Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 25 2007, 02:18 AM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well peeps armed with the knowledge that the pain in the SmellyFarTing.gif

Darth Telescopic Stick

Was in a galaxy Far Far Away, the fish in Botany Bay decided to go on a rampage yes peeps it was another episode 5 I think

Attack of the Fishy's

Without the fear that they'd end up in Dave's Tucker Box to be then consumed whole they readily came on the bite.

Headed out around lunch time down to the lease's for some flatones not as thick as I would've liked only got 3 of them & tossed them back [ There was a disruption in the Force I sensed Darth Telescopic Stick in agony ] laugh.gif

Didn't bother with pics until a 1st for me I got a ray on a SP

As I said it wasn't that crash hot fishing session as I anticipated so I moved on back out to secret Jumpus spot to try for some reds it's been a while since I've crossed light sabres with them.

Well sounder looked good reds were there + mid water fish & not to much rubbish fisWell it was virtually catch blurters @ will on baits but I was also tossing SP's about & tell ewe's what didn't I get a wide array of fish on the plastics

Let's see flathead, raymond, snappa, bream, a couple of Sgt Bakers one in pic was around 60 cm's, blurters, a parrot fish & as many pike as you could never want.

Didn't take any pics of snappa cause ewe guys would laugh @ me they were very small

The bream came on for a short burst one in pic was on SP it went 35 cm's & whilst fighting it the 2 baitrods were going off again bream landed one & lost the other

Oh yeah & what day is not complete without hooking a Pt Jackon right on Dusk this one was around 4ft had a bit of fun on the 3kg stick.

Oh yeah earlier again on the 3kg bait rod got a Kung Fu Fush to the boat B4 the bloody thing decided it wanted to visit Rocky Bottom bloody things had to re rig.

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Christos
post Sep 25 2007, 09:28 AM
Post #2

Kokino Vraka

Group: Members

Member No.: 220

Fortunately or unfortunately this week I am working with Majed on the night shift. He looked over my shoulder and the comment was which baker was it. Delight?

Nice to see some fish on the forum.

Christos

P.S. I did not notice at the time but I see that you have a toe almost as big as the fish. Or was it that you have a fish as big a toe.

This post has been edited by Christos: Sep 25 2007, 09:30 AM

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 25 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #3

His Eminance

Yeah Christos !

I never noticed either about the toe laugh.gif

You got me curious not that often I keep fish but I dont mind a bream for dinner & he's getting cookied tonight just pulled it out of the fridge to measure it cause my toe looked so big & it measured @ 305 mm not as big as I 1st guessed it @

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Sep 25 2007, 01:22 PM
Post #4

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Ahhh, The JUPUS HATH BEEN CAUGHT!!!

haha, good onya anywayz bloke, good catch.

+Quote Post
kkw
post Sep 25 2007, 01:43 PM
Post #5

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

That breamus is only 5.5 toes long. It is undersize JG. SHAME.....

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Sep 25 2007, 02:06 PM
Post #6

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Member No.: 13

maybe you should throw away the bream and eat the toe's , second thought they would stink worse than the fish. hysterical.gif

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
kkw
post Sep 25 2007, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Rather than start a new thread, I also had a quick fish yesterday. Went out the front of Jibbon (off the stones) for a bit of nigger (can I say that?) err blackfish (can I say that?) err Luderick fishing. Got a bit soaked by the swell humping over the ledge I was on, so decided to go inside and to the western end of Jibbon Beach. Lots of cabbage on the rocks. Fish werer there, but extremely tentative in their takes. I was using 17lb braid as the main line and 8lb flourocarbon (Vanish) as the leader. Wanted to see how braid worked. It works, and it works great. Floats on the surface and doesn't get the big belly in a bit of wind. No more vasso for my line smile.gif Had only three 'downs'. First one I hit after 1 second. Lipped and saw it tear off after a few seconds. Second, I let it have it for 3 seconds. Lost it at my feet. Lip hooked again. Third one took it for 5 seconds before I lifted the rod. Solid hookup and a nice fish. Had to step down onto a ledge to wash it in, and you guessed it, a swell washed across and up to waist deep. My wallet, car keys, tissues for my nose and various other stuff in my pockets got drowned. Glad the electronic car opener still works laugh.gif They should be coming on in the next few weeks, so I am going to hop a few more rocks soon. Had lots of fun and didn't get bruised Glutes. Sorry, no camera.

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Sep 25 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #8

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

Awesome work Ange, the first Ray is a Numb Ray, dont touch them so i been told.
The 3rd pic down is a Bearded Cod and i reckon they are the best eating fish found around the harbours!! They taste insane, white flakey flesh! Beautiful!
Looks like you had a top session!
Kamil

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 25 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #9

His Eminance

Yeah it was good to get back to basics again after so many fruitless trips out after the YFT

Now to deal with that CRIMINAL laugh.gif

Well tickle me fanny the bloody brimus ate the chook I had in my talking fridge this morning :o

I measured the bugger this morn @ 305 mm & now it's grown to 32 cm's & it's making funny burping noises think it drank one of my crowny's as well

And as for that bloody kkw [ sounds like a foriegn radio station] laugh.gif

Found some toilet paper for your big snozza laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Sep 25 2007, 11:53 PM
Post #10

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

Those are some funny looking YFT there Jumpy! :huh: laugh.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif :huh:

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Sep 26 2007, 12:20 AM
Post #11

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (xtosea @ Sep 26 2007, 04:24 PM) *

Thanx for that X,i thought it was as the head looks a bit broader and fatter,but was'nt sure.

The 3rd pic down is a Bearded Cod and i reckon they are the best eating fish found around the harbours!!

Bearded Cod and Ling,are they the same species?????

Oh yeah and Jumpus i like the star wars theme,and not a bad report either.

Was Just a shame you could'nt get a few more nice fat flathead,like someone else laugh.gif

How did you get the ray off the jig??Did you get the jig back??Lastly,did you get Zapped??

Always wanted to catch a numb ray,not that it would be a good thing as i'd probly get zapped knowing my luck laugh.gif .

BTW good report too kkw, laugh.gif

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
poly
post Sep 26 2007, 12:37 AM
Post #12

the yack man

Member No.: 4

So the master was out fished by his brother, hmmmm how could that be laugh.gif
all jokes aside J G that has to be one of your better reports i have enjoyed it a lot WELL DUNE my friend. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
kkw
post Sep 26 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (xtosea @ Sep 26 2007, 04:24 PM) *
The 3rd pic down is a Bearded Cod and i reckon they are the best eating fish found around the harbours!! They taste insane, white flakey flesh! Beautiful!
Looks like you had a top session!
Kamil

Don't sit on that numb ray JG, you will get numb nuts. I have been zapped a few times, and they pack a huge wallop. The third fish down is a maori wrasse (not the same species as the big fellas in the tropics). I think you are thinking of the goat fish, Kamil. They are also known as bearded cod, due to the 'tassles' hanging down under their jaw. The tassle on JG's fish is the tail of his squidgy laugh.gif

+Quote Post
poly
post Sep 26 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #14

the yack man

Member No.: 4

KK u should have started a new thread as your report deserves its own praises, thanks for the gr8 read mate it takes me back to the days when i chased them on the north coast, keep them comeing

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Sep 26 2007, 01:27 AM
Post #15

*One Block*

You're prolly right KKW, it just looked like a Bearded Cod from that pic, hehe, they are top eating, i hate Maori Wrasse!

JG whats the go with the names under our usernames? The Smelly one is asking me what "One Block" is and come to think of it i want to know too!
Kamil

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 26 2007, 01:37 AM
Post #16

His Eminance

Well anyone who goes cubing for YFT with only one block of pilchards deserves that name laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Sep 26 2007, 01:45 AM
Post #17

*One Block*

Hey i got a Fin didnt i? tongue.gif

We actually took two blocks and caught a few stripies! But yes it was silly, but i just knew we would get fish! laugh.gif But thats fair with the name, i like it!

I heard of a 41kg Caught yesterday at Browns. Just the one fish
Kamil

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Sep 26 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #18

*GasMask*

Member No.: 26

QUOTE (kkw @ Sep 26 2007, 06:28 PM) *
Don't sit on that numb ray JG, you will get numb nuts. Good one kk

The third fish down is a maori wrasse (not the same species as the big fellas in the tropics). I think you are thinking of the goat fish, Kamil. They are also known as bearded cod, due to the 'tassles' hanging down under their jaw. The tassle on JG's fish is the tail of his squidgy laugh.gif

Sorry KKW,but i gotta disagree,i don't beleive that fish to be a Maori wrasse(aka 'butchers p#%@k'),i had an arguement with a bloke at work over these fish,Moari wrasse that is,long story short i proved him to be a monkeys uncle.The Maori wrasse is brightly coloured,jg's fish lacks the colours.Plus i've caught a heap of these so called bearded cod,but my books refer to them as Ling,also sold in shops as Ling,and they've all had that same colouring of jg's fish .

One Block,sure sounds better than 'BOBBY BROWN' or 'dazzler' or watever it was laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Smelly: Sep 26 2007, 04:14 AM

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Sep 26 2007, 04:44 AM
Post #19

His Eminance

Yeah well it started off as Bobby Brown cause he started doing that Rappy Dancing on the boat.
Then it got changed to Fish Scarer cause he scared all the fish away

One Block ??? says it all dosen't it ??? laugh.gif laugh.gif

Those are some funny looking YFT there Jumpy!

R U Blind ??? it's got yellow fins laugh.gif laugh.gif

How did you get the ray off the jig??Did you get the jig back??Lastly,did you get Zapped??

I was wearing Rubber Underpants & they shielded my from Shock horror yeah I got the jig back same one caught all my fush litle ripper that twin tail

WELL DUNE

Spell SmellyFarTing.gif WELL DONE not WELL DUNE

ps] Wait till that Maltese Mothball gets back from the other Galaxy & reads it that's when I'll really start paying out on him . laugh.gif

The tassle on JG's fish is the tail of his squidgy

--------------------

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Sep 26 2007, 12:36 PM
Post #20

*One Block*

Your a clown JG, but i love it! You really crack me up!

Kamil

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2024 - 03:22 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates