> Mixed Bag Off Bate Bay 03911
quintrex101
post Sep 3 2011, 02:57 AM
Post #1

BEN 10kg

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

Hey guys

I thought it'd be nice if me and my dad spent some time fishing together as like a Fathers Day thing, even though Fathers Day is tomorrow i thought today would be nice as we can spend family time together tomorrow. So me, my dad and a few of his boats in there boats went along for another day on the beautiful Port Hacking.

This time the weather was better and then allowed us to fish outside, i headed straight over to Boat Harbour after we launched just on 6am. The conditions were perfect

With in the first few casts with a 5" Jerkshad i had a legal Flathead in the boat going just over 38cm.

My dad (can't get him to use plastics for the life of me) hooked up on a prawn minutes later with another Flathead going just under 40cm, at this stage it was looking good as we had only been here 10 minutes and we already had 2 fish in the net.

We must of hit a patch of Flathead because we caught about 10 Flatties going just under 40cm, we kept 3 and let the rest go.

You wouldn't believe my luck. One of the Flathead i caught had a blue braid line around it, i thought i'd do the right thing and wrap it up and put it in the bin but it wasn't fishing line! it was a blue bottle. I felt so sore and so stupid for the next 2 hours as i could hardly move my hand, it was like getting spiked by a Flathead but twice as bad

As we hit the 50 meter mark my bait rod went off like crazy and i knew i had something decent on, it was a nice Morwong going 41cm. He was more then welcome onboard, haven't seen one of these in ages

Next rod went off within 5 minutes and my dad had one of these one, another fish i haven't seen in ages but more then welcome on board, a nice Nannygai, the day keeps on getting better and better

Told my dad whatever he can do, i can do better as i pulled this up a few minutes later smile.gif

Then the next drop to the bottom i pulled up a 50cm Flathead, we were on fire and we were just talking about how good the fishing was, but we spoke to soon as the bite died down after this and we got nothing for the next hour.

We moved inside and caught up and had a little fish with the other boys and showed them our catch, as they only had caught a few just legal Flathead we went up on the sandbar, cleaned the fish and told the boys to split the 4 Flathead and 1 Nannygai between them, and we took home the Morwong and 2 Nannygai, so everygot a feed

What a day smile.gif

Here is our total haul for the day

4 Flathead, 1 Morwong and 3 Nannygai

This post has been edited by quintrex101: Sep 3 2011, 03:04 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fed
post Sep 4 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #2

*Mr Shiny Head*

Group: Members

Member No.: 7

Get a haircut.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2024 - 12:15 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates