Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dewy 15kgs, BOTANY BAY DEWYS
CATCH22
post Apr 2 2008, 06:52 PM
Post #1

*Telescopic Stick*

Group: Members

Member No.: 8

HI GUYS well a mate just rang me to tell me he had hooked a 15kg dewy of the botany whalfs ....now dont get to ecited he works on the whalfs as a crane driver puts live bait out on a 60lb line and checks it when he get a break or time so as he goes back to his surprise hooked a very large dewy he was on his own so he grabbed a gaff that he made up tried to gaff it but the gaff hook snapped so he climbed down the ladder to pull it up was too heavy and by all means my mate ant weak at all but he wrapped the line around his left hand and started to climb up wards he lost circulation in his hand and arm was half way up the ladder when he felt a big splash and realise on his arm hook ripped its mouth and free again ....he was so upset but thats life i reckon even if he made it seem big at 15kgs and maybe we take off 5 kgs just in case he telling porkies like some guys on this site do 10 kg is still a nice size ......SO GET OUT IN BOTANY BAY NEAR TERMINALS AND FISH FOR DEWYS..... first hand report straight off the press....................nice culets oh boy taste great im hungry again...

This post has been edited by CATCH22: Apr 2 2008, 06:54 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Majed
post Apr 2 2008, 06:56 PM
Post #2

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Gee that was bad luck for him....what a mighty catch that would have been.....

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Apr 2 2008, 06:58 PM
Post #3

*Telescopic Stick*

QUOTE (Majed @ Apr 3 2008, 01:56 PM) *
Gee that was bad luck for him....what a mighty catch that would have been.....

yeh i know he has caught a few 5kg and 6 but none that big ...bad luck payed to fish good job...hahahahaha take care matey

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Apr 2 2008, 07:04 PM
Post #4

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

You should tell your mate what he's doing is illegal. You're not allowed to go further than 50m from your line.

"The distance a fisher may be from an attended line will be increased from 10 metres to 50 metres and within line of sight."

So unless your mate can work within 50m from the line and keep an eye on it (crane driver I think not) then I suggest you enlighten him. dry.gif

But if he is within 50m and can keep an eye on it then disregard this. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 2 2008, 07:53 PM
Post #5

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Hewy told you this ????

Was it Lewy ?????

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 2 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #6

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Apr 2 2008, 08:44 PM
Post #7

BEN 10kg

Member No.: 370

and who are you "catchnrealese" laugh.gif you sound like the bloody fisheries Gumballs.gif hysterical.gif

+Quote Post
kkw
post Apr 2 2008, 09:06 PM
Post #8

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

QUOTE (flattie_hunter @ Apr 3 2008, 02:44 PM) *
and who are you "catchnrealese" laugh.gif you sound like the bloody fisheries Gumballs.gif hysterical.gif

c'mon now be nice. hysterical.gif

This post has been edited by kkw: Apr 2 2008, 10:52 PM

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Apr 2 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #9

BEN 10kg

kk i was going to get a photo of you and change your hair to grey/sliver then i looked and its already that colour tongue.gif hysterical.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  photo_30_1_.jpg ( 31.58K ) Number of downloads: 11

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Apr 3 2008, 12:20 AM
Post #10

*Bi Catch*

It's called the law, and whether you like it or not it's still just as much a part of the law as any other crime.

That quote was from NSW Fisheries. It's part of the new regulations that were released last year.

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
poly
post Apr 3 2008, 12:56 AM
Post #11

the yack man

Member No.: 4

i just had a very bad though can u imagine a world with out law breakers, no coughs no lawyers no judger's the hole economy would collapse ohhhhh and the worst of all no police, think of all the people u would put on the street dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Apr 3 2008, 01:05 AM
Post #12

*FruitLoop* 53

Member No.: 3

erm... I deleted my post cause i hate people opinions on this sorta stuff...

Catch, you might be right... but do you follow it all straight down the line... you cant tell me ya never rode ya bike or skater without a helmet...

Sure, im with ya... I disagree with it in principle, but thats my opinion.. But sometimes its best to keep them to yourself!

Sorry for the thread being hijacked Dave...

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Apr 3 2008, 01:09 AM
Post #13

BEN 10kg

QUOTE (poly @ Apr 3 2008, 07:56 PM) *
i just had a very bad though can u imagine a world with out law breakers, no coughs no lawyers no judger's the hole economy would collapse ohhhhh and the worst of all no police, think of all the people u would put on the street dry.gif dry.gif dry.gif

kk would be happy :crim: hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

catch how do you know he was not more then 50 meter away from the line ...

This post has been edited by flattie_hunter: Apr 3 2008, 01:10 AM

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 3 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #14

His Eminance

QUOTE (Rum Dust N Ruckus @ Apr 3 2008, 07:05 PM) *
erm... I deleted my post cause i hate people opinions on this sorta stuff...

Catch, you might be right... but do you follow it all straight down the line... you cant tell me ya never rode ya bike or skater without a helmet...

Sure, im with ya... I disagree with it in principle, but thats my opinion.. But sometimes its best to keep them to yourself!

Sorry for the thread being hijacked Dave...

Yep Yep Rumpus !

As you's know I take the piss out of Dave all the time & he me

But the guy was only giving a report of a decent sized Jewgong being caught nothing more.

Think I know Dave better than the whole lot of you guys & when he posted this report he did it out of exitement to let you guys know & not to have his post shot down.

--------------------

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Apr 3 2008, 02:06 AM
Post #15

BEN 10kg

yes j.g but as you see catchnrealse is going on about the "law" .. well his mate got a big jewie well done ... not you can not do that ...

i said well dave dave for putting in all the effort to put a report up and congats to your mate about the jewie too bad it got way

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Apr 3 2008, 05:35 AM
Post #16

*Bi Catch*

I say all this for a reason, and that reason is because there is a downside to leaving your line unattended. Say (hypothetically) you leave it there, while you're working an undersize fish jumps on and struggles and struggles. It's left there until the guy comes and checks the line during his break. By then the poor thing has been struggling for god knows how long. It may even have died by then. dry.gif I could harp on about how detrimental unattended lines are, but I won't because it's late and I'm tired, but if you want me to then just ask. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

If there is one thing I cannot stand, it's cruelty to any animal. I find that kind of fishing cruel. dry.gif

Didn't mean to shoot him down, he could mean no harm at all but the law is the law and it's there for good reason. So like I said, I suggest you tell him about this law so he refrains from doing so in the future. He obviously didn't know about this law (or at least I hope so) but I hope that if you do tell him, he will start to follow the law. smile.gif

It would be very easy for fisheries to fine the guy for it, and what would he have to say about it? I didn't know? That never cuts it with the fisheries guys, and I'm glad it doesn't or else there would be a lot of crooks getting of the hook. (no pun intended)

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
It'l Do
post Apr 3 2008, 06:03 AM
Post #17

*Tooth Fairy*

Member No.: 2,553

CNR,

Point made give it a rest.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones". I am sure everyone breaks the law and if you get caught so be it.
This practice has been going on for years and I don't think it's about to stop.
Catching and keeping undersize fish is more prevalent and a threat than the number of unattended lines.

--------------------
Don't tell anybody but my name is Fushin Freddie
I don't exaggerate...I just remember BIG!

+Quote Post
maraudingmado
post Apr 3 2008, 01:41 PM
Post #18

Tiddler

Member No.: 2,563

QUOTE (It'l Do @ Apr 4 2008, 01:03 AM) *
Catching and keeping undersize fish is more prevalent and a threat than the number of unattended lines.

I agree. I hate piscatorial paedophiles. Nothing worse than seeing heaps of undersize fish in a bucket. Thanks for the report Dave

--------------------
Once you hear the call of the gull and the smell of the sea it will never leave your heart!!

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Apr 3 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #19

His Eminance

QUOTE (catchnrelease @ Apr 3 2008, 11:35 PM) *
I say all this for a reason, and that reason is because there is a downside to leaving your line unattended. Say (hypothetically) you leave it there, while you're working an undersize fish jumps on and struggles and struggles. It's left there until the guy comes and checks the line during his break. By then the poor thing has been struggling for god knows how long. It may even have died by then. dry.gif I could harp on about how detrimental unattended lines are, but I won't because it's late and I'm tired, but if you want me to then just ask. tongue.gif rolleyes.gif

Personally I think the guy who caught the fish should get the sack from his job

He's getting paid to work , not go fishing & if you think anything your previous comments telling CATCH22 to tell his mate it's illegal would've sunk in I think you're gravely mistaken.

I get pissed off that such structures as the wharfs are built on public waters & all they do is forbid the public to fish there in reality the authority's put into force **Fish Sancturarys** many years ago when they built them.

If you dont like cruelty to fish etc then I suggest you take up a campaign to stop longlining & the use of fish traps instead of having a dig @ your father CATCH22 laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Apr 3 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #20

*Telescopic Stick*

[quote name='catchnrelease' date='Apr 3 2008, 02:04 PM' post='13390']
You should tell your mate what he's doing is illegal. You're not allowed to go further than 50m from your line.

"The distance a fisher may be from an attended line will be increased from 10 metres to 50 metres and within line of sight."

So unless your mate can work within 50m from the line and keep an eye on it (crane driver I think not) then I suggest you enlighten him. dry.gif

But if he is within 50m and can keep an eye on it then disregard this. rolleyes.gif

okOK true in what you say but HE WAS 8.5MTRES FROM HIS fishing LINE HE TELL S ME .......... just make sure after comments like that you dont speed and drink drive or many other things some of us do in life that is illegal if we all obeyed the law to fine print im sure all of us as well as you my little friend would be the first to greet us all in the lock up.......................just remember i live with the law ...........i am not responce able for anyones actions except my own and as ..alot of our members said i was only giving you all a report so our local boyz would go and have a try for dewys .....then again with comment like your no wonder people shy away ......HAVE A NICE DAY going to have breakfast youve made me hungry .... lLET me just tell you about life ..dont let people know you know too much and dont let people think your a smart arse and life will be full,of laughter and good company............TRUE FACT...

This post has been edited by CATCH22: Apr 3 2008, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th July 2024 - 07:54 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates