Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 19 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #21

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Christos I've allready said this

No I'm not certain & did say wot I posted last was only discussed today

BUT I'm not going to accept there has been a total ban regarding the whole of Sydney Harbour the maths just dosen't add up

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 22 2010, 06:22 AM
Post #22

*Bi Catch*

Group: Members

Member No.: 11

What maths are you talking about? Buy outs? Remember they were voluntary.

DPI says no commercial fishing in Sydney Harbour, it's there in black and white. Anything west of the heads is Sydney Harbour, the Parra and MH are just tributaries that make up the harbour itself.

Email to fisheries has been sent.

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Feb 22 2010, 06:22 AM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 22 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #23

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Feb 23 2010, 01:22 AM) *
DPI says no commercial fishing in Sydney Harbour,

Yeah right & ewe're going to believe wotever DPI tell ewe hysterical.gif

Email to fisheries has been sent

I recall sending an email to the twits in regards to ID'n a marlin

They ID'd a Striped as a Blue simple because it was blue in colour hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Feb 22 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #24

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

well aint tis a hot topic,

all the sites ive seen say that there is a ban on commercial fishing in the harbour... but it doesnt add up and
the whole thng smells just a little fishy to me hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

and every 1 i speek to says there is a ban but jg ur the only 1 saying the opposite now you may be right ( doesnt happen often ) but where are you getting ur info from and do you have any actual hard proof of that that we could view

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 22 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #25

His Eminance

QUOTE (hustler57 @ Feb 23 2010, 04:04 AM) *
and every 1 i speek to says there is a ban but jg ur the only 1 saying the opposite now you may be right ( doesnt happen often ) but where are you getting ur info from and do you have any actual hard proof of that that we could view

Well maybe JG is wun of the very few who uses his noggin & dosen't believe everything others say
If sum ting dosen't add up then I'll question it simple as that

$5 mil over 4 years is peanuts in terms of paying/buying out the LFB's that fush the harbour
They keep refering to Sydney Habour as having a ban imposed BUT wot about Middle Habour & further up like sugarloaf bay/spit etc
They say it's OK to eat fish east of the Habour bridge

That's just a few points I find contradictive of DPI's claims of a total ban

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 22 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #26

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 23 2010, 09:06 AM) *
They keep refering to Sydney Habour as having a ban imposed BUT wot about Middle Habour & further up like sugarloaf bay/spit etc
They say it's OK to eat fish east of the Habour bridge

It's all still Sydney Harbour. Middle Harbour, Parramatta River, Lane Cove, Iron Cove.....it's all still part of Sydney Harbour.

You're also only supposed to be eating certain amounts of certain species east of the bridge, they aren't just saying that eating fish east of the bridge is fine. There is a dietary guide that would be impossible for pros to work around for species like bream, mullet etc.

I'm curious to know exactly how many boats accepted the buy out. If it was only a few then 5 mil may be enough.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Joey
post Feb 22 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #27

Garfish

Member No.: 3,125

I havent been fishing long and may be missing the point but if dioxins were the problem that lead to them stopping the commercial fishing of the harbour and we still have dietary restriction notices all over the north side of sydney where its meant to be "safer" to consume fish, why would they be considering or if what Jumpus has said is true continue to fish the harbour.

And further to that is there anything that can or IS being done about cleaning up the dioxins so we can at some stage say its safe to eat fish.

Personally I dont eat fish and do it because I love it, but it would be good to catch a nice feed of something from the harbour and take it home for the missus without calling past the fish markets.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 23 2010, 12:05 AM
Post #28

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Feb 23 2010, 12:32 PM) *
I'm curious to know exactly how many boats accepted the buy out. If it was only a few then 5 mil may be enough.

Sierra Foxtrot Alpha

And that's my whole point BUT the wuns who held onto their LFB's needed to be compensated & over 4 years $5 mil is no where near enough

The whole buying back of LFB's was aimed @ the trawlers in Botany Bay cause the government didn't want to compensate them & conned the angling faternity that paying a fishing licence fee was a good thing.

DPI are raking in the $$$$'s but are doing nothing in return for our $$$'s so I make no apologies for continually shooting them down

2 years ago we were told that 130 underwater fads would be placed in botany bay I've seen no sign of them & I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for the offshore underwater artificial reef either

And further to that is there anything that can or IS being done about cleaning up the dioxins so we can at some stage say its safe to eat fish.

Nothing they have to rely on rain to eventually wash the river clean

stopping the commercial fishing of the harbour and we still have dietary restriction notices all over the north side of sydney where its meant to be "safer" to consume fish, why would they be considering or if what Jumpus has said is true continue to fish the harbour.

They're all a bunch of clowns with no sense @ all

Fish dont live in wun spot, they move around in search of food

Fish that are feeding up the river today can very easily be @ the heads of Sydney Habour next week BUT they'll still have the dioxins in their systems wont they ???

So ewes tell me is the DPI full of shit with wot they say hysterical.gif

I watched a velly intering prog on the ABC last night

Twas about natural [questionable] dioxins killing oyster farming in tasmania due to plantation forests reason I said questionable was because these weren't natural trees planted they were genetically modified to grow quicker.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joey
post Feb 23 2010, 12:57 AM
Post #29

Garfish

Member No.: 3,125

Can they dredge the crap out mate?

do they give a time frame of how many years that sh*t is going to be lying there, I am imagining it will be hundreds

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 23 2010, 03:59 AM
Post #30

His Eminance

Dredging would make it worse + impossible to do

If ewe catch any fishys that have 3 eyes & 2 bums ??

Dont Eat Them hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post Feb 23 2010, 04:14 AM
Post #31

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

If you catch a fish then put it back.

+Quote Post
fishkiller
post Feb 23 2010, 04:34 AM
Post #32

Garfish

Member No.: 29

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Feb 18 2010, 08:04 PM) *
Not a trap, not a net, no sign of them working in the harbour at all. Yeah I know most of them work during the night, but not all of them. Bate Bay, Long Reef, I've seen them in the middle of the day plenty of times. They weren't trawlers though, they were setting traps or lines.

Not only that, but everyone else who fishes the harbour regularly can't see them. If the pros were working in the harbour it would be known, unless they've managed to avoid recs completely for the past few years.

It doesn't make sense to ban them purely from Gladesville up. Buy outs, compensation, to me it sounds like tomato-tomato and that they've been banned and have gotten $$$ in return.

I smell another debate! Face it, they aren't allowed to fish in the harbour.

I'm going to email fisheries next week when I'm back from Port Stephens and get a definite answer.

clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif yeah i agree mate peeps wouldnt take the risk i reckon any hows

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 23 2010, 04:53 AM
Post #33

*Bi Catch*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Feb 23 2010, 07:05 PM) *
They're all a bunch of clowns with no sense @ all

Fish dont live in wun spot, they move around in search of food

Fish that are feeding up the river today can very easily be @ the heads of Sydney Habour next week BUT they'll still have the dioxins in their systems wont they ???

So ewes tell me is the DPI full of shit with wot they say hysterical.gif

Have you seen the dietary guides? For example, 150g of bream per month is what they recommend, and that's for fish east of the bridge. That's f*ck all fish, might as well just not bother.

Yes fish move about, but some more than others. Bream may spend most of their lives in the Parra because there's always food there for them, but fish like kingies and other pelagics are highly migratory and may be spending next to no time in the Parra. Fisheries have made it clear they recognise that and hence implicated the guide that's specific for different species.

"The issue is with sediments on the harbour floor, which have been exposed to industrial pollution dating back over the past 100 years, and the migratory patterns of fish from polluted areas like Homebush Bay into the cleaner waters of the Harbour."

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 23 2010, 05:11 AM
Post #34

*Bi Catch*

Almost forgot, fisheries emailed me back and basically said what I've been saying. ALL COMMERCIAL FISHING HAS BEEN BANNED FROM SYDNEY HARBOUR. That means anything west of the heads (North and South) is no go.

When you're talking to your pro mates tell me exactly how many were bought out, had to stop fishing all together or were really hit hard by the ban. Plenty of fishing spots outside of the heads.

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Feb 23 2010, 05:17 AM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 26 2010, 12:03 AM
Post #35

His Eminance

Just have to clear a few tings up 1st

My sole purpose here is to argue with JG.

Nope your sole purpose here is to be the sites resident TWIT
And to embarass your mum by doing Wee Wee's in your pants hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Googlefushy when will you learn that ewe'll never win an arguement with the Great Jumpus GooDarus ??? hysterical.gif

Like I said in a previous post DPI is full of shit & twits like ewe should start using your noggin B4 ewe decide to take me on

Unlike yourself I dont believe wot I hear esp on the internet cause there's that much bullshit posted it could fertilise the sahara dessert.

I had a word with wun of the DPI guys 2day, not his department in regards to licencing he's more on the in charge of FADS etc

Wot was banned in the harbour were the trawlers & all forms of netting

Trapping was never banned & is still going on 2day

LFB's were purchased back off the fishermen & not for wot they were worth cause we all know LFB fishermen dont sell on the black market & allways declare 100% of their earnings on their tax returns hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

So final verdict is Jumpus was spot on & didn't make nonsense claims like that goose Googlefushy hysterical.gif who didn't do his homework B4 opening his big mouth

Traping is a form of commercial fishing so how can DPI claim that all commercial fushing was banned in the Harbour ??????????????????????????????????????

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 27 2010, 01:21 AM
Post #36

*Bi Catch*

If trapping's allowed in the harbour then where are the traps? And don't say the whole night time thing, if they're tapping then I would have seen at least one of them.

I will send another email detailing that you've said trapping is allowed. The word of a DPI email is worth just as much as from the guy you talked to (and what does the FAD's have to do with Sydney Harbour? Not his area hmmm?).

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Feb 28 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #37

*Bi Catch*

HEY JG! You're either wrong, fibbing or your DPI friend has some info on illegal fishing. Here's the reply from another email from fisheries (I explained that you said that a DPI bloke said trapping was still allowed).

"Hi Alex,
Sydney Harbour is totally closed to all forms of Commercial fishing.

You can report illegal or suspect fishing activities to your nearest Fisheries Office or use the Fishers Watch Phoneline on 1800 043 536.

Illegal fishing information received are investigated by Fisheries Officers and where an immediate response is not possible

Due to conducting of other operations or safety considerations, information received will be used in targeting on-going
surveillance and enforcement activities.

When lodging any report please be prepared to provide the following information:
- type of activity
- time, date and location of activity
- number of people involved, identity if known and descriptions
- registration numbers of any boats or cars involved and their descriptions
- your own name and contact details to further substantiate your report and provide you with follow up information.

All information provided will be treated, and remain, absolutely confidential.

Regards

George Mannah"

So who told you trapping was still allowed? And what boats are still trapping, if they're doing it illegally. I would like to report them, if it is true.

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Feb 28 2010, 11:07 PM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Mar 1 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #38

His Eminance

HEY JG! You're either wrong, fibbing or your DPI friend has some info on illegal fishing. Here's the reply from another email from fisheries (I explained that you said that a DPI bloke said trapping was still allowed).

Like I've allready said Googlefushy you're the sites resident twit hysterical.gif

1stly JG does not bullshit & that's why I come down hard on those who do & make idiots of them

2nd of all the DPI guy I spoke to was spot on the $$'s when he told me + I also heard it from other sources & I speak to these peeps in person not via emails.

Difference between ewe & me is velly simple Jumpus knows the right questions to ask & ewe dont simple as that

Ewe go back to your new best mate George Mannah & ask him if Lobster pots are allowed in the habour

And why he dosen't deem lobsters as part of our fisheries ???????

--------------------

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Mar 1 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #39

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

well i dunno what the hell is going on but i do know 1 ting for sure

never believe 100% of what you read of hear... exp when it comes to government deprtments....
i know from personal experience that in the departments the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing,

so whats really happening here ?? where are being told that commercial fishing has been banned.. ok so that may be true by the law.. but what type of fishing are they doing with in the eye of the law isnt commercial fishing ????

there are many different types of fishing.. for example for arguments sake...

the law can say that fishing with a net over 60cms is illegal so i fish with a net thats 60cms long.. there for what i am doing is legal.... but the gvernment can say thay have made all fishing nets OVER 60cms illegal

there is always a loop hole or back door to do anything these days

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Mar 1 2010, 05:13 AM
Post #40

*Bi Catch*

Sent another email asking specific questions specifically regarding crayfish and whether it does or does not fall under the term commercial 'fishing'. You said yourself trapping is a form of commercial fishing. However you suddenly and conveniently just made it known you were talking about crayfish, and not fin-fish. But of course you were talking about lobsters the whole time?

What's the word of the DPI guy you talked to against the word of Mr. Mannah? Both part of the same system. Just one's face to face and another's over the net. Of course you said it yourself, the guy you talked to doesn't work on harbour matters or commercial fishing matters, he's a FAD guy.

JG where's some actual proof that lobster trapping is still going on? There must be documentation somewhere, actual physical evidence, not just word of mouth. I've supplied plenty to support my case, how about you?

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Mar 1 2010, 05:14 AM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th October 2024 - 03:22 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates