> Fishinhg Around The Hacking 25/1
A pirate
post Jan 27 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Jewfish

Group: Members

Member No.: 2,564

Hi all,

Ive been quiet for a while....life has been very very busy ....

Anyhoo a mate and I went out for a fish on Monday 25/1, Our plan was to go just offshore and explore a few spots round Cronulla and RNP.

Our plans saw us launch my mates boat "Pop eye" at 0600ish (just on sunrise) from swallow rock....as I bobbed around the wharf was waiting for him to park the car Jumpus's first of the mini me triplets turned up...... have to say nice gaot, it looks good... I would have said hi but we were ready to go before it was off the trailer.

We headed out to our first spot, off southern the point to the hacking...... set up a burly trail and dropped the lines for a bottom bash.
I have to say with the breeze against current/tide it was a bit bumpy...but I didnt care I was happy to be out...and ive just come back from being in worse.
Straight up the fish were on I got myself a few smaller flatties, a trevally and a slimy.... and all in the first 5min! This was great....but alas my mate was not fairing as well... we was quiet, not interested in beer nor fishing! He was good though, even though he was green he didnt add to the burly trail but he did want to head in! After bagging him out for being soft! We upped lines and headed into the shelter of the headland. Once it smoothed out we again (and he was happy) set up the burly trail and dropped lines ....and again the flatties were on ..... we fished this spot for about 2hours pulling up about 30-40 flatties, though of which only 3 were legal size ~38cm mark (nothing to write home about but a feed). Even though we caught and released all the small flatties and a few other species we were having fun. We ended up getting a few slimies and a few more trevallies of which all were released.

For something different we decided to go pump a few nippers and target bream and whiting and maybe a larger flatty.... over a few beers we pumped 15-20 nippers. We tried as we might but only managing to grab a few small reddies, a toad or two and a larger blue spotted ray..... a little burnt and having a good day we called it quits at 1300.

I even had a good laugh at a bloke trying to drive his 4.5m Quintrex onto the trailer.... I watched him getting his capabilities and expectations mixed up, he hit the trailer that hard and fast the mrs had to jump out of the way as the boat slammed in to the winch roller...luckily he was squared up on the trailer other wise the boat would have been in the car. (i say had a good laugh that was only after I saw everyone was ok). In his panic and realisation he was out of his depth he forgot number 1 rule....SLOW AND STEADY!!! with a bit of assistance from bystanders he got the boat in a position and winched it up.

As we finished cleaning our boat and got it ready for the road I had a quick look at Jumpus's handy work on the trailer and have to say it looks very professional and a nice sturdy job! well done.

All in all it was a good day.... next time my mate has promised me to take a few quell and we'll give the out side spots another go.

--------------------
A Pirate by name, A Pirate by nature!

I support FILLET and RELEASE!

Botany Bay PB's; nil to date
Port Hacking PB's; Flathead 47cm, Bream 36cm, Flounder 32cm (these are not big PB's but its a start)
Northern Australia PB's; Shark 1.6m(whaler), Spangled Emperor 60cm, Spanish Mackerel 1.45m
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Jan 27 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #2

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Kungs were breaking surface feeding just out from Wally's wharf on that day I was told, the boys got a few as well but none of legal size.

Have been meaning to fush the hacking 4 sum time now I'll eventually get around to it with the goat.

To lazy last sunday to hook it up so I grabbed a couple of spin sticks & went walkies along the shore in Gudjamudja Bay rolleyes.gif

Not worth posting a new thread just sum small Wi Tings & a couple of Brimski's

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
catchnrelease
post Jan 27 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #3

*Bi Catch*

Member No.: 11

There are also cobia (yes COBIA) over 1m long running around the place. My mate hooked and landed one that went 1.0something metres whilst trolling a metal. He says there's another one there too, it grabbed his mates undersize red at the boat as he was bringing it in. Unfortunately it swiftly dusted him as he was running bream gear!

This post has been edited by catchnrelease: Jan 27 2010, 10:59 PM

--------------------
DANCE!

+Quote Post
A pirate
post Jan 28 2010, 08:06 PM
Post #4

Jewfish

Member No.: 2,564

ill keep that in mind next time....fingers crossed its sooner rather than later...

--------------------
A Pirate by name, A Pirate by nature!

I support FILLET and RELEASE!

Botany Bay PB's; nil to date
Port Hacking PB's; Flathead 47cm, Bream 36cm, Flounder 32cm (these are not big PB's but its a start)
Northern Australia PB's; Shark 1.6m(whaler), Spangled Emperor 60cm, Spanish Mackerel 1.45m

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th August 2024 - 12:28 AM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates