> Hawkesbury River 130811
quintrex101
post Aug 13 2011, 05:10 AM
Post #1

BEN 10kg

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

Hey guys
I spend the day on the and I tell you what I had a pretty day, it was abit slow to start off but as the day went on we managed to catch quite a few fish..

We started early, launching at 6am and making our way into Broken Bay, every bait got smashed by chopper tailor, I got sick of them wrecking my plastics so we made a move to Lion Island, here the wind was unbelievably cold, and it was just too uncomfortable.
By now it was 9am so it was getting on later in the day and with no fish on the board we made the move to Danger Island.

We drifted for about an hour for no fish, the baits did not get touched even once, it was so boring out there but there was no wind, and the sun was perfect, it was so nice relaxing that I managed to fall asleep in the chair for half an hour. Oh wait, I got one snapper, smallest ever maybe? Haha

By just after 10 we hit our first fish for the day, a legal Flathead going 38cm. Then within 10 minutes we made a quick move and hit a 26cm Flounder (released) then another Flattie going 37cm, it was looking like we had found the spot smile.gif

For the next 2 hours we got heaps of Flatties undersized, and a 4 going legal, not to mention the one that got away, I had a beautiful Flattie going 50-60cm on 4lb at the boat, got him in the net, dad put the net on the side of the boat and the flattie somehow jumped or something! And I watched the 4lb line snap in 2 seconds as the fish won back it’s freedom, a quick head bang against the Bimini and a few swear words and I got over it, it was beautiful way to spend the day, no matter what happens there’s nothing else I would rather be doing then fishing smile.gif

(Forgot to take a photo of all the fish, my bad)

Here’s a quick video from the day smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxusY_niw4Q...nel_video_title

Thanks for reading
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fed
post Aug 14 2011, 05:09 PM
Post #2

*Mr Shiny Head*

Member No.: 7

That's a huge snapper Dan I've caught them under 2" long.
How's the boat with the new tank, a bit heavy in the arse I expect.

--------------------

SEAFARER: Fine as a Fairy's Fart

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Aug 14 2011, 10:39 PM
Post #3

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

You can definitely feel the difference, being 4 stroke and the max HP for the boat, but it's not that bad mate

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2024 - 03:08 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates