> I Have Been Broken In....
Bees Knees
post Jun 13 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #1

Twoeyesea

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,659

Morning guys..

Some of you would have read already about my sojorn into the big blue. So this is for the rest of you as well.

I stuck my hand up to go on a charter chasing YFT. With the bad weather lately and forcasted, the window of opprtunity couldn't of been any better. Clear skies, no swell, brilliant.

Once out there we looked for the water to chase these beasts.. We cubed and cubed and cubed some more. Finally after some 4-5 hours my line started to peel. Very patiently i thumbed my overhead counting to 8 and locked up to a loaded gun. After about 30 secs i was bitten off. I thought there goes my opprtunity. Pete said it was a shark. I didn't know. I was just thinking that's it. Then a while later the Blue shark came up and said hello. We were told that this thing would have eaten our trail and we decided to move back to Browns.
Attached File  blueshark_1.jpg ( 42.22K ) Number of downloads: 24
Attached File  blueshark_2.jpg ( 23.44K ) Number of downloads: 21

Heading back there we saw some tuna leaping out of the water so we stopped and gave them a go for a short while to no avail.

Finally back to Browns we began cubing again and my line started to peel after a couple of minutes. Very patiently again, i waited for my strike and i was on... I haven't felt power like this before.. It was stripping and then i'd get some back. Neil had one on by now and my tackle failed. As i was reeling back in Chris was on also.. I was re-rigged in record time and ready to go back in when i was told to wait until we boated on so we didn't get tangled. Longest 10 minutes of my life.

But with 1 boated i was back in. I didn't take lomg, we could see them buzzing around the boat.. Once again i'm on, after a minute of fight, i had the feeling that this one was here to stay. With all the mayhem, adrenelin and power, i realised i didn't have a gimble on and there was some pain in the bean bag region. hysterical.gif After a little abuse, i was fitted with a gimble and relaxed into fighting the fish. By this time Chris had his on the deck

Big powerful circles, heading for the motors, i wasn't giving in. She finally come to the surface and the gaff was deployed. Once my tuna was on the deck,we all giggled like school kids
Attached File  my_first_yft.jpg ( 42.13K ) Number of downloads: 21

Now i know these aren't supposed to be big fish. Mine was called for 35kg. The scales weren't workin. It was heavy to pick up for the photo (even with my arms). A lot hevier than a bag of cement. My guess would be aroung 30kg. But i don't care. I have something in the memory bank that i haven't experienced before, and i'm hooked.

Hope i didn't bore you all too much and thanks for reading smile1.gif

Attached File  3tuna.jpg ( 59.88K ) Number of downloads: 12
Attached File  neilm_yft.jpg ( 36.47K ) Number of downloads: 15
Attached File  chris_yft.jpg ( 49.48K ) Number of downloads: 12

Attached File(s)
Attached File  chris_yft.jpg ( 49.7K ) Number of downloads: 11

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
alex
post Jun 13 2008, 03:51 PM
Post #2

Snapper

Member No.: 2,587

well done bee's so whens the next trip out beats river fishing !! haha no offence to the river fisho's but its non stop action when its on !!!

congrats when r we goin back to the motor boat club to celebrate ??

--------------------
Of all marlin species the pacific blue is KING. Nothing runs as fast jumps as high or goes totally ballistic like a blue.

Its not that you find A BLUE - A BLUE finds you

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jun 13 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #3

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Great experience Jed. Congrats. Still waiting for my invite. They all reckon I'm too old and will keel over from the excitement.

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Jun 13 2008, 04:02 PM
Post #4

Twoeyesea

KKW, you have to get out there. Id like to get out with Jumpy, but i think he'd take too long with the gimble. hysterical.gif He'd probably laugh at me, and tell me 'to be a man' hysterical.gif I'm sporting a nice bruise super.gif

Alex, anytime.. All i need is a passport and i'm there. P.S. nice boat fish.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jun 13 2008, 04:04 PM
Post #5

Yeah, I watched the video of Steve putting the gimbal belt on Salty Fil (I think) and he seemed to take an awful long time in close behind him. I would be putting the gimbal on BEFORE I hooked into a fish.

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Jun 13 2008, 04:17 PM
Post #6

Twoeyesea

QUOTE (kkw @ Jun 14 2008, 10:04 AM) *
Yeah, I watched the video of Steve putting the gimbal belt on Salty Fil (I think) and he seemed to take an awful long time in close behind him. I would be putting the gimbal on BEFORE I hooked into a fish.

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif No need to read between the lines there hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
salty fil
post Jun 13 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #7

*Suretus Anus*

Member No.: 2,582

Cheeky fellas!
Well done Bees. It was a better read this time round than the other site.
I just watched the video of my trip out with Jumpy. Ive never seen a more excited person in my life!!!
Its funny how you behave when you hook your first fin. I feel like an idiot to even show it to my mates!
Oh well, il propably behave the same again aswell!!! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
kkw
post Jun 13 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #8

Yeah, you were a bit excited. One thing I did notice on the vid though - when Steve was putting the belt on you, you were fighting the fish. You are supposed to lean back on the rod and not forward when Steve is in that close behind you. hysterical.gif

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Jun 13 2008, 05:06 PM
Post #9

Twoeyesea

QUOTE (salty fil @ Jun 14 2008, 10:31 AM) *
Cheeky fellas!
Well done Bees. It was a better read this time round than the other site.
I just watched the video of my trip out with Jumpy. Ive never seen a more excited person in my life!!!
Its funny how you behave when you hook your first fin. I feel like an idiot to even show it to my mates!
Oh well, il propably behave the same again aswell!!! laugh.gif

Thanks Salty, We decided Kinky was going to do the write up there. Too many cooks, ect.. fish.gif

I need to see that video! Maybe next time i get my passport or something. poke.gif I can just see it.. Your onto a fish with jumpy and Steve P hovering behind you, tampering with your sensitive areas hysterical.gif hysterical.gif Anything for a laugh smile1.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jun 13 2008, 11:17 PM
Post #10

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Onya Jed !

There's nothing like a good session on YFT one of these days I'll give you some tips on how to hook them the Jumpus way it's full proof & you'llwonder why you ever listened to those who pick up the rod & free spool them, to many things can go wrong using that method.

Hey Salty !

Now you know why I was refering to you as a WALLY laugh.gif

let me see if I got it right , you like to talk to yourself & what were those famous words ????

Phill, Phill , you're a legend hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

You bunch of Woose Pussers !

Jumpus has a habit of hiding the Gimballs on his boat. put one on B4 a fish is hooked & you'll never get invited back on the boat again

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Jun 14 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #11

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jun 14 2008, 06:17 PM) *
Onya Jed !

Jumpus has a habit of hiding the Gimballs on his boat. put one on B4 a fish is hooked & you'll never get invited back on the boat again

you'll have jumpus offering to put the strap on you after a fish is hooked

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2024 - 06:14 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates