Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Jb And The Shoalhaven
Spudly
post Jan 7 2008, 07:50 PM
Post #1

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Just got back from my chrissy holiday which involved muc drinking of rum and a few days of fishing.... I wont bore you with the stories of 4x4's in the mud or laying about in the creek with a can of bundy, YET... So just the fishing for now...

Day 1.

The first day we put in at culburra in a strong n/e'r and headed down towards greenwell point. We trying drifting the edges of the sandbars for Annette to pull in one flatty, but the wind was to strong and the drift to fast so ended up anchoring on a small creek coming off comerong Is. With light sinkers and pilly's the bream came on and we had a half decent bag of fish for the day. Pez also got to try out his new Viva Rod which he was very impressed with..

Day 2.

Jervis bay was the locationg for the day and the wind had swung to the south which meant the only really fishable part of the bay was around plantation point and vincentia (launched from Myola). We anchored up near the muscle farms and had a mixed bag of fish caught including shovel nose's. Bango's, Small Yellowtail, Chopper's, and flatties. Some one also learnt the importance of tying good knots by dropping a very nice snapper at the boat that would have gone maybe 2kg.... A few lessons from Steve will hopefully help...

Day 3.

Me and the younging (the nerriga kid) had the boat to ourselves today and decided to put in at murreys beach and head across to middle ground. Massive bait schools were around and we were catching slimeys to about 30/40cm on soft plastics and floatin pilchards. A few live baits were set incase there was somthing following them but no luck. With a N/E storm brewing we headed in closer to shore and A good flatty was caught by the nerriga kid, but my guess is the leather jacket were in force, biting off lines and destroying soft plastics before ya had a chance for anything...

Its also funny to see the look of peoples faces when a 12yr old kid drives the lifted landcrusier out of the boat ramp and upto the carpark while I look after the boat. Had some Very funny looks!!!!

So thats my story, With some fun and adventure! And a few fish caught...

Unfortunatly we never had the oerfect weather to attack the places I would have liked, but when ya live away from the water ya gotta tke what you can!

Looking forward to getting down there and getting into it again...

Heres a few pics!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jan 7 2008, 08:03 PM
Post #2

*FruitLoop* 53

+Quote Post
poly
post Jan 7 2008, 08:12 PM
Post #3

the yack man

Member No.: 4

good on u RUM thats the type of brake we would all like to have, the fish aunt bad aether

now get back to work and earn enough money to buy yourself a poly hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Jan 7 2008, 09:13 PM
Post #4

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Group: Members

Member No.: 6

good onya rum . good report .
O and that last pic . who the hell put sun screen onya face you obviously didn't have a mirror laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jan 7 2008, 09:45 PM
Post #5

*FruitLoop* 53

Yea, i got half burnt. haha, and the kid never told me i looked like a goose either!!!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 7 2008, 09:52 PM
Post #6

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

haha, and the kid never told me i looked like a goose either

Now I get it so you were the one Annete was refering to as the Ugly Stick huh ???

It all makes sense now laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Jan 7 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #7

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

Good one Chad it looks like you enjoyed yourself. and got a few fish.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jan 7 2008, 10:06 PM
Post #8

*FruitLoop* 53

Yep, was the best break ive had in a while, not a day wasted and got heaps in... Fishing, Swimming, Chrissy, had some mates come and stay..

It seemed like it was alot longer than 12 days, but i still dont wanna go to work, which is where im off to now! :(

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jan 7 2008, 11:55 PM
Post #9

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Is that little flattie begging for more food. Can it roll over and play dead? How come you got a Viva cap which fits? Good one.

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jan 8 2008, 01:29 PM
Post #10

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

That's a top report there Chadd ,

Well done sounds likeya had a ball , yeah the weather's been crap but sounds like ya realy made the most of it .

& don't worry bout the zink paint job , the Kid's paint job aint much better . laugh.gif

Good to see ya getting a few fish too , those large slimies & Yakka's can be fun .

I remember one day in particular hooking rooly rooly big ones 2 at a time on a 2hook rig & they'd both try to fight in different directions & it was mad fun trying to bring them in .
The best thing was a bitta burley & they hung around for ages .

Have Fun at work biggrin.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Christos
post Jan 9 2008, 01:19 PM
Post #11

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

Great Report.

Some nice looking fish.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2024 - 07:19 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates