Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fushin!
Spudly
post Feb 23 2014, 01:52 AM
Post #1

*FruitLoop* 53

Group: Donator

Member No.: 3

Well I had 3 days of fishing over the weekend and didnt take a single photo!!

Day 1 was on Jervis Bay, was hoping to head out wide but forcast of a building Sou-Easter and high seas made me stick closer to shore.
Tried to get some squid but lost a few jigs to leather jacket and got pretty jack of that!! So I fished middle ground for most of the day, and caught some nice bream and rat kings. Got smoked by one king on 15kg gear, always the way though isnt it, they grab the light rod.

Day 2 I headed out from Sussex but the wind had pushed the seas up to a point where it was just uncomfortable, Ended up picking a spot near whiting beach on a little drop off I found on a previous trip, just away from the breakers. Got some nice snapper and other reef fish. In the afternoon the seas calmed a little so headed out to a reef offshore but nothing exciting to report.

Day 3 was only a half day, Fished inside the Basin, Started near the goalposts and got some nice duskies around the 45cm mark on bait and vibes. Then moved to the reefs and anchored up with a burley trail. Caught dozens of small bream and snapper, best bream was about 36cm all were released. Small garfish 2" long swam around in the burley trail but wouldnt take a hook but look promising for the future!

Called it a day... Tomorrow nights dinner is Flattie Fillets in a light batter followed by whole cooked snapper smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kkw
post Feb 23 2014, 02:21 AM
Post #2

" Master of Black Fish"(alias The Criminal)"

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 30

Good work, the Chad. At least you managed to get out and hook a few. Lucky I believe you, cause a pic is worth a thousand words smile.gif

+Quote Post
nimrod
post Feb 23 2014, 02:00 PM
Post #3

Marlin

Group: Moderator

Member No.: 1,004

Way to go Chad. Last few trips out I haven't taken a photo either, well done on the success and better luck next time for the quiet periods

I supposed to be going down to Narooma next week with a few guys but might not be able to make it.
I have got a pretty severe case of scabies, had the treatment last week but looks like I have flared up again and need a second treatment,
which I will do tonight.

--------------------
Frank

Keep it wet

+Quote Post
Jumpus GooDarus
post Feb 24 2014, 12:47 AM
Post #4

His Eminance

Group: Administrators

Member No.: 2

Any Dolly's

--------------------

Save The Fish, Eat a Pussy

+Quote Post
poly
post Mar 5 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #5

the yack man

Group: Donator

Member No.: 4

good one chad, at least you are in there trying.

Paul

--------------------
bugger it's sold,got meself a house instead

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd July 2024 - 10:24 PM
Fishing Oz Style

Fishing, Boating,Camping

Mates