Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Elusive Yft
Spudly
post Sep 9 2013, 03:33 PM
Post #1

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Well it will just be a quick report as im still trying to recover from the long days and sunburn and my hearing still isn?t what it used to be... Stuck between Rob and Jumpus ive had to take a few Panadol's ;)

Arrived in Sydney on Wednesday Night, that was pretty quiet, as was Thursday as we awaited for 4pm to roll around and met up with some mates at Engadine Pub, Had a few rums and climbed aboard a stretch hummer with 17 others bound for Acer arena to see pink..... Thats about all I remember from that night.....

Early the next morning I awoke, ready to head over to Jumpys to load the boat up and go in search of some YFT!

First stop was at 12 mile and around 12 other boats were above the reef jigging and such but reports were that things where pretty slow, we drifted about 100 meters away from the chaos and I found a lone Kingy on a jig. Rob jagged a Leather Jacket and Jumpy polluted the sea floor with 300gms of lead thanks to the leatherjackets...

From there we headed out to browns and set the spread to find the YFT as reports over the VHF were sounding good. All afternoon we had sauries jumping and Tuna busting up around us. was an awesome sight for the first time and to se the monsters jumping 20ft clear of the water was unbelievable, just wasn?t quick enough on the camera to get the money shot! First strike arrived and had us on edge but it didn?t last...

The Second Strike did stick though and after a short fight we had a 40kg+ tuna at the side of the boat.... Now normally here I would have a pic to show you of the fish, but as it dived under the boat and gave a few headshakes an unexpected hardware failure has resulted in my daughter now having a hook less lure to play with. Broken hearted and with a few explicits flowing around we set the spread again and set about our job...

Strike Three sounded like a good fish as line screamed off the reel...... Probably not due to the size of the fish but because the drag was set very low... In came a 6kg jellybean and while i held to rod back and could taste the tuna already, Jumpus and Rob decided to have a *discussion* mad.gif about the best way to gaff a tuna......... Obviously the little fella heard all this chatter and decided he would make a break for it before he became a tuna sandwich and that was the end of that!!!

Bust ups continued for the day but with the fin on the hunt for sauries they seemed uninterested in our lures.... We called it a night after the sun went down and made the long run home...

Another early start the next day and unfortunately I?ve got nothing to report... the fin had moved south or out or in or down or somewhere but the general consensus on the VHF was that no one could find the fish that were so active less than 12hr before....

After 10hr of towing lures around the calmest of seas, we called it a day.

Overall it was a top few days, just listening to Jumpy and Rob for a day is enough to remind me why i live out west tongue.gif many a laughs were had and was great to be out on the water! SO THANK JUMPY for having me and thanks Rob for the laughs!!!

Now we wait until they show themselves of JB and Ill take a nice comfortable riding glass boat out, with good lures and a crew who know how to gaff a fish tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif

Will upload a few pics tonight as I cant do it on the PC im on now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kkw
post Sep 9 2013, 04:02 PM
Post #2

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Sounds like you had a good time despite not landing anything. At least you hooked up and got to see what you hooked. Didn't drop in to say hello!!! Good luck if you get to go out down south.

+Quote Post
Fed
post Sep 9 2013, 07:04 PM
Post #3

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

Top report even without much success Rumpus.
(Earplugs mate, way to go)

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 10 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #4

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

BooDahBelly BooDahBelly

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Sep 10 2013, 02:56 PM
Post #5

*FruitLoop* 53

Hahahaha!! have to have a laugh!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  pandol.jpg ( 85.56K ) Number of downloads: 6

+Quote Post
Fed
post Sep 11 2013, 12:06 PM
Post #6

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

Where can I get some Rumpus, straight to the pool room.
HaHaHaHa!

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Sep 12 2013, 12:25 AM
Post #7

*FruitLoop* 53

Was pretty funny....

Hey Panadol, Copy Panadol came over the VHF... We all sorta looked at each other and me and rob burst out laughing.. Was one of Jumpys mates trolling just near us... Got a feeling it might stick...

Have to get the pis off the camera, still recovering trying to catch up on sleep!! Will go again tomorrow though!! Loved it and still Yet to boat a YFT!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2024 - 05:54 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates