Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dont Eat Me This Way, Fushing Report
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 13 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well not to be outdone by the dog My brother & I went out for a fish this morn was up B4 the sparrows started Fah Ting & thats a feat on it's own let me tell you.

Hooked up the little boat only took SP's no bait/burley & set off on our merry way down to the Taren Pt boat ramp as it's just around the corner from the oyster leases @ Towra.

The Brimus were on yesterday so I was told but I think the dog lied & bought them from the fish shop cause we didn't get a hit for the 1st hour or so nor did any of the other boats doing the same [tossing lures]

We tried SP's H/B's both divers & poppers but no go chatted to one of the other boats same deal no hits but like my dog they got smashed yesterday.
Did notice it was alot cooler this morn than yesterday with a slight Nth Wester blowing a good guess is a change in barometer reading because we could see Mr Brimus & his mates under the racks but they just weren't interested tide etc was good maybe a couple of touch's that's all.

Time for a new game plan decided to sneak up into a little bay & instant success with the flatones over 20 fish but these guys unlike all the others caught in deeper water put up a good fight as far as flathead are concerned average depth was around .7 of a meter & you could see alot of unhooked ones darting across the mud leaving smoke trails along with the rays & more Brim which again refused to take a lure except for a couple & they spat the hook bummer :o

Also discovered a new technique fir catching the wiley flatones recalled seing it on the TV in a movie called the Karate Kid so I named my new technique
Mr Miyagi Sun seen below demonstrated by yours truly

Ha Ha Ha Tricked you's we did catch some Brim But decided we wanted flathead for dinner so we got out the flattening tools & donged them on the head after which we used them as a musical instrument 4get what it's called you ding dong the notes & as you can plainly see below the Brim were singing that Thelma Houston Song

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Majed
post Apr 13 2007, 11:06 PM
Post #2

*TheUnderTaker*

Group: Members

Member No.: 5

Nice flatheads, but i would have hated to think what have happenned to you had u fallen off.
Maybe the flatties would have got their revenge.

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Apr 13 2007, 11:09 PM
Post #3

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 14 2007, 04:43 PM) *
Well not to be outdone by the dog My brother & I went out for a fish this morn was up B4 the sparrows started Fah Ting & thats a feat on it's own let me tell you.

Hooked up the little boat only took SP's no bait/burley & set off on our merry way down to the Taren Pt boat ramp as it's just around the corner from the oyster leases @ Towra.

The Brimus were on yesterday so I was told but I think the dog lied & bought them from the fish shop cause we didn't get a hit for the 1st hour or so nor did any of the other boats doing the same [tossing lures]

We tried SP's H/B's both divers & poppers but no go chatted to one of the other boats same deal no hits but like my dog they got smashed yesterday.
Did notice it was alot cooler this morn than yesterday with a slight Nth Wester blowing a good guess is a change in barometer reading because we could see Mr Brimus & his mates under the racks but they just weren't interested tide etc was good maybe a couple of touch's that's all.

Time for a new gameplan decided to sneak up into a little bay & instant success with the flatones over 20 fish but these guys unlike all the others caught in deeper water put up a good fight as far as flathead are concerned average depth was around .7 of a meter & you could see alot of unhooked ones darting across the mud alond with the rays & mire Brim which again refused to take a lure except for a couple & they spat the hook bummer :o

Also discovered a new technique fir catching the wiley flatones recalled seing it on the TV in a movie called the Karate Kid so I named my new technique

Ha Ha Ha Tricked you's we did catch some Brim But decided we wanted flathead for dinner so we got out the flattening tools & donged them on the head after which we used them as a musical instrument 4get what it's called you ding dong the notes & as you can plainly see below the Brim were singing that Thelma Houston Song

Yeah the pelicons got P/off he took there spot.
so they went to the next one down wind then he cocks his leg and starts farting.
Well the pelicons just fell off there perch and he had them all to himself. :blink: :blink:

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
STEVE.P
post Apr 13 2007, 11:16 PM
Post #4

*BloodyBumShitBugger*

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Majed @ Apr 14 2007, 04:56 PM) *
Nice flatheads, but i would have hated to think what have happenned to you had u fallen off.
Maybe the flatties would have got their revenge.

Oh I had it covered I would have caught him laugh.gif laugh.gif
And if I missed the water would have broken his fall 1. 1/2 feet :blink: :blink:

--------------------
Goony Googoo

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 13 2007, 11:31 PM
Post #5

His Eminance

Maged I'm not silly.

I put superglue on my thongs do you think I'd trust STEVE.P to have caught me had I fallen ??

He was busy catching his PB's here's one of them below

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 14 2007, 01:03 AM
Post #6

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Always come home with a good catch dont ya!

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 14 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #7

the yack man

Member No.: 4

that not u J.G. no buggy smugglers.

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 14 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #8

His Eminance

I still wear them !

Reckon more peple have perved on my BUTT than the fish I catch

Here want another look laugh.gif laugh.gif

Always come home with a good catch dont ya!

Yep ! sure do

There's a old saying 10 % of the fishermen catch 90 % if the fish
And the other 90 % of the fishermen catch the remaining 10 %

You've got to remember I've been fishing for alot of years & know my backyard

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 14 2007, 02:35 AM
Post #9

*FruitLoop* 53

oh shed some wisdom upon me oh great one!

hahaha, well im in the 90% catching 10%

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 14 2007, 03:04 AM
Post #10

His Eminance

You cant give people a crash course on how to catch fish Chadd ask a direct Q & I'll answer the best I can but here's a few tips.

My passion was & prob still is Gamefishing love seeing any fish just strip the spool of line but when I go game fishing think you've seen pic if outfits we take, there's days when it's not going to happen out there bad water, no baitfish etc.

In comes the backup plan we head back in & the light outfits come out generally target anything from jew, snapper & bream if nothing happens in that dept then you'll always catch flathead no Q's asked.

I favour bait & cube burley as bait get best results sometime throw SP's around for bream & reds esp in the burly trail.

But when it comes to flathead SP's are definitely the go you cover more ground bear in mind they will come into a burley trail but are primarily a Ambush fish & once you've found the area they are concentrated @ you stay there we caught them all day long 2day like most other days.

When sussing out a new spot say reef for snapper/bream dont look @ your sounder & see screen go black thinking you've hit gold these will be pekkers & they'll make your session hell move in & learn to read your sounder most times I dont even look for fish I look for dropoffs, gullies etc if you burley the fish will come.

Flathead are pretty easy to find as well if throwing SP's toss to edge of weedbeds back on the sand side

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Apr 14 2007, 05:29 AM
Post #11

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Apr 14 2007, 04:43 PM) *

Time for a new gameplan decided to sneak up into a little bay & instant success with the flatones over 20 fish but these guys unlike all the others caught in deeper water put up a good fight as far as flathead are concerned average depth was around .7 of a meter & you could see alot of unhooked ones darting across the mud alond with the rays & mire Brim which again refused to take a lure except for a couple & they spat the hook bummer :o

Nice...

You should use those KUNG FU moves on some KUNG FU FISH. biggrin.gif Pity the brim weren't on, they've been elusive for me as well at Iron Cove...oh well, that's fushun I guess. dry.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
fish
post Apr 14 2007, 05:47 AM
Post #12

*Fingers*

Group:

Member No.: 10

Oh dear me ,this looks like a fun site tongue.gif

Fish tongue.gif

+Quote Post
fish
post Apr 14 2007, 05:49 AM
Post #13

*Fingers*

Group:

Member No.: 10

I,m a ten ;)

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Apr 14 2007, 05:50 AM
Post #14

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

With Jumpy as admin, you bet your life it'll be one hell of a ride! biggrin.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 14 2007, 06:35 AM
Post #15

*FruitLoop* 53

Yea, no one to control JDG... we are all in trouble... hahaha

but thats why im here!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 14 2007, 02:38 PM
Post #16

His Eminance

I'm always sensible when I'm asleep just had a great nights sleep was knackered after yesterday laugh.gif

The bream were there guys just not taking I get alot of feedback from the locals who fish Botany Bay & a mates son did very well @ one off the spots I usually baitfish @ the other Day.

Nailing good sized Reds & stud Bream looks like a great day out there again & I'll probally sneak out after lunch to give them a shot.

As far as that pic goes I just couldn't help myself saw the posts & jumped up thought it might make for a good laugh bloody brother then decided to come get me @ 100 mph @ hot the pole I nearly went for a swim did well to keep my balance the pole was only 8' in diameter

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 22 2007, 03:21 AM
Post #17

His Eminance

I've just bumped this thread up so as someone can find it easier

--------------------

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Jul 23 2007, 03:38 PM
Post #18

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

I found it Miyagi Son!
Grasshopper you have taken the term pole dancing to new extremes!
This thread is a crack up!
You guys kill me!
Oh by the way, top fish!, but which way did you eat them? tongue.gif

Kamil

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jul 24 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

QUOTE (xtosea @ Jul 24 2007, 09:28 AM) *
Oh by the way, top fish!, but which way did you eat them? tongue.gif

Kamil

Filleted but not battered & just to rub it in if oz man reads this

Grilled not Flied with a twist of lemon

--------------------

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Jul 24 2007, 03:38 AM
Post #20

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

QUOTE (Jumpus GooDarus @ Jul 24 2007, 08:23 PM) *
Filleted but not battered & just to rub it in if oz man reads this

Grilled not Flied with a twist of lemon

Salivating to say the least!

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2024 - 04:29 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates