Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Don't Like Mondays, I Love Them.
kkw
post Oct 16 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #1

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

I decided to have an hour or two at the usual place this morning, and it was just glorious. The swells were rolling through, but they have no power at this spot (usually) and just rise up your legs when they come in. Still need to be very aware though.
I have been using my Pacific Composites rod for the past year, and really love the action and power it imparts. Today however, I felt a bit nostalgic and used the rod I have previously used for the past 39 years, exclusively for blackfish off the rocks. The old Sportex 662 and a 'new' Alvey reel which was given to me by a friend. The fish were in residence and very hungry. Hooked up within seconds, despite no burley (which I rarely resort to in any case). A nice fish in the net. I lost 5 fish after washing them up on the rocks, as can be seen in pic three, and the wash took them over the back, over the side and over the front, to bust the lighter leader I was using today. My mate, Geoff, landed three and had to give it away as he has just recovered from an injury, which was playing up a bit. I also decided to call it quits after 50 mins fishing, as I wanted two fish for dinner and already had five in the net. The fish were all males again and in prime condition. The biggest fish of the day had just snapped my leader and was lying in an inch of water, ready to grab. The next swell came over the rocks and he was gone before I could bend over and hold him. Not a bad morning. Hooked 13 fish in 50 mins between two of us and managed to put 8 in the net.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fed
post Oct 16 2011, 11:20 PM
Post #2

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

I'm surprised you haven't been over run by people down there KK.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
kkw
post Oct 16 2011, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Some have tried to run me over, but I haven't been over run. I am generally the only one there, and the only one fishing for niggers, if someone else is there. I catch fish - they don't. One guy tried to copy me one day and rigged up with a bobby cork which a shark couldn't drag under and then put on a chunk of weed which would cover a dinner plate, expecting to get a fish. I just shook my head in wonder.

+Quote Post
Bees Knees
post Oct 17 2011, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Twoeyesea

Group: Members

Member No.: 1,659

What would happen if you floated a pilly or a prawn in that spot KKW? Nice vege burgers btw... Well done..

--------------------
Don't hate me, cause you ain't me... :)

+Quote Post
kkw
post Oct 17 2011, 08:56 PM
Post #5

Well, you have been there Jedi, so what do you think? Light line, right time and it can be good. Seen some very nice bream come from there, using bread for bait. Trouble is, the guy who was using it, also berleyed very, very heavily with bread and loads of rubbish fish and trevally were there in hordes. Yesterday, I saw kings chasing bait fish across the front, only metres out from the shore. Come over and give it a go smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Oct 18 2011, 02:40 AM
Post #6

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Fed @ Oct 17 2011, 06:20 PM) *
I'm surprised you haven't been over run by people down there KK.

He fish's in the nutty Fed, people think he's got a shriveled up moray eel & stay clear laugh.gif

What would happen if you floated a pilly or a prawn in that spot KKW?

Wouldn't get that far he calls that lunch sushimi style laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2024 - 12:22 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates