Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Blurt Blurt
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 2 2007, 04:29 PM
Post #1

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Well I finally went for a fish yesterday little goat was all finished & what a top day weather wise, ventured out just after lunching time not my favourite tides mid ewes they were back to front & without having a tide chart had to rely on STEVE.P as to when they turned since he was out a couple of days earlier.

Well let me tell ewes he was as usefull as tits are to a bull, anyways decicided to go toss a few SP's 1st up moreso to try out the new mounting setup for the lecky & the new cating platform they worked just fine unlike the feeble efforts of the bloody fush to take a lure after about an hour decided to give it a miss STEVE got another PB flathead around 8 inch's long & I think it was the lone ranger out there.

Still not happy with the way the tide was running out so decided to have a peekaboo out the front to a spot which has been kind to me in the past but not of late anchored up & started the burley in perfect conditions but alas the only thing the burley attracted was pike & a sgt baker no relation to Fed I might add tongue.gif

The new transom rod holders worked out great though just so easy to pick up a rod when it went off

Gave it a miss after 40 minutes or so couldn't see anything happening & snuck into cape banks to try for some squid not a single touch there either & things we're not looking good as far as catching anything decent went.

Last roll of the dice anchored up back inside the bay it didn't take long for the burley to do it's trick & although missed the 1st few runs picked them to be blurters just by the way they were mouthing the 1/2 pilly, blurters aren't a self hooking fish & you really need to be holding the rod unless you're using small baits which we stated doing later on just a small cube on the hook.

I still had baits down trying for snapper with no luck did however hookup to a couple of screamers which just kept peeling line off the reels @ a consistant slow pace there was alot of weight there as well which meant sharks & I finally got one 1st 2 took me over the reef & pop went the weasle, must be a few Pt Jacksons in the bay.

Well it was non stop action with the blurters then the slimmy mackeral showed up we kept the slimmy's as they are a good salted bait but had no choice with the trevelly they kept singing that ENGELBERT HUMPERDICKNICK song as I was pulling them into the goat.

Unfortunately the tide was still running out till dusk which meant I couldn't go re anchor onto my brimus spot as a run in tide is required there so we called it a day mind you by this time whatever little breeze was about had disappeared all together & the bay was like oil see below this was one of the sharkies on the 3kg outfit.

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SUMOFISHIN
post Aug 2 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #2

*The Manilla Gorilla*

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 13

Sounds like you and Steve had a fun day, and thats what it's all about, Just a shame you didn't have a couple of 5kg sticks out for the reddies you might have seen what was tearing you off.

--------------------
I WANNA GO: FISHIN WITH SUMO.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 2 2007, 09:27 PM
Post #3

His Eminance

Didn't need heavier tackle SUMO knew exactly what was tearing off the line just by the way they fought Bloody Sharks

By the way they didn't bust me off they went over the reef & heavier line would've parted just as easy as the 3kg line in those circumstances

--------------------

+Quote Post
Spudly
post Aug 6 2007, 05:44 AM
Post #4

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

where did this topic come from, i mised it somewhere,

Anyway, good read jumpy..

If you had some heavier gear ya coulda maybe out the brakes on them, although they are not what your fishing for so why bother.

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 6 2007, 06:23 AM
Post #5

His Eminance

I target specific fish when I'm out there & the tackle I use is more than adequate Rumpy

Go heavier & you miss out on your targeted fish & I wasn't particularly interested in landing sharks and another good reason why I DONT LIKE KUNG FU FUSH

The buggers fight dirty straight down over the reefs & I dont like locking up on fish either no fun in that

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 7 2007, 12:44 AM
Post #6

His Eminance

Got home to late after a bit of running around 2day to out out wide for some YFT so ended fishing the Bay insread.

Prob was that CATCH22 chappy came out with me & the bloody mongrel ate all the food again laugh.gif

Another hot little session again with the blurters mind you snapper were down there just couldn't get the baits down to them the trevally were in plague proportion & no bait lasted more than 2 minutes in the water.

Tell ewe's what ??

This CATCH22 is a bit of a worry last time I fished with him he was trying to stick his tongue into Arnie Dogs ear this time with no Arnie around the poor trevally copped the treatment & you should've heard the poor trevally start Blurting once it saw Dave's tongue coming @ them

Anyways once the tide started running a bit harder on came the heavier leads & down to the bottom the baits went & still the blurters scoffed them this went on for 3 odd hrs non stop untill finally they moved off & we started getting some reds unfortunately nothing of legal size & to makes things worse those pesty Pt Jacksons were around in big no's again scoffing the snapper baits think I landed about 5 or 6 of them & Dave got one.

Admitingly the blurters were good fun @ one stage I was ficking out SP's as well as fishing the bait rod but had to put the spin outfit away as every rod was going off all @ once with Jumpus holding a rod with fish attached in each hand CATCH22 hooked into a fish as well prob was I couldn't work out how to turn the reel handles with my foot tongue.gif

These were the pesky Pt Jacksons scoffing the snapper baits a bit of fun on the light tackle when they decided to move but one went super hard dont think it was a jackson it took 1/2 a slimey & we have gotten Jewgong @ that spot in the past

Bloody Shark Again

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smelly
post Aug 7 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #7

*GasMask*

Group: Members

Member No.: 26

Well Well,i found da report(sneaky,sneaky),not a bad read either smile.gif .

I can see that sharks a male,could'nt be stupid enough to take Jumpy's line just playing with the one :wacko: tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

SMELLY

This post has been edited by Smelly: Aug 7 2007, 06:36 AM

--------------------
catch ya
SMELLY

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 8 2007, 02:42 AM
Post #8

His Eminance

Yeah it was a good arvo's fishing Smelly non stop from the time we got there

Tell you what gotta watch these Malteso's buggers will eat anything even blurters CATCH22 took the whole lot of them as well as eating all the food

If he could've caught it he would've even eaten the bum of a low flying :duckwj0: which flew by laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
CATCH22
post Aug 8 2007, 03:00 AM
Post #9

*Telescopic Stick*

Member No.: 8

yeh must say we had a good avo jumpy and cath 22 was great just one after another lucky i know where to go and position the boat in the right posy as for jumpy just bloody complains because i was catch.22 to his 1....happy reading

+Quote Post
Majed
post Aug 8 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #10

*TheUnderTaker*

Member No.: 5

Poor Trevaly...bad enough being caught then have to put up with Catch22 too.....

--------------------
FISHING beats Working

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Aug 8 2007, 03:14 AM
Post #11

His Eminance

QUOTE (Majed @ Aug 8 2007, 08:53 PM) *
Poor Trevaly...bad enough being caught then have to put up with Catch22 too.....

Onya Majed You Tell Him

Sucko Dave

--------------------

+Quote Post
xtosea
post Aug 8 2007, 03:15 AM
Post #12

*One Block*

Member No.: 40

top stuff guys. looks like you had fun, better than being at work or at home, im dying to get some fin! The weather craps me!

Some nice shots there too

Kamil

--------------------
"Reel Men Smoke Tiagra's"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th July 2024 - 09:16 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates