Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kingfish Report, by J.J.Jumpus
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 5 2007, 10:54 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well peeps as some of ewe's may allready know Mr rum.jpg was in Sydney yesterday & we went for a fish.

Awoke in the morn after the sparrows started Far Ting & how rude a southerly was blowing Not Happy Jan

Anyways like to see for myself so went for a drive down to maroubra to sus out the sea conditions they weren;t that bad but decided to fish the Bay instead was thinking about the little boat & spining the royster leases but it had started raining & didn't feel like on / off with the raingear all day so it was the big boat.

I've often said I dont like southerlies in the Bay as they limit fishing my fav spots, so we went outside 1st to check out the tank off kurnel velly velly quite on the sounder so back inside it was bommy was no good causr we'd have been fishing into the wind up the anchor rope.

So off to the oil wharf we went could've sworn we saw catchnrelease there when we arrived having a tug but I knew he would've ewe know where doing ewe know wot in his ewe know watts catchnrelease.jpg wearing one of poly's RUGS.

Anyways dropped the anchor & started Jumus'n didn't take the Master long @ 1st was hoping it was a Jewgong but it was going way to hard for a fish thats relatively lazy & it had me stooged to the very end cause it didn't jump once yes peeps it was a very healthy looking salmon just over 2kg not bad to start the day off went great on the 3kg gear.

Next I started flick some plastics around whilst waiting for the burly to start working & hooked up something nice thought it may have been a Potato Cod so I gave the 2kg outfit over to Rumpy think he's been telling us porky's all this time peeps he handled my rod quite well

Get your minds out of the gutter ewe dirty minded perverts laugh.gif
It was a pretty nice size blurter of 54 cm's

Just more blurters after that next thing ewes no jumpus got his tides mixed up & for some reason thought turn was @ 1.30 pm so thought bommy would've been fishable on the run in tide in the southerly so went & anchored there.

Well didn't I get that wrong it was still runing out & vitually unfishable so up came the anchor & off to fish western side of oil wharf this time that's when we ran into Carl Douglas& Rumpus was ????

Whoa whoa woe woe !
Rumpy was kung-fu fushing
Those kungy's were fast as lightning
In fact it was a little bit frightning
But they fought with expert timing

There was funky googlefush and little Sammy Chu Mi Fat
He said here comes the big boss, lets get it on

Yes peeps the Chadster was kung fu fushing & so was the jumping one just about all were around 60 cm's not legal except for one which Rum took home to cook up with baby potato's as soon as he figures out how to get the kung out of the can laugh.gif

Time to move again tide change & off to reverse side of wharfthats when the kung fu fush really started coming on & this is wot they were feeding on

I didn't mind the Kung Fu Fush this time all were caught on 3 kg line & they had no reef to cut us off on they fought clean

In amoungst the kungs which boiled the surface every now & then we caught some snappa's mate but none of legal size along with the snappa's we kept getting blurters not to mention a few nice brimus no studs just good plate size.

Well peeps thats my story & if ewes want to read more go get a copy of the Brady Bunch Script

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Dec 5 2007, 11:12 PM
Post #2

*Bi Catch*

Group: Members

Member No.: 11

That was a good report Jumpy. :thumbs_up:

I see rummy handled your rod quite well? laugh.gif tongue.gif

Did you get the kingfish on lure? If so what size was the lure?

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
poly
post Dec 5 2007, 11:18 PM
Post #3

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

i just love it when the bull script gets turned to full, a top report j g i would think the best yet biggrin.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Fed
post Dec 5 2007, 11:20 PM
Post #4

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

A good result to produce fish on demand Jumpy especially when the weather was against you.
Full marks mate.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
TomMc
post Dec 5 2007, 11:35 PM
Post #5

* Sausage Maker *

Member No.: 1,314

Nice work Jumpus and rum.

If the hawkesbury doesnt fire up next time i go i guess ill have to start fishing the bay... dry.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 6 2007, 12:17 AM
Post #6

His Eminance

Did you get the kingfish on lure? If so what size was the lure?

No plastics produces zip ecept for the blurter, wind made it hard to flick out very light jig heads & I believe they may have produced but had to use the heavier heads which sank to quick.

Did pick up some nice squid plastics today no lead but think they will cast & slowly sink which should make them pretty effective unless feeding fish only want the frogmouths.

i just love it when the bull script gets turned to full, a top report j g i would think the best yet

Poly I've said on many occasions in order to be successfull you need to be versatile & leave you're options open in order to catch fish & yep we had a bit of luck but we also made our own as I generally allways do.

We only started cleaning up when I got Chadd Chadd & myself to change to a wee wee lead the sizw of splitshot no good having your bait on the bottom if the fish are up on top.

Fed !

Mate rarely ever miss out some days are better than others think wot made the day so enjoyable were the light outfits used pretty sure Rum will tell ewes how fun they are you dont need to catch massive big fish smaller ones like the ones we got are just as much fun on light tackle.

If the hawkesbury doesnt fire up next time i go i guess ill have to start fishing the bay...

Tom I've been fishing the Bay for a very long time now & know it pretty well think the prob with the hawkesbury is that peeps only target jewgongs [jewfish which was born in Wollongong] laugh.gif

When you do that you limit yourself to wot you can catch & generally go home empty handed same as Botany Bay not all people catch fish you really need to have an idea of when, where & wot to fish for no different to when I went up to the hawkesbury day out we got sweet bugger all trying for the jewgong but the day was saved in the last hr & 1/2 when on the way home we started throwing SP's @ flathead.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Dec 6 2007, 03:07 AM
Post #7

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Great Report JG, almost feel like i was there!!

Must Say to all....

Jumpus was excelent to go out with, we had some fun, told some stories and best of all I learnt a HEAP and we caught fish...

Sometime's the little things get overlooked, and in all my excitment to catch fish at every oppertunity i get (which is rarly these days) I try too many thing and listen to too many idiots...

The things that I really liked about going out and seeing what and how the master does (which is really the best way to learn i think) was the simple things.... Simple rigs, not these flash things some go on about... The LIGHT gear... I would have never thought 3kg gear would be so much fun, and catch fish of that quality.. It was great... and somthing that surprised me was bait size... Ive always used smaller hooks and smaller bait cause i thought fish couldnt get their gobs around it if it was too big.. Well turns out that they have mouths ALMOST as big as the master himself ;)

I must again give Jumps a MASSIVE thank you and i really had a great time.... Re evaluated my gear (need more light stuff) and Learnt Heaps...

Also Gday and thanks to steve who was there on our return for a chat!

Cant wait for next time Guys!

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Dec 6 2007, 05:00 AM
Post #8

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

I don't quite know where to start that's such a long report for you JGargamel.

Rum in Sydney eh fish'n with JG , sounds like one of Bill & Teds bogus journey's . laugh.gif

Seriously hope you did'nt run into too many di*#heads .

What can i say cept for top report & most importantly some GREAT CATCHES there & not bad fish either , speicly that Trev , you do get mad sized Trevs JG/Chad well done on the landing . tongue.gif

BTW did that Tevor rip you off the anchor ?? cause in the two shots the distance looks heaps diffrent ,prolly just me tho .

And i know watts , seen them big ocean going race boats roar over the top of it one day just after we moved off it cause it was low tide . :o Just outta curiosity how far below the surface does the peak of it sit at low tide i can't remember ??

The funny thing bout seeing that was a boat that looked to be a fishing boat complete with what looked to be a cutting board (or very weird wing LOL) was kicking butt , at least ahead of his class if not 2 ,that was MAD .That big poof in the pink one was winning tho think his name was Stefan. laugh.gif (sorry to get off topic)

& Rum your thankyou speech was very well said mate .

& congrats on your King specialy if it was ya first , JG sucko for having to catch a KingyFishy tongue.gif

& are ya gonna put the Trevor on the List Rum??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Dec 6 2007, 05:09 AM
Post #9

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Yea, best king to date..... only caught smaller one's... first legal fish...

Jumps got the hit so really id call it his fish, I only wound it in... so technically... well I dunno...

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 6 2007, 05:40 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

BTW did that Tevor rip you off the anchor ?? cause in the two shots the distance looks heaps diffrent ,prolly just me tho

Nope same spot Smelly just the wind swinging the boat, I like to let out a fair bit of rope when it's windy & you tend to swing a bit the boat that is nobody wanted to swing with me whilst Rum was my partner

Mind you it was a pretty good size blurter & prob took around 5 minutes to land as well so boat had plenty of time to swing one thing about fishing light gear you must never be in a hurry to land a fish & thats where peeps stuff up you need patience & if the fish wants to take drag let it you'll get it back.

Many moons ago I used to fish a place up @ Pt Stephens called Gunsight in comps so light line was the go to get maxpoints up & up there the blurters were up over 3kg if I recall & you'd be on them for up to an hour on the super light 1 kg outfits.

Just outta curiosity how far below the surface does the peak of it sit at low tide i can't remember ??

around 5 meters depending on tide

--------------------

+Quote Post
Majed
post Dec 6 2007, 08:19 AM
Post #11

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Good report Jumpus. I think chad has confirmed that you are definetely the master. ( not that we ever doubted)

Maybe you need to take all of us out and give us some well needed training. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Dec 6 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #12

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

Great day's fishing Jumpus, good to see that you took the Chad out and got his mind off women for a change, all in all it looked like an enjoyable day, and one that the Chad should remember, there's always room in your memory bank to recall the good days, Cheers to both of you.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
Christos
post Dec 7 2007, 12:08 AM
Post #13

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

That was a very good report. Not much that I can say that has not been already said.

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Dec 7 2007, 04:56 AM
Post #14

*GasMask*

nobody wanted to swing with me whilst Rum was my partner

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Mind you it was a pretty good size blurter & prob took around 5 minutes to land as well so boat had plenty of time to swing one thing about fishing light gear you must never be in a hurry to land a fish & thats where peeps stuff up you need patience & if the fish wants to take drag let it you'll get it back.

Yep my bro done exactly that a while ago . We were getting a few Tevors , just small ones & my Bro comes out to the ledge with his teeny weeny flick stick , i was thinking like Sumo , if ya get done you deserve it , it was rugged country & we had no landing net . Anyway Matt lobs out a peeled prawn & a thumper Trevor smashed it & the fight was on .He was doing realy well until we had a good visual & thats when he lost the plot & would'nt listen to me .I was on the lower ledge & could see it diving for a under water ledge & kept telling him to back off which he did & the fish would stop going for it until about the third dive when he was getting scared about the soft mouth & rushed it & popped the line on the ledge . He was telling eeryone for a week he hooked a GT

Yeah the Tevally is slowly becoming one of my fav species to catch of late . I never used to get any Trevors but over the last couple of years thats all changed with a few good ones getting caught & alot more often too , i even have 3 spots now where i now they'll hang out .

Many moons ago I used to fish a place up @ Pt Stephens called Gunsight in comps so light line was the go to get maxpoints up & up there the blurters were up over 3kg if I recall & you'd be on them for up to an hour on the super light 1 kg outfits.

Yeah me mate keeps telling me of days like that at the old ' Murk ' , reckon Smelly would've ruled that place if i got the chance to fish it aaahahah.BTW i used to fish 2.2pd line aswel , off the rocks & my best fish whilst doing so was a screaming 42cm Big Blue nose bream , with no net & landed on THE worst platform i've ever fished from , i've no pic of that fish but i'll never forget it cause i left it whole to get it weighed but never got it weighed so i had to clean it in the laundry sink at home ____GROSE .

around 5 meters depending on tide

Thanx biggrin.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 18 2007, 01:54 AM
Post #15

His Eminance

QUOTE (Majed @ Dec 7 2007, 03:09 AM) *
Good report Jumpus. I think chad has confirmed that you are definetely the master. ( not that we ever doubted)

Maybe you need to take all of us out and give us some well needed training. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

I was just reading this report thorourly for the 1st time & sorry Majed I'd previously missed what you had asked.

No probs I'm allways out fushing so just yolla.

ps] Have to admit guys I 'm cacking it reading the thread properly for the 1st time laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Dec 18 2007, 02:16 AM
Post #16

*GasMask*

BTW i used to fish 2.2pd line aswel , off the rocks & my best fish whilst doing so was a screaming 42cm Big Blue nose bream , with no net & landed on THE worst platform i've ever fished from , i've no pic of that fish but i'll never forget it cause i left it whole to get it weighed but never got it weighed so i had to clean it in the laundry sink at home ____GROSE .

there ya go Gargamel laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 18 2007, 02:21 AM
Post #17

His Eminance

QUOTE (Smelly @ Dec 18 2007, 09:06 PM) *
there ya go Gargamel laugh.gif laugh.gif

1 . 67 kg Rock Blackfish landed on 1 kg takle no landing net hows that Smerry ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Still remain a club record & has been standing over 25 years

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Dec 18 2007, 02:39 AM
Post #18

*GasMask*

Rocks , boat ????

If rocks

clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif clapping hands.gif Probly an easy platform/ledge.........naaah i reckon them wittle rocks on the edge of the beaches laugh.gif

Got a few (only a few) easy 2kg (well maybe just) off the same ledge but the buggers would carry on that much i'd drop them and they'd flap & slide over the edge .The only ones we could get back to safety were the smaller ones or the bream , being a bit easier to handle .

BTW think that record will stand a little longer too .

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Dec 18 2007, 03:34 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

It was off a ledge in little bay smelly there's a little horse shoe in the rocks the sea's were calm as.

I was not targeting Rock Blackfish but luderick instead this bugger came & took some cabbage I had on my hook.

I think sometimes you've got a better chance landing good fish on lighter lines reason being is that they dont stress out as much & head for cover.

They swim hapily around till they are bugger

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jan 9 2008, 01:42 AM
Post #20

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Here's a pic of another hot water outlet kingy. Caught on a big Sluggo.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2024 - 09:19 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates