Spudly
post Apr 29 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #1

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Here We Go!!

Day 1 - Red Weed and Rain!
Well the first day i poked out into JB and just stayed around Plantation Point as the southerly was blowing and i had some protection from the wind, a few drift along the beach and a few along callala beach all resulted in nothing but red bloody weed and a small red fish which apparently lives in the weed. Was good to be on the water anyway so not all was bad. A nice surf and turf at Husky pub and a few shooies fisnished the day nicley

Day 2 - Session One
Headed out to basically the same area, as the day before, anchored up on the drop just off plantation point, burleyed up and same thing, red bloody weed, Had one good hit, which lasted 30 seconds, which bring me to another question? I was trying Circle hooks that were reccomended to me? Of all the hits all weekend they didnt seen to hold? could it be they dont work?
Also tryed the same thing off Callala Point, threw a few plastics at the rocks and no luck. More Red Weed

Day 2 - Session Two (The CHAOS)
Picked up my mate who drove down from sydney and left husky around midday, headed straight for the heads and at around middle ground started to notice a rising water level in the floor of the boat? bilge pump was on and pumping away but the water was rising!!!!!!! What now seems like the smartest thing ive ever done was to head for honey moon bay which was the closest beach to see what was going on.. 15mins later with a boat that would no longer plane and water up to our knees we VERY Luckily made it to the beach. We removed thee floor of the boat to find that along the keel of the boat a 15inch split along a weld had opened up to a 5mm gap! Thats the end of our fishing so it would seem, but how do we get home? The trailer and car at husky and us at honeymoon bay boat ramp! Good old dad did a two hour drive from Nerriga picked up the trailer (mind you while taking the trailer off my car and putting it on his at wollamia boat ramp not a single person questioned him????) So we had a few hours fishing off the beach and having a few cans and just our luck!! a 38cm Bream took my 6lb rig, had a great sort fight with him and was in higher spirits again... That night we got extremly drunk and tormented possoms back at the caravan park..

Day 3 - umm, yea...
Well once we got up, we headed into south nowra to find someone to weld up our boat, and i would like to send massive thanks to Rod at predator boats for helping us out and getting us back on the water, So with the split repaired we decided to tow out and launch from honey moon bay again. We tryed a few differant areas, on the bomby, out from the toobes, trolled around, drifted middle ground and all with just a few yellowtails and a few undersized snapper, then decided to head back in and drift along outy the front of the honey moon boat ramp hoping there might be some more large bream or some squid over the weeds... Well squid there was! and we had a ball, pulling in a good sized squid on every second cast! covered in ink and pissing ourselfs laughing tryong to get the squid to the boat before the small leather jacket ate them which happened a few times, man them things are crazy, even destroying a few squid jigs and plastics, like bloody piranas. Ended up with a massive feed and a good end to the day. though it wasnt over!!!
Once the boat was on the trailer i had left my sedona in the water with a squid on it just incase something came along while we cleaned the squidies up.... and something did... on full drag and finger on the spool i watched my full spool of fireline dissapear in under 20 seconds and snap! Holy fu(<, there were massive rays everywhere having a feed on our squid wings and heads...
Bugger this, havnt caught anything on the new tiagra yet!! so a large hook, wire trace and a squid head and dropped it in front of a ray that would have been nearly 2 meters from wing tip to wing tip and zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom,
Had a great hilarious 15min fight off the beach in gimble and all untill the line snapped from rubbing on the rocks!!

It had to end up one of the funniest fishing trips of my life and i will definatly be going back!!!

ps, the sweet chilli squid was GREAT!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fish
post Apr 29 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #2

*Fingers*

Group:

Member No.: 10

Hi Chad,
Well a bit of everything there,as long as you had fun,sounds like it ;) .

Regards

Fish

ps Happy birthday again I hope u find one of these.

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 29 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #3

*FruitLoop* 53

still working on finding one of them....

there all crazy... the last one is still trying to kill me.. hope she gets back on her medication soon!!

Yea, wasnt what wed hoped for but was still a good weekend

+Quote Post
hustler57
post Apr 29 2007, 05:32 PM
Post #4

*LaVistaBaby*

Group: Members

Member No.: 22

at least you had a good weekend there, to bad about the boat your lucky you made it to the beach,

--------------------
............GLOBAL WARMING............

HIGHER SEA LEVELS

MORE FISHING SPOTS

BRING IT ON

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 29 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #5

the yack man

Member No.: 4

top read mate to bad about the boat aney idear y it cracked,

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 29 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #6

*FruitLoop* 53

there is a 5mm gap between the ribs and the floor, poor construction i would assume and too much movement has caused it to crack along the weld.

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 29 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #7

the yack man

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ Apr 30 2007, 05:11 PM) *
there is a 5mm gap between the ribs and the floor, poor construction i would assume and too much movement has caused it to crack along the weld.
sounds like u would have a case if u wonted to push it, i would at least have a talk to the mob that should u the boat if they AR any good they will fix it just to keep a customer happy

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 30 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #8

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

So you took the boat to Gerrigong to get it welded hey ?

Weld didn't crack the skin did.

When they weld those tinny's they're welding light to heavier gauge Alloy that 5 mm gap didn't help cause every time the biat came down off a wave or even on the trailer for that matter.

Skin flex's & with no support it cracked same way a piece of metal will crack if you wirked it backwards then forwards repeatively with your hands.

Chadd you Ninny laugh.gif

I carry a stick on the boat which I use to tap the aquid on the back with to get them to aquirt B4 coming into the boat, good fun when you've got a noob on the boat you tell them to come have a look @ the squid.

In the meantime I'm positioning the squid for the bullseye shot laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 30 2007, 02:43 AM
Post #9

*FruitLoop* 53

what fun would that be!!!!

bloody leather jackets were a pain in the ass.. and we were just having a good old laugh after a few tiering days.

Predator Boats at south nowra was where i got it fixed, and again id like to thank him for doing it straight away for us when i dont think he was even open..

It had cracked along the edge of the weld, you are correct JDG..

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 30 2007, 06:42 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Has Rod still got that ZZ Top beard ?? laugh.gif
His partner Steve used to live up here in Sydney & worked for Broadbill 25 years back originally started building his own Alloy Cats they were called Condoor Cats.

Untill Ross Hunter sued him for copywrite hadn't seen him for years till I ran into him in Gerrigong building the Predators

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Apr 30 2007, 06:58 AM
Post #11

*GasMask*

Group: Members

Member No.: 26

That's a gr8 read there Chad,
Not that much of a disaster as now you have some gr8 memoies that will live with you forever biggrin.gif

Brought back some memories for me too,i remember hooking and fighting a ray that must of weighed 60-70kgs in Botany years ago.The bite was that of a pesky little Bream,you know pic up,run,drop.So ilet him run with it while counting to five then BANG i set the hook and watched as line slowly left the spool,i increased drag & fish went harder,anyway we found out it had a "3speed" as my last join knot went threw my finger's.My mate gunned the 200merc & i had my precious line back.
we got the beast along side the boat when my mate went in for a picy and nearly got knocked outta the boat as the wing of this massive ray came outta the water :blink: .It made a massive explosion on the surface as it screamed off,no not again i thought so i popped him off.

BTW i was told once,by a chick of all people,to pluck the line like guitar when a ray 'bottoms out',after giving it a go a few times all i can say is it gets'em fired up mad.gif

anyway looking forward to more post's like that

cheers
SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2024 - 04:48 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates