Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fushun Yesterday
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 26 2007, 08:10 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well peeps took the big goat yesterday plan was to fush one of the outside spots hadn't been there for some time & it generally produces good Reds theis time of year not to mention chance of Jew with rjhe turn of tide.

Well we got Zip nuttin there but in the Bay on the way out trying to get some yakka's I did have some fun with Mr Salmon unfortunately there was no Mrs Salmon

Hooked him right about the time Matchu & Son rocked up coming in from morns fishing out wide pulling lures said they came in because they bagged out but I reckon they were low on fuel, silly people going out that far with only one fuel tank & limited fuel nit silly bloody stupid in my books.

Anyways they gor teeny weeny yellow fins ideal size to bridle up & troll out the back for biggarus marlins they also got Albys & believe it or not a gemfish which took a lure here's a pic of the yft & thats my rod bending in the corner with mr salmon on the end of it

Well we rhen came back inside the bay to the Jumpus secret spot after fushing outside later in the arvo when Cheif Daek Cmould was smoking peace pipe with General Lightrod up in the skies & some bugger was doing wee wee all over my tee pee so on came the raincoats.

Well not as good as earlier in the week fush wise but did manage one My Brimus & plenty of blurters both on plastic & bait

Anyways Jumpus hooked sum ting on plastic that went spastic managed to get line back on it a couple of times then it would peel it straight back off again in no time + more ended up finding reef & doing a number on me , it fought dirty & deep my money was on one of those bloody annoying Hung Fu Fush's they frequent that spot alot.

I could see the Reds on the sounder but for some reason they didn't want to come on the chew which happens only to often for my liking

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Oct 26 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #2

*Bi Catch*

Group: Members

Member No.: 11

Why do you hate Kingfish so much? IMO one of the best sportfish in the ocean and on light gear would be awesome fun! B)

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 26 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #3

His Eminance

I'm blaming that Fed chappy all he ever wanted to do was jig for kung fu fush laugh.gif

The ewe had the likes of the Kay Kay Winks runing up & down your burley traol whilst trying to catch real fish like YFT hysterical.gif

Really cant see how ewe can rate them as one of the best sportfish esp when everybody seems to chase them with rope on their reels I'm afraid thats not sportsfishing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fed
post Oct 27 2007, 10:57 AM
Post #4

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

A nice report Jumpy, I bet you were glad to be in the big boat when the rain came down.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Oct 27 2007, 02:19 PM
Post #5

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

ONE Salmon ,One little Bream, and 1 Trevally, and you recon I travelled halfway across Aus to catch LeatherJackets.

I probably didn't use as much fuel on my 3 week trip as you did to catch your 3 fish in the rain.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
poly
post Oct 27 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #6

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

good one SOMO hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

it's good to see u out there trying master ;) ;) ;)

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 28 2007, 12:53 AM
Post #7

His Eminance

Cant beat the big boat Fed you can sit & fish under the hardtop + it blocks any wind when on anchor

good one SOMO

Are ewe 4 real poly ???? laugh.gif laugh.gif

& plenty of blurters both on plastic & bait

Think ewe better read the report again SUMO laugh.gif laugh.gif

Thing was we were only out there for a few hrs not 3 weeks hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

& I had a handicap with me that STEVE bloke laugh.gif

As far as that Marchu chappy goes picked him on that day like most fishermen he was full of shite caught up with him @ the ramp 2day & amazing how rhe stoty changed

Bagged Out

My SmellyFarTing.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Oct 28 2007, 05:13 AM
Post #8

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

go gettem sumo no mercy cause you will shown no mercy ...fechem rex.......

+Quote Post
Arnie Dog
post Oct 29 2007, 02:21 AM
Post #9

*The Dog Master*

Member No.: 17

:whistling: :whistling: Believe it or not gentlemen there is still a lot of fun and fish to catch off the rocks and a bloke will spend no money on fuel except to drive to spot X and come home with a good feed. J.A.T :whistling: :whistling:

--------------------

The George Street Shuffle

+Quote Post
blinkywilliam
post Oct 29 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #10

Tiddler

Member No.: 576

hey summo least jumps didnt get bogged in the time he was out an didnt have to walk 15ks for help laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Yo Blinky

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 29 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #11

His Eminance

QUOTE (blinkywilliam @ Oct 30 2007, 04:53 PM) *
hey summo least jumps didnt get bogged in the time he was out an didnt have to walk 15ks for help laugh.gif laugh.gif

Onya blinky

Bet he didn't tell you how he jumps in the drivers seat of my 4WD drove it like a lunatic then wonfered why I kicked him out the car

--------------------

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Oct 30 2007, 12:16 AM
Post #12

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Member No.: 13

I'll just have to remember not to ever do anything for you blokes that makes life easier for you,
Jumpus you will buy these fancy 4wdrives that are not capable of travelling on rough terrain,

and Blinky I didn't hear you complain about all the sleeping you did while I drove all the way to SA and Back while you were SNORING.
and I walked the 15 k's to get to a phone while you were asleep with your phone hidden in the glovebox.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
blinkywilliam
post Oct 30 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #13

Tiddler

Member No.: 576

sorry summo had to tell them i new u were not going to and by the way i only relized i had a mobil after u left with the sh#$#s havin been so stupid to be there any way B) mad.gif :TazSpin2:

--------------------

Yo Blinky

+Quote Post
Mully
post Oct 30 2007, 06:31 AM
Post #14

Shark

Member No.: 720

Nice session out there mate good variety of fishes.. but must admit kingys are fun on light gear They would kick anyones butt if not experianced enough

--------------------
YOU MUST SHOW RESPECT TO GET IT IN RETURN, NEVER PRESUME YOU DESERVE IT.....

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 30 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #15

His Eminance

Jumpus you will buy these fancy 4wdrives that are not capable of travelling on rough terrain,

And yet knowing this you chose to drive it like a maniac ??

People have been shot for lesser offences even worse heard of one guy getting poked with a telescopic stick hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Tell me SUMO !

Wasn't the Rodeo that got bogged was it ??

Not the 4wd that can leap tall mountains in a single bound

Able to cross flooded rivers with the flick of a gear

Faster than a hopping euro

The Legend of the final Frontier able to go where no other 4WD has gone B4

Ewe talking about that 4WD ???????????? laugh.gif laugh.gif

but must admit kingys are fun on light gear They would kick anyones butt if not experianced enough

Love the light gear but fish like kings & light gear dont mix if there's shallow reef around actually thought I had the upper hand on it @ one stage when it was playing clean in the deeper water then it changed direction

--------------------

+Quote Post
poly
post Oct 30 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #16

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

ooooh good we are back on thread, must say i have never boated a kingy and by the sounds of things i mostlikly never will as i fish as light as i can.
SUMO how did u get bogged please explain hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif did u enjoy the walk laugh.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
kkw
post Oct 30 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #17

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Member No.: 30

Been a couple of months since I have had a kingy on. Last one was a biggie. Saw them follow a SP back to the boat, so I clipped on a Sluggo. Plopped it next to the starboard marker at Mollineux and cranked the handle only once or twice and SMASH. I got one - no I don't!!! It just swam around the pylon within the first second and a half. - Ping -. laugh.gif Where did I put that 30lb gear..

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Oct 31 2007, 03:47 AM
Post #18

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

I love the fact that you don't win every fight with any fish. If I did, I would get bored of the whole thing. The fact that a king always has the chance of freedom keeps me thinking about how to out smart them and out play them so that they can't bust me off. Same goes for tailor, jew, bream...any species. I fish mostly for sport, it's not very often I fish specifically for a feed. That's why I always pack light.

Try targetting schooling kingfish busting up on the surface with 8lb braid, awesome fun but it'll be a battle all the way to the boat! Trying to put enough pressure to stop them from getting to the bottom, but not so much you break the line itself!

15-20lb is a good place to start whether using bait or lures. They'll still take line and still bust you off, but you will always be in for a shot as you'll have some head turning power.

However I have seen guys fishing with 80lb braid still get done on the reefs by BIG kings.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 31 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

Gogglefush I've seen kings in a way unfortunately for you unless you travel to lord howe or similar

You will never see & I'm talking here off Sydney as well

Some of the old boys here will remember what it was like I just got tired of fishing for them.

And even back then all I used was max 10 kg outfit

Kings just dont do it for me anymore & I'd rather be fishing for snapper or Bream quite enjoy that sort of fishing these days.

But if I really want to get amounst some top sportfish then I'll chase tuna or billfish, kings just dont compare

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th July 2024 - 12:34 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates