Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getting Out Of The Wind Today, Port Hacking Fun + New PB
quintrex101
post Jul 10 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #1

BEN 10kg

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

Today my dad had a mates day organized on the beautiful waters of Port Hacking and i was more then keen to go. It was a day to fish and talk and just have fun. There was 4 boats involved and we followed each other around all day. The day was to be finished with a bacon and egg lunch at Greys Point boat ramp before bringing our boats in.

The morning started off by everyone meeting at Greys Point boat ramp at 6am, it was still dark as the first 3 boats (including ours) launched.

While waiting for the 4th and final boat to arrive one of the guys sitting in his boat realized he left the bung in, his feet were getting wet ! haha, so we put it back on the trailer and emptied the water out, just as that was finished the 4th boat arrived and launched and we were setting off for a fish.

Daylight was breaking which made it alot easier to see.

The weather looked beautiful, as we drove around the corner and seen the sun breaking over Jibbion heads we thought, yeah that looks like it's worth a try. Got out to Jibbion and it was windy, choppy and impossible to hold bottom. We put heavy sinkers on but only managed to catch a few undersized Flathead, well, lots, 10 + Flatties came over the side and not one was legal, the biggest going 32cm. Dad did manage to catch a decent Leatherjacket though, i thought there would be plagues of them but i was wrong.

My dad then told everyone to reel in and move over for a fish off Jibbion beach. I thought nah this is crap, so i told him, lets go pump so nippers and anchor up in South West Arm, start a small berley trail out of the wind, and fish nippers lightly weighted with tiny hooks and 4lb line. Dad agreed and went along with it.

We made our way over to the sandbar and started pumping for nippers, it was freezing cold and my hands and feet were going numb, plus i was wearing skinny jeans and rabens which i managed to get soaked ! my feet were so numb for the rest of the day haha. After 15 minutes i wanted to get out of there. We had 20 nippers which i thought would be enough for a while, we had pilchards as well so there is enough bait.

We made our way over to South West Arm and anchored up. I set the burley trail out and got the first baits in and sat back and thought, well isn't this relaxing ? out of the wind, nice and comfy, i loved it.

Within a few minutes dad hooked up to the first fish, a cute little 27cm Bream on a nipper

That was a good start, in the live well he went (i ended up releasing him at the end of the day anyway) and we kept fishing, 30 or 40 minutes later with heaps of bites i finally hooked up to something decent, it kept going for quick runs and wasn't coming up, it felt heavy, it turned out to be the biggest Trevally i've ever caught ! it was heaps thick, it went 49cm long. Not bad for 4lb line and a hook smaller then a 5 cent piece

We kept fishing for around 3 hours, the peace and quiet made it really relaxing, even though only small bream were caught amongst the 4 boats for the rest of the time, we enjoyed the day.

We headed in and had our BBQ lunch, bacon and eggs, too good, loved it smile.gif

Here is the total catch for the day, i released the bream at the ramp knowing the Trevally and Leatherjacket would be enough for a fresh feed.

It was a nice way to spend the day, even though it was windy we managed to keep out of it and get amongst some good fish and have a good time.

This post has been edited by quintrex101: Jul 10 2011, 01:24 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Jul 10 2011, 03:38 AM
Post #2

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Nice work Dan!! I tryed to escape the wind too and managed to but couldnt escape the Jumpus...

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 10 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #3

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

There was 4 boats involved and we followed each other around all day.

So ewe played follow the leader all day tongue.gif
I played pin a tail on the potato laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Jul 10 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #4

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

Good report young man, Mates day ??? why wasn't we informed of this mates day ?
It's about time we had another general get together at Greys,, a good healthy way to spend a day with some mates.
When are you going to organise this NEXT mates day ?.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Jul 10 2011, 08:24 PM
Post #5

BEN 10kg

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

It was all my dads mates from work Frank but i am more then keen for a together at Greys soon, the last time we had a BBQ there it was great and i really enjoyed it, who else is up for it ?

And Jumpy, everyone followed me around ;)

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 10 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #6

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (quintrex101 @ Jul 11 2011, 02:24 PM) *
And Jumpy, everyone followed me around ;)

Were ewe on heat DanuSun ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th August 2024 - 11:25 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates