Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tackle Shows
jack
post May 1 2008, 06:15 PM
Post #1

*Back Better*

Group: Donator

Member No.: 2,560

When will there be a tackle/boat show in the sydney area?

Brisbane just had a boat and tackle show, when is there one in sydney?
Do these have a lot of tackle as well or mostly boats?

Jack

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christos
post May 1 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Kokino Vraka

Group: Members

Member No.: 220

Jack

I think that the link you want is this one.

http://www.4x4show.com.au/

They do not have the information for the Sydney show as yet and by what I gathered it could be in November.

I went last year but do not remember which month (November ?). They do have good bargains and a lot of things to play with, but last year the prices were not that good.

Here is something that I will post on what happened. I walked in and you would normally start from one place and just walk around. Well as it turned out I missed the first row and found something that I though was good. I asked the price and he told me. I put it down and kept walking. I found another store that had a display buy four for the X price. Then if you divide that by four it was still more expensive than the single one on offer at the first store that I went to.

So buyer beware.

+Quote Post
poly
post May 1 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #3

the yack man

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (jack @ May 2 2008, 12:15 PM) *
When will there be a tackle/boat show in the sydney area?

Brisbane just had a boat and tackle show, when is there one in sydney?
Do these have a lot of tackle as well or mostly boats?

Jack

Jack
the Sydney boat show is on between JULY31 and AUGUST5 they have a fair bit of fishing tackle there as well. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Spudly
post May 2 2008, 12:34 AM
Post #4

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Same thing every year.. And it gets you in the mood to buy more shite that ya dont need!

I always end up going to batemans bay show and its the same year in year out.. Ill prob go again this year!

+Quote Post
Christos
post May 2 2008, 02:02 AM
Post #5

Kokino Vraka

QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ May 2 2008, 06:34 PM) *
Same thing every year.. And it gets you in the mood to buy more shite that ya dont need!

I always end up going to batemans bay show and its the same year in year out.. Ill prob go again this year!

Hang on this is what you said last year. Did you cut and paste from that thread last year?

+Quote Post
Spudly
post May 2 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #6

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Yep... Same topic comes up every year and same answers seem to appear every year and same people get jipped by going and thinking they are getting a bargain and they are not..

Good thing about them is if your after a product then everything is there to compare it against, say if your after a new boat..

+Quote Post
poly
post May 2 2008, 03:00 AM
Post #7

the yack man

Member No.: 4

well i will most likely go to the boat show this year not that i am in the market to buy as my poly hasen't melted yet, but we might be able to find one to suit rum hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
jack
post May 2 2008, 03:02 AM
Post #8

*Back Better*

thanks for the replies guys. Nothing in the immediate future than

Jack

--------------------

+Quote Post
Christos
post May 3 2008, 01:23 AM
Post #9

Kokino Vraka

QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ May 2 2008, 08:50 PM) *
Good thing about them is if your after a product then everything is there to compare it against, say if your after a new boat..

The show is a lot of fun. I had played with a few things and purchased something. Last show was not as good as the previous show in what I was expecting. They will tell you that they get bigger and better every year but for last year that was not the case.

I know that I will go to the coming one and I will again try and find out if I can get discounted tickets but that does not always happen.

Here is something for you guys. If you hear of a way to get discounted tickets please let me know. smile.gif

+Quote Post
jack
post May 3 2008, 01:35 AM
Post #10

*Back Better*

QUOTE (Christos @ May 2 2008, 04:37 PM) *
Jack

I think that the link you want is this one.

http://www.4x4show.com.au/

They do not have the information for the Sydney show as yet and by what I gathered it could be in November.

I went last year but do not remember which month (November ?). They do have good bargains and a lot of things to play with, but last year the prices were not that good.

Here is something that I will post on what happened. I walked in and you would normally start from one place and just walk around. Well as it turned out I missed the first row and found something that I though was good. I asked the price and he told me. I put it down and kept walking. I found another store that had a display buy four for the X price. Then if you divide that by four it was still more expensive than the single one on offer at the first store that I went to.

So buyer beware.

Ahumm I checked the link and found out that melbourne is around sydney tongue.gif

Thanks Christos, but a bit far away....unless you are driving and I can sleep in the passenger seat off course hysterical.gif

Jack

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2024 - 03:34 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates