Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lugging Luderick Back Home.
kkw
post Mar 10 2011, 01:20 AM
Post #1

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Went for a quick fish this morning, but it sped into a 5 hour session. Time flies when you're having fun. Walked onto the beach and saw that there was zero wash coming over the rocks, in my usual location. Decided on a hike down the coast and fish a nice rock shelf which is open to the sea. On my arrival, I saw my old mate Ray with a bend in his rod and his keeper net already tied off in the pool. This was #4 fish for him and another bloke there had half a dozen. Beaudy, I thought. There are a number of small bommies here, so I rigged for a depth of only 1.5m. My float was being washed around in the surges, but no downs. Ray hooked into #5. The other bloke said his farewells and left us to it. This spot is good on a runout, but it was 2 hours before high tide - not ideal. I just couldn't get a down. A few more minutes and my float submerged slowly. Just being towed under by the wash, I thought, but suddenly I was on. Landed a nice, solid fish and opened the account. Then for me, it just turned on. One after the other, Poor old Ray was shaking his head. I lost fish at my feet as they turned for a last ditch effort and got busted off by bigger fish as they dived for the kelp. Got hit very hard several times by what was obviously drummer. The spinning handles of the Avon, rapped me on the knuckles several times, as I was unprepared. One fish hit the bait as soon as it hit the water and was on before I could set the hook. Ray landed four more fish to bring his tally to nine. He wanted one more to crack double figures, but it wasn't to be. I saw a school of tailer chase bait fish up against the ledge and my float ripped down, only to return to the surface milliseconds later. Bitten off. Thanks Tailer!!! I got done a few more times in "drummer ally", so decided to call it a day rather than re-rig yet again. Tally for me was 12 fish. I only wanted three, but on this occasion I kept ten, as a few friends have been asking if I could get them one or two. A great few hours. Haven't had a hot session like that in a while and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Got totally drenched several times, as the swell rolled along the ledge and then hit a vertical face, shooting 15ft into the air and dropping onto me. Like a bucket of water. Biggest fish for me today went 42cm.

Saw a boat trolling south towards Marley, around 2pm and thought it may have been two eye-sore or Viva, but it was past before it registered with me. Did they go out today?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quintrex101
post Mar 10 2011, 01:43 AM
Post #2

BEN 10kg

Group: Members

Member No.: 370

Nice catch there mate, the blackies always seem to be biting for you

I'm going to try my luck at Port Hacking tomorrow afternoon

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Mar 10 2011, 02:59 AM
Post #3

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

kk take Shiny with ewe next time, bloke is dying to go keeps going out on his own but never ketch's anything

I'm going to try my luck at Port Hacking tomorrow afternoon

Bad news DanuSun Pt Hacking is moving in the morning & wont be there in the arvo

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Mar 10 2011, 01:01 PM
Post #4

Marlin

Member No.: 1,004

QUOTE (kkw @ Mar 10 2011, 08:20 PM) *
Went for a quick fish this morning, but it sped into a 5 hour session. Time flies when you're having fun. Walked onto the beach and saw that there was zero wash coming over the rocks, in my usual location. Decided on a hike down the coast and fish a nice rock shelf which is open to the sea. On my arrival, I saw my old mate Ray with a bend in his rod and his keeper net already tied off in the pool. This was #4 fish for him and another bloke there had half a dozen. Beaudy, I thought. There are a number of small bommies here, so I rigged for a depth of only 1.5m. My float was being washed around in the surges, but no downs. Ray hooked into #5. The other bloke said his farewells and left us to it. This spot is good on a runout, but it was 2 hours before high tide - not ideal. I just couldn't get a down. A few more minutes and my float submerged slowly. Just being towed under by the wash, I thought, but suddenly I was on. Landed a nice, solid fish and opened the account. Then for me, it just turned on. One after the other, Poor old Ray was shaking his head. I lost fish at my feet as they turned for a last ditch effort and got busted off by bigger fish as they dived for the kelp. Got hit very hard several times by what was obviously drummer. The spinning handles of the Avon, rapped me on the knuckles several times, as I was unprepared. One fish hit the bait as soon as it hit the water and was on before I could set the hook. Ray landed four more fish to bring his tally to nine. He wanted one more to crack double figures, but it wasn't to be. I saw a school of tailer chase bait fish up against the ledge and my float ripped down, only to return to the surface milliseconds later. Bitten off. Thanks Tailer!!! I got done a few more times in "drummer ally", so decided to call it a day rather than re-rig yet again. Tally for me was 12 fish. I only wanted three, but on this occasion I kept ten, as a few friends have been asking if I could get them one or two. A great few hours. Haven't had a hot session like that in a while and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Got totally drenched several times, as the swell rolled along the ledge and then hit a vertical face, shooting 15ft into the air and dropping onto me. Like a bucket of water. Biggest fish for me today went 42cm.

Saw a boat trolling south towards Marley, around 2pm and thought it may have been two eye-sore or Viva, but it was past before it registered with me. Did they go out today?

With blurred eyes and squinting at the screen, my count is 11.
Well done and fish are fish I spose, you sure have got them pegged.

This post has been edited by nimrod: Mar 10 2011, 01:02 PM

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
kkw
post Mar 10 2011, 01:06 PM
Post #5

Indeed true Frank, but you can't see the one which has flapped into the rock pool to the top left of the pic. It is a big pool where we tether the keeper nets and the fish is still there I guess. Too fast for me to try and scoop it back out. Teach me to empty the bag too close to water. Now to go and deliver some fillets to those who are waiting.

+Quote Post
oz man
post Mar 11 2011, 12:30 PM
Post #6

The Guru

Group: Root Admin

Member No.: 1

QUOTE (kkw @ Mar 11 2011, 08:06 AM) *
Now to go and deliver some fillets to those who are waiting.

Gee stayed up waiting all night and no delivery.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Mar 11 2011, 01:41 PM
Post #7

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

He paid DanuSun to deliver them oz

DunuSun after picking them up went to Pt Hacking but surprise surprise Pt Hacking has moved & DunuSun is still looking for it laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
kkw
post Mar 11 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #8

Ahhh, now I see, Frank. I was squinting and needed the bold, supersize text to make it clear for me smile.gif The fish were just dumped out of the keeper net for a pic. They are all well and truly alive and kicking in that pick. The other lucky escapee is on the left of the pic, third from the bottom. He had a well healed divot in his back, near his head, where he must have been bitten when he was a youngster. I kept TEN.

+Quote Post
poly
post Mar 12 2011, 01:03 AM
Post #9

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

great read kk, and well done for a great days fishin

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th August 2024 - 02:56 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates