> We Tried
STEVE.P
post Jul 22 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #1

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Group: Members

Member No.: 6

Hi everybody.
Well today we went out wide in seach of tuna, the day started at 6.30 am boat loaded , fueled up and the thought of a tuna being caught .

We headed out from Botany Bay , the swell was up and it was a slow to moderet push to the horizon,
JG had just put in a new sounder in, after a short while we started to push a few buttons :huh: to see what it can do . eventually we got the temp to work and it was about 17deg. A bit cool .

We finally got to were we wanted and started to cube . after a few drifts hopes weren't to high. as we got the feeling it wasn't going to hapen. unlike the dream I had the night before biggrin.gif It wasn't a wet one , but but one that I caught a 60+kg and I had a big grin on my face. biggrin.gif

After about 1pm we came in closer to the shelf. again hopes weren't to high on my part. water was a bit greenish and still 17deg. We stayed for about another couple of hr's and decided to call it a day.

We tried but they didn't want to play. Ah well theres allways next time.

Conditions keep changing week by week, temp, water colour , currents. these play an important role But if your not out there trying you wont get anything.
I was hoping to put a pick up but it will have to wait till next time.

cheers Steve.

--------------------
Goony Googoo
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
poly
post Jul 22 2007, 01:11 AM
Post #2

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

well written Steve, bad luck or should i say sh$t happens look at it this way they will be fatter next time, fight harder and spit in the eye of the disbeliever biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jul 22 2007, 01:14 AM
Post #3

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

Was fish'n syd and we seen a heap of boats go out the heads and head down the coast,in the middle of some foul wheather,thought there must've been some good fish on.
I know one thing theres no way i would've gone outside today.Not even in JG's boat.

Better luck next time
U Brave souls

SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Jul 22 2007, 01:16 AM
Post #4

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

I'll have to go to bed earlyer and dream of a biger one biggrin.gif
and hope I dont put the gaff in the wife laugh.gif

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jul 22 2007, 01:34 AM
Post #5

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

Maybe god doesn't want you to catch fish? tongue.gif laugh.gif

Better luck next time. smile.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 22 2007, 01:35 AM
Post #6

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Smelly @ Jul 22 2007, 07:04 PM) *
Was fish'n syd and we seen a heap of boats go out the heads and head down the coast,in the middle of some foul wheather,thought there must've been some good fish on.
I know one thing theres no way i would've gone outside today.Not even in JG's boat.

Better luck next time
U Brave souls

SMELLY

Mate it was actually quite good out there esp after the day progressed I had no probs doing 15 knots all the way out once I cleared 2 miles out past the heads it's always @ it's worse there.

Coming back in hit a comfortable 25 knots all the way home you can see how flat it got only took a couple of pics of SUMO's DUCK sea's were pretty flat

As I said in the shouting box heard very little about captures on the radio's except one of xtosea's mates dropped a 20 kg fish @ the boat reason given was gear failure other than that report think everybody else caught same as us.

Siera Foxtrot Alpha

Oh Yeah STEVE thought he could make the water temp warmer by hitting a few buttons on the new sounder but I told him I hadn't conected the heater elements to it yet laugh.gif laugh.gif

There was no temp change all the way out remained constant @ 17 degrees & we did stop off for a snapper fish inside the bay for an 1 hr again no good temp inside the bay was 14 degrees

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jul 22 2007, 01:39 AM
Post #7

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

Bird got hooked up to a pilly. Was it OK? :(

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Jul 22 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #8

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Thought we had a hook up on albacor,

but was line tangle with albertros

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 22 2007, 01:53 AM
Post #9

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Jul 22 2007, 07:29 PM) *
Bird got hooked up to a pilly. Was it OK? :(

Thats my mate DUCKGONZO he was alright just had the line wrapped around it's wing

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Jul 22 2007, 02:15 AM
Post #10

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

Yeah looks heaps flatter than inside Syd Hds.

If ya do hook them elements up ,i'd be whack'n'em under the seats....mmmm,nice and warm.

How many times did that bird go ya?

SMELLY

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Jul 22 2007, 02:31 AM
Post #11

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

As you know my mates lost a fin of about 20-25kg at the boat but it suddenly grew on their way home to 35kg?????????
Anyway the boat i was trying toget "Tanglefoot" got a 80kg Mako, and lost a monster Tuna after 3hrs on 15kg, they got their fish near the anchored Tanker we could see at one stage Sout Est of Browns, it took a whole dead slimey, theywere cut to say the least, one boat got a 5kg Albacore, thats about it, other sharks tagged at Browns too.
Im wrecked!!!

Just found out another boat i know got 15kg Albacore and 3 Fin to the same amount
Kamil

This post has been edited by xtosea: Jul 22 2007, 02:43 AM

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 22 2007, 02:45 AM
Post #12

His Eminance

Na he was a Well Behaved DUCKGONZO Smelly didn't go me @ all & Yep allways in close is worse that out wider you've got all that water coming in & out of estuaries + all the backwash off the coast I always find the further out you go the flatter it gets BUT there's always exceptions to that rule.

Prob why couldn't get Tanglepussy on the radio & I said that if my boat is on a good fish the last thing I want to do is yap to everyone till the fish is in the boat.

laugh.gif laugh.gif Yep recall your mate calling that fish in @ 20 kg obviously it didn't go to Jenny Craig after it busted them off laugh.gif laugh.gif

There was nowhere near the amount of fish out there 2day as compared to the other week & it looks like my prediction came true when I said the schoolies weren;t around @day & if we were going to get a strike it would've been a big fish.

Did you notice the worried look on my face when I looked @ the 10 kg outfit I was fishing with ?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 23 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #13

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

Any update on how they went extosea????

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 23 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #14

His Eminance

He told you Rum laugh.gif laugh.gif

Whilst on the subject of tuna should really be posting this in Googlfish's thread about the 105 kg Bluefin cause I was told 2day it was actually caught on the peak & not @ The Sth Canyons as everybody says it was.

I dont know how much truth is in the report but it wouldn't surprise me @ all if it were caught at the peak if anyone recalls a few months back there was a good run of Sth Blues in close some even taken off the rocks

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 23 2007, 01:58 AM
Post #15

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

when he left last night, there was still a boat out 5 hours into a fight.. just wondering if they landed it?

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Jul 23 2007, 03:32 PM
Post #16

*One Block*

No further news as i was in bed all night last night, with terrible migraine which i suffer from badly!

Got to find out about the fish from another mate, if i find anything out will let you guys know, those big fish were hooked off Kiama, so not anywhere near where most were fishing, they still on their way up! 5hrs on 37kg, thats a long fight! and still going when i went to bed apparently, if i find anything else up i will post.

Just wanted to say the other day but i forgot as was really knackered!

A big THANK YOU to Jumpus for a top day out, time spent with the best company i have spent out there! His boat is unreal, the taste of music superb, we had tunes cranking the whole day! What a day, looking forward to next time brother, and a big thanks to Steve.P another character like his bro, two top guys with some stories to tell, once again thanks you boys!

Kamil

This post has been edited by xtosea: Jul 23 2007, 03:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 24 2007, 02:28 AM
Post #17

His Eminance

Yeah well I didn't like the water temp from the start last sunday never differed all the way out not what you call being confident inside my head cant win them all there's good days & bad days.

Only one thing for certain you have to get out regularly if you want to catch the fish & thats something I haven't been doing of late it was a top day today & drove by the bay which was flat as.

Things can change overnight & thats what I'm hoping will happen a current line or 2 to arrive off Sydney cause I think I'm back out there on thursday to give them another shot.

If those fish were hooked off Kiama think the Canyons are worth another shot

ps] Mark from Furuno came around yesterday & think we've sorted out the transducer

--------------------

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Jul 24 2007, 03:37 AM
Post #18

*One Block*

The canyons are definitely worht another shot that was a half mile patch of bait at least that we saw on the sounder, good that you sorted the minute problem too, i think you should do ok, my mates were out today and got nothing also in my boat.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th July 2024 - 09:47 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates