Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 20 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Have seen heaps of threads about sea sickness

And of course I have a bit of a giggle rolleyes.gif

I'm curious dose anyone get sea sick on freshwater dams or knows of anyone that does ???

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jan 20 2008, 08:39 AM
Post #2

*Bi Catch*

Group: Members

Member No.: 11

I never get crook, I take Kwells now and that's only for offshore stuff where there's swell and considerable chop. Lakes, estuaries and small bays are fine for me.

I anyone gets sick on freshwater.... omg_smilie.gif brickwall.gif laugh.gif They deserve whatever they get. laugh.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Fed
post Jan 20 2008, 01:24 PM
Post #3

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

I never get crook

Famous last words, why do you take pills?

I've felt a bit ordinary in the Bay.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Jan 20 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #4

*LaVistaBaby*

Member No.: 22

i have never been sick on a freshwater dam or lake,

but ive been in the bay when there has been some pretty hairy swells , even dug the front half of ma boat in a swell once in the bay, and got airborne a few times, pretending i was a 747
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

i normally only get sick when im outside when there is a swell, when ur at the top and you can see land and then when u are in between them and cant see anything ing but water, but ive been 6 kays off shore and it was a flat as anything out there,

ive never taken any of those motion sickness tablets or patches, if there is a swell and im feeling a little sick, i stand up and i feel better,

i find standing up makes things a whole lot easier,

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jan 20 2008, 07:01 PM
Post #5

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

Man i could talk about this subject for hours , YES i do suffer from sea sickness , motion sickness whatever you want to call it .

One of the easiest ways for me to bring it on is to sit in the backseat of a moving car & read something .Yep i also get it on a boat but i'll fight it for as long as i can & usualy spin people out when i give up & have a ralph , they think it's just come on but i would have been fighting it for a while .

Yep i've taken the tablets & tried everything else for that matter & yeah the tablets work but they have side effects & for me i have to remember to also have one after a few hours on the boat cause they wear off quick with me.

I only take tab's & stuff if i'm going outside , yeah i'll sometimes get crook on river's & remember a few times when i was feeling a bit grey around the gills on the Bay during big swells but a soon as i had a beer i'd be right , me mate reckons it's the yeast .

Never been on a freshwater dam but imagine i'd be fine , it's realy only the swell .But here's something you may find funny , if i'm fishing the rocks & the swells pumping i can get a bit crook too .

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jan 20 2008, 08:46 PM
Post #6

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

I went out with the Master one time. Smooth water inside and little zephyrs of wind. I heard a loud bbbbrrrrrraaarrrp and felt vibration through the hull. There was a wild thermal of wind and I barfed. Yep the Master had farted.

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Jan 20 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #7

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Smelly @ Jan 21 2008, 02:01 PM) *
Man i could talk about this subject for hours , YES i do suffer from sea sickness , motion sickness whatever you want to call it .

One of the easiest ways for me to bring it on is to sit in the backseat of a moving car & read something .Yep i also get it on a boat but i'll fight it for as long as i can & usualy spin people out when i give up & have a ralph , they think it's just come on but i would have been fighting it for a while .

Yep i've taken the tablets & tried everything else for that matter & yeah the tablets work but they have side effects & for me i have to remember to also have one after a few hours on the boat cause they wear off quick with me.

I only take tab's & stuff if i'm going outside , yeah i'll sometimes get crook on river's & remember a few times when i was feeling a bit grey around the gills on the Bay during big swells but a soon as i had a beer i'd be right , me mate reckons it's the yeast .

Never been on a freshwater dam but imagine i'd be fine , it's realy only the swell .But here's something you may find funny , if i'm fishing the rocks & the swells pumping i can get a bit crook too .

hey Smell im going up and down up and down round and round up and down. Riding in the back seat of my cadilac laugh.gif

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Jan 20 2008, 11:08 PM
Post #8

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

whats sea sickness? lol

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jan 20 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #9

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

I never get crook

QUOTE (Fed @ Jan 21 2008, 08:24 AM) *
Famous last words, why do you take pills?

Because I don't get crook when I take the pills. Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... tongue.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

No side effects for me, usually the one the night before and the one just before heading out is enough for a session (~6hrs). But sometimes I need one more if the conditions are really bad. rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Jan 20 2008, 11:31 PM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jan 21 2008, 12:12 AM
Post #10

*GasMask*

Alright here's a good one .

I was'nt there but can relay the story for ya's .

A heap of blokes from work went out on a charter , one bloke was constantly hurling & everyone gave him heaps for it .

Near the end of the day this bloke was a real goner & was getting lazy with his spews getting a bit on the deck & such so he got told to get it over the side .

He rose to his feet took a few steps & started to heave again , being aware of the captains rising temper he tried to stop the spew with his hands & it was seeping or spurting threw his fingers & as he went to take another step it all came spraying out .

They reckon it flew through the air like a big sticky , wobbleing , spider web until it wrapped around this other dudes leg . That's when the bloke with it on his leg started screaming ' get it off , i don't care how ya do it just get it off '

I think they rinsed him with the hose .

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Christos
post Jan 21 2008, 01:59 AM
Post #11

Kokino Vraka

Member No.: 220

I have not been sick on the river or the bay so far. I have gone deep sea fishing only once and have been sick. It was so bad that it was a very quick return back to land.

I have a story for you guys. My friend has gone deep sea fishing with another 20 or so people and he felt sick. So he just thru up and kept fishing. He was feeling hungry after getting rid of what he had for breakfast and so ate a very greasy sausage. In just a little while up that came and this time it was easier to get rid because of the grease. Went back to fishing. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 21 2008, 02:11 AM
Post #12

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

I was actually been serious when I asked the Q /

As yet noby has been able to tell me if people get sick on Dams or rivers etc.

I know the term Sea Sick relates to being out @ sea but I believe Dams can get quite choppy if the wind comes up as well

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jan 21 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #13

*GasMask*

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jan 21 2008, 09:11 PM) *
I was actually been serious when I asked the Q /

& so too was i with both of my reply's , like you always say 'go back & re-read wot i wrote ' .And just cause i know you WON'T ,ave a look below . biggrin.gif

YES i do get sick on rivers , shi7 i even get sick on the rocks BUT NO neva been on a Dam & like i said before it's not wind chop it's the bloody swell that does it so i'd say NO & agree with CnR anyone who does deserves it . laugh.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th August 2024 - 05:34 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates