *
Jumpy,

Can you use your megapoodle camera on macro and take a picture of one little fishy for me. Might have to do it during daylight. Nice colours.

Jumpy, I wanted a close up of the little fishies wrap. I worked out how to do the Eagles.

PS, that Browing bags been in a few photos lately, when can you take the wraps off? I though you mentioned it before but what is in the bag?
And don't tell me it 3 chooks and a duck, I can't see any feathers. biggrin.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
The Fishy design is a wee bit more confuciousrus Blind Fredd & you may need a guide dogs assistance to work it out laugh.gif laugh.gif

rod in pic was the 1st time I'd attempted that design in 15 years & wasn't all that pleased with the tails

did another one which got poly all stired up but as I'd said earlier colours didn't come out the way I liked them B4 the resin the rod is still spoofy though.

Just finished the lastest & think this will the best of the lot will post pic after resin.

PS, that Browing bags been in a few photos lately, when can you take the wraps off? I though you mentioned it before but what is in the bag?

I'm supposed to be trying out the new reels but haven't been doing a great deal of fushing of late & better start pulling my finger out.

Bags are on the reels cause I'm not allowed to show them off till they get released
MartinF
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 22 2008, 01:50 PM) *
Bags are on the reels cause I'm not allowed to show them off till they get released

Wow.. that must really make the fishing a lot more difficult, having to keep the bags on all the time hysterical.gif
It'l Do
CODE
I'm supposed to be trying out the new reels but haven't been doing a great deal of fushing of late & better start pulling my finger out.

Get off that V stuff. Not only is it bad for your health but also your wallet. I nearly fell over when I saw the price of it. omg_smilie.gif

Just put your little boat in and go out for a few hours. You can always come over to the Hacking and throw in a line. I'm sure you said you have your passport. biggrin.gif
It'l Do
QUOTE (MartinF @ Mar 23 2008, 12:17 AM) *
Wow.. that must really make the fishing a lot more difficult, having to keep the bags on all the time hysterical.gif

I'll pay that Martin. Only wish I though of it.
Jumpus GooDarus

Not Weelly Martin

See wen I catch the wittle Fishy's I put them in the bags so they can do weetle sleepy's
It'l Do
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 23 2008, 12:29 AM) *
Not Weelly Martin

See wen I catch the wittle Fishy's I put them in the bags so they can do weetle sleepy's

OMG , the little fishy's have now seen the new reel, bye bye little fish. omg_smilie.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Well have you's ever heard that Canadian Saying ?????

A Mounty Allways Gets His Man

Well we have a similar one here in Oz

The Jumpus Allways Bags Out laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jumpus GooDarus
Well the lighter spin sticks are now complete so watch out for my old ones in the New Auction Forum

The 2 new 3 kg spin sticks with wittle fishy's on them & the one on the right is a factory made Browing would have loved to have gotten my hands on those blanks but no can do.

kkw

He does the same thing with his women....
jasonb
dont ya mean his blow up doll kk
ocsawdust
You guys crack me up. Gonna have to ckeck into shipping to the states for one of those rods.
Jumpus GooDarus
ocsawdust !

These guys are a bunch of Bastards cause they're allways picking on me

They are all jealous of me cause I'm a Chick Magnet biggrin.gif

Gonna have to ckeck into shipping to the states for one of those rods

The rod on the right The Browning IM6 is a superb rod all the Fuji gear on it , full cork etc & over here it's sold with a hard canvass carry bag.

Retails Aus $250

Be alot cheaper over where you are bigger market means cheaper prices & yes it is available in the States

Rod itself is a joy to spin with , very good for tossing those very light SP's it's action allows you to really whip out the hard body lures as well I was really surprised how far I could whip them out
jasonb
yeah true he is a chicken magnet SmellyFarTing.gif SmellyFarTing.gif
ocsawdust
QUOTE (jasonb @ Mar 25 2008, 01:42 AM) *
yeah true he is a chicken magnet SmellyFarTing.gif SmellyFarTing.gif

Lot's of fishing materials are shipped out of socal.

Bill Shedd is part of the wsb operation. Awesome guy. He even gives us drinks at the meetings he hosts at his place @ Aftco . one cOOL place/ guy! Toured it a year ago, wow is all I can say.
Jumpus GooDarus
Aftco is good gear & I use it on my game rods

Just started using the Aftco resin & not bad stuff either a bit slower curing time than the previous resin I was using but the aftco seems to be alot clearer
Jumpus GooDarus
My new 10 kg bait stick is all done

nimrod
Hey jumpy, don't suppose you have a 15kg blank you could put up for auction. Or a decent built rod.
I need to build a new rod for a tld 15.
If I can't get a decent blank, I might have to use one of my old ugly's for the time being.

Frank
Jumpus GooDarus
QUOTE (nimrod @ Mar 29 2008, 11:29 AM) *
Hey jumpy, don't suppose you have a 15kg blank you could put up for auction. Or a decent built rod.
I need to build a new rod for a tld 15.
If I can't get a decent blank, I might have to use one of my old ugly's for the time being.

Frank

Frank you've no idea how many of those I do have but you'll just have to wait cause I dont want to flood the place with rods.

Worked out I'll only be putting up a couple @ a time instead of bombarding the Action forum

Think there's 3 or 4 / 15 kg sticks sitting here & if you give me a bit more info on type of rod I'll put that one up 1st

The one in last pic ???

Well nothing like that one I built that one purposely for oneon the new 6 : 1 overhead reels due in shortly the boys tried swiping the rod of me as well laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just about to head out now for a fush, built up a new 3 kg stick each for them & they're like wittle kids with a new toy & have been nagging to go try them out, mind you they've got a warehouse full of rods which they never look twice @ laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nothing like having your own personal gear
nimrod
QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Mar 29 2008, 12:20 PM) *
Frank you've no idea how many of those I do have but you'll just have to wait cause I dont want to flood the place with rods.

Worked out I'll only be putting up a couple @ a time instead of bombarding the Action forum

Think there's 3 or 4 / 15 kg sticks sitting here & if you give me a bit more info on type of rod I'll put that one up 1st

The one in last pic ???

Well nothing like that one I built that one purposely for oneon the new 6 : 1 overhead reels due in shortly the boys tried swiping the rod of me as well laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just about to head out now for a fush, built up a new 3 kg stick each for them & they're like wittle kids with a new toy & have been nagging to go try them out, mind you they've got a warehouse full of rods which they never look twice @ laugh.gif laugh.gif

Nothing like having your own personal gear

Jumpy. Was thinking of a 15kg 6' 6" med/heavy fast taper blank that I could build myself.
As for pre built rod, it would have to be similar function as the above, overhead of coarse.
I am going to use it for bottom bashing with tld15 and 30 lb braid, in bepths between 80-160 metres.
Any shallower then 80 metres and I use my spinfishers, any deeper then 160m and the deck winch will come into play. Or my crab pot recovery system that I am going to make.

Hey. Also looking for large deck winch.

Frank
Haji
QUOTE (nimrod @ Mar 28 2008, 06:31 PM) *
Jumpy. Was thinking of a 15kg 6' 6" med/heavy fast taper blank that I could build myself.
As for pre built rod, it would have to be similar function as the above, overhead of coarse.
I am going to use it for bottom bashing with tld15 and 30 lb braid, in bepths between 80-160 metres.
Any shallower then 80 metres and I use my spinfishers, any deeper then 160m and the deck winch will come into play. Or my crab pot recovery system that I am going to make.

Hey. Also looking for large deck winch.

Frank
Haji
Hi Frank

Thought I would come on board, looks like there are some good topics on this site. Jumpus builds a mean rod doesn't he?

Am thinking of selling both of my boats (the Seafairey and the smaller alluminium estuary boat ). Had a ride in Jumpus's boat and was impressed enough to consider getting a bigger platey.

Still have those two reels for you. Will drop them over in the not too distant future.

Cheers Mate.

Haji
quintrex101
hi haji mate can i have a little information on the little alloy boat ..... i am still looking for a car topper ......... thanks heeps ...

p.s i am quintrex101 incase you did not know

cheers,
Haji
QUOTE (flattie_hunter @ Mar 28 2008, 07:47 PM) *
hi haji mate can i have a little information on the little alloy boat ..... i am still looking for a car topper ......... thanks heeps ...

p.s i am quintrex101 incase you did not know

cheers,

Hi Daniel

The little boat is way to heavy for a cartopper. It has been extensively customised including bow rails with anchor tubes,under bow storage, anchor rope well, heaps of rod holders, long thwarts running lengthwise between the front nad rear twhart etc etc. It also has a you beaut trailer with teflon skids that make it a breeze to launch.

As I recall I posted some pics on SFF, cannot recall where but if you open all posts from me you should be able to find it. Maybe some pics with my post on the trip to Ulladulla with Bass Flicker.

Cheers

Haji
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.