> Botany Bay, Tu Day by JJ Jumpus
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 20 2010, 03:04 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well peeps hit the Bay 2day & the water colour was filfy due to the dredging

Didn't even bother stoping 4 squidys & headed down sth to the hacking shock horror shock shock !

Water was filfy there as well & didn't like our chances swell was up as well which didn't make things any easier only managed 4 in a couple of hrs & headed back to Botany Bay.

Molly pt was pit street when we passed it on way out so decided not to venture there opted to Scotty2Hotty rig @ super sneaky Jumpus Secret spot only took 5 minutes for baitfushys to appear on sounder & right under them were the Kungys.

1st squid lasted about Tu minutes to a border line 65 cm kung so threw the rascal back to fight another day, still to give the new LOX kungy sticks any sort of a work out

2nd squid lasted a wee bit long about tree minutes & it only went 63 cm's, down to the last 2 squids & they were a good size as well I opted to leave that spot in seach of the bigger model kungs so headed off to Molly, as soon as I got there ph went ling ling twas a mate of mine also Scotty2Hottying he'd seen me pull up & twas not looking good he'd gotten zero for 2 hrs trolling.

I did a pass along the front sounder showed nothing so ducked around the corner to join him & as soon as I was 30 meters up his arse he was in Kung no wun 4 him 67 cm's rat

We trolled side by side & I suggested we tie the goats together to make a Shark Cat hysterical.gif 1/2 hr later after no more hits decided to head back to my super sneaky Jumpus Secret spot so packed up & put the allready rigged sqiddy in the live bait tank & hit the throatle with Goodster in hot persue.

Ewes wouldn't believe wot happened en-route The bloody last squid in the LBT chewed the head off the live rigged wun mad.gif

I put it out anyway cause the trip b3 I nailed 3 kungs on wun squid, took about 10 minutes to find the baitfushys again & the kungs were still showing under them on the sounder Wun minute later we were hooked up again another brurry rat

Last squid went out the biggest of the lot & another brurry rat nailed it

Thank goodness for that kungy fushing over time to start fushing for real fish took about 15 minutes for the 1st Brimski to take a bait & it twas the smallest of the day

Unfortunately there were alot of small snappa's around 25 - 28 cm's beating the Brimski's to the baits all arvo they were a piss off as they limited our brimski catch to only 4 fushys biggest went 40 cm's @ least they were enough to shut my nagging mother up hysterical.gif

Got worse guys !

Those bloody Kungs must've followed me nailed 3 & lost wun I couldn't stop on the 3 kg outfit & today I'd lefted my old 3 kg sticks behind & substituded them for the 2 - 5 kg LOX rods married to the Nereus 111 baitrunners & boy have these sticks got sum grunt twas a kung on the end of this wun

Also nailed a wittle Shucky Wucky

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Feb 20 2010, 03:12 AM
Post #2

BEN 10kg

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

Well done jumpy as per usual you came up wtith the goods smile.gif

Those rats sure are fun on the light gear huh smile.gif

Do you know any dates of when the Viva factory will be having a sale again ? I need a el cheapeo 6-8kg stick.

This post has been edited by flattie_hunter: Feb 20 2010, 03:14 AM

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 20 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

QUOTE (flattie_hunter @ Feb 20 2010, 10:12 PM) *
Do you know any dates of when the Viva factory will be having a sale again ? I need a el cheapeo 6-8kg stick.

A couple of weeks b4 easter me tinks

Actually I dont mind the kungs on the 3 kg line they're alot of fun, the wun I couldn't stop did me on the bottom & just to show how close they hug the bottom this wun did me on the fluro carbon leader 12 inch's from the hook.

Another couple of moths & the Studus maximus brimski's will arrive by that time the small snapper should disappear as well

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Feb 20 2010, 04:18 AM
Post #4

BEN 10kg

Yeh we get those big bream come up chipo lakes to spawn .. I remember last year i lost one well over 40cm couldnt believe my luck ):

Wouldnt mind heading out for a fish with you one day jumpy if that would be alright smile.gif would love to see how you fish. i need some learning to do.. tho im getting better smile.gif

+Quote Post
Majed
post Feb 20 2010, 04:53 AM
Post #5

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

You definetely are the guru..... hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

When you target a specific species.....you seem to nail them.... hysterical.gif

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Feb 20 2010, 01:09 PM
Post #6

Twoeyesea

Member No.: 1,659

Nice work there Mr Jumpus... What type of shark was that?

Dan, keep pestering him to take you out mate.... It will be worth 10 trips in your own boat super.gif super.gif

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 20 2010, 02:43 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

QUOTE (Bees Knees @ Feb 21 2010, 08:09 AM) *
Mr Jumpus... What type of shark was that?

No idea , guess ewe can call it a Wittle Wun hysterical.gif

Yeh we get those big bream come up chipo lakes to spawn .. I remember last year i lost one well over 40cm couldnt believe my luck ):

I'm talking 40 cm - 50 cm brimski's Danial Sun & it's not bad luck ewe lost the fishy tis all about patience when landing decent sized fushy's to many peeps are in a big hurry to land fish & they lose them

Wouldnt mind heading out for a fish with you one day jumpy if that would be alright would love to see how you fish. i need some learning to do.. tho im getting better

Suppose Mr Miaggi can organise a twip for Danial Sun hysterical.gif

But you're not allowed in the Live Bait Tank else salty will get the shits hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 20 2010, 02:48 PM
Post #8

His Eminance

QUOTE (Majed @ Feb 20 2010, 11:53 PM) *
You definetely are the guru..... :

When you target a specific species.....you seem to nail them.... :

Hope that's the case next week when I get the Jumpus GooDarus back on the water in a few days

Want to ketch me a marlins or 2

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Feb 21 2010, 05:53 AM
Post #9

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Good report and nice catch. smile1.gif

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Feb 21 2010, 02:12 PM
Post #10

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

[quote name='Jumpus GooDarus' date='Feb 21 2010, 09:43 AM' post='24240']
No idea , guess ewe can call it a Wittle Wun :hysterical

Looks like a small gummy ( flake ) beautiful eating, one of my favorite eating fish.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 21 2010, 11:16 PM
Post #11

His Eminance

Well it had no teeth thought it may have been sum bloody great grand mother hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Paul had it for dinner last night & said it was velly nice

On another note that Hebee Gebee guy hu's hopeless with computors charles c

Was out yesterday & brained the brimski's saw a couple of them in the fridge today & nice fish just over 35 cm's @ a guess

When asked how many did ewe get ??

He replied well over 30 fushy's

Not the big Blue nose tis a bit early for them yet but these like the wuns I got the day b4 are coming in from the ocean & not down from the river

Nice & silverish in colour

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Feb 22 2010, 02:32 AM
Post #12

BEN 10kg

yeh jumpy ive learnt that now.. Ive watched amany people and all they wanna do is get the fish in the boat than and there and all of a sudden you see them get busted up ive learnt my lessson smile.gif

+Quote Post
bafoo
post Feb 22 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #13

Jewfish

Member No.: 2,601

Well done on the fushies mate.

Mr miyagi needs to smile and get out alittle more.

I am sure that the bigger models of all targeted species is not that far away mate.

Looks like a top day out.

Bafoo

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 22 2010, 03:09 AM
Post #14

His Eminance

QUOTE (flattie_hunter @ Feb 22 2010, 09:32 PM) *
yeh jumpy ive learnt that now.. Ive watched amany people and all they wanna do is get the fish in the boat than and there and all of a sudden you see them get busted up ive learnt my lessson smile.gif

Well if ewe've ever read my posts in game fishing ?

I'vw allways said a fish will allways be lost in the 1st or the last 5 minutes of a fight

That's when peeps are @ their most reckless & exitement kicks in

Mr miyagi needs to smile and get out alittle more

Well I'm kinda boatless @ present bafoo exept for the wee wittle blue wun hysterical.gif

Having a shit fight with Mercury @ present after last Saturday

Relay switch shat itself on the tilt button on the motor itself just as I was pulling into the ramp, heard a funny sound looked back & saw motor tilting up on it's own & there was nothing I could do from the binacle control switch.

Had no choice but to kill the motor cause prop was out of the water @ this stage went aft & tried taking the motor down via switch on motor but all that did was stop the relay so I had to kill power via battery isolator.

By this time the wind was blowing the boat into the rocks on the breakwall & I had no control with motor not down couldn't even steer the boat clear & the inevitable happened a couple of nasty gash's on the hull furious.gif

I want Mercury to pay for the repairs cause their motor caused the damage & I want a new cowl cause it got scratched up as well

Wind was up & I was drifting pretty quickly untill the lecky was lowered to save the day

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Feb 22 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #15

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

You've sure had your share of bad luck with that motor Jumpy, hopefully it only gets better from here but I don't like your chances with Mercury footing all the damage bills.
Nothing to lose by giving them a serve though.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Majed
post Feb 22 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #16

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

For some reason i have never been a fan of Mercury outboards.....to me they also sound noisier than other brands...

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 22 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #17

His Eminance

QUOTE (Fed @ Feb 23 2010, 03:47 PM) *
You've sure had your share of bad luck with that motor Jumpy, hopefully it only gets better from here but I don't like your chances with Mercury footing all the damage bills.
Nothing to lose by giving them a serve though.

Only ever owned wun other Black Anchor & blew that wun up 3 times so never been a fan of them & was reluctant to buy this wun

It's going back to Mercury 2morro morn, Chris has told me that he's had 4 mercs come to him with the exact same prob

Merc on the other hand are talking out of there arseholes saying they've never had this happen B4

Legal I could screw the arse off them but the legal costs aren't worth the trouble but if it's BAD PUBLICITY they want I can surely arrange that

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Feb 23 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #18

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 22 2010, 10:09 PM) *
Well I'm kinda boatless @ present bafoo exept for the wee wittle blue wun

Since when do you need a boat to fish?

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 24 2010, 03:34 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

Well not all of us like to target sweep christos & need a boat to run away from them hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th July 2024 - 03:36 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates